Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 897. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
All I want is a new CLEAN page for just to live!
If i open my wallet 7/24/365 i got rewards from network??

No, you would have to run a miner and contribute some hashrate.  

You can solo mine in the wallet/node using start_mining and very rarely get rewards to the network. It does help secure the coin by decentralizing the hash rate the more different people are doing it. That would be the main reason to do it, not the rewards, which would be rare and small (unless you are using many computers).

Why Monero don't use PoS Sad i mine on pool and my wallet opened 7/24 on VPS. i think i got rewards from network.:/
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

You can solo mine in the wallet/node using start_mining and very rarely get rewards to the network. It does help secure the coin by decentralizing the hash rate the more different people are doing it. That would be the main reason to do it, not the rewards, which would be rare and small (unless you are using many computers).

I have coins mined from pool. or i need to mine direct on wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
There was talk about the missive being ready to go out the door weeks ago... any hints on when it may show up?

welp, with fluffy back, we did a recap of his magical monero mystery tour, so workin on that one.

I got a rough draft done. Any volunteers for transcribing?

PM me and I'll get yah a link.

G2M
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 616
Esteemed equuine entities:

For your perusals:

More colons:

I apologize:

Not for the colons, but for the cnn news article:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/08/technology/abra-bank/index.html?iid=ob_homepage_tech_pool&iid=obnetwork

"In a hyper-connected world, it is astounding to me that you can't pick up the phone and instantly send money to any other phone number in the world," said Abra founder Bill Barhydt, a former software engineer for Goldman Sachs based in San Francisco. He presented his company last week at the Exponential Finance conference in New York.

is this possible with openalias?
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Crossposting for visibility. Seems like an interesting project to raise some awareness and simultaneously contributing to charity.

Thanks for sharing this. Collecting feedback and input is the goal right now.

Cheers.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I propose here to the core devs to use this opportunity to create a "Monero constitution", we'll have the current Monero developers as our "founding fathers" and a GPG document signed by them laying the principles of Monero and what can and cannot be changed ever (like emission).
Not exactly what you are thinking about, but The Three Pillars of Monero (which originated on bitcointalk) is pretty close to it.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Crossposting for visibility. Seems like an interesting project to raise some awareness and simaltaneously contributing to charity.

Community is one of the most important features of the cryptocurrency movement it seems. "Bitcoin culture" has engendered real world meet-ups, collaborative artwork, entrepreneurial start-ups, academic research, online forums, and so on. It is cross-cultural 'mycelium,' truly. As it relates to Monero, L. L. Zamenhof synthesized Esperanto with the intentions of bridging the ethnic differences of a then highly divided Europe. To my mind, it is a symbiotic language of peace, much like mathematics. Both domains of linguistics and math strive to find similarities and harmonic structures in our collective noösphere.

With that said, I wanted to ask other people here for their opinions on this.

How do you feel about a website (U.S.) that would make donations to the non-profit of your choice using Monero? The service is essentially an XMR -> fiat conversion and donation manager. The transaction receipt will be automatically forwarded to the email provided at the time of donation.

Benefits: One can select from a list of dozens of non-profits/charities and donate to multiple ones simultaneously, without the hassle of filling out online forms and information. It also offers a way to donate semi-anonymously via our service proxy. A community hall of fame (similar to the one for XMR development donations) will be set up visibly on the website to commemorate those inclined to give.

Why Monero: The newly proposed International Flag of Planet Earth utilizes Borromean "Ring Structures" - similar in topology to our linkable ring sigs. Aside from helping people (our idealized, digital local-to-global priority), allowing Monero integration with non-profits helps further legitimize the currency outside of the anonymous libertarian slant, heralding its other promise as E-cash. Most tangibly, it will provide much needed exposure for the fledgling currency. Additionally, it appears that in due time many of our prescient investors/miners will be able to contribute a small portion of their growing profits without much effect on their bottom line.

Gold in, gold out: One of our team members is in touch with a few bitcoin media publishers who would likely run an article or two to highlight our efforts, should we make progress with this.

Fee structure: The goal of this utility is not to generate income, but a small <1 XMR fee structure would help maintenance & any overhead costs. It could also be specified that should any revenue actually exceed the basic costs, those funds will be donated to core developers with full transparency. Thanks, View Keys!

Your input: What are the advantages and disadvantages of this idea? How could it best be implemented? Strengths/weakness going forward?

This is all highly provisional. If anyone wants on board, we could use extra skill-sets.

Edit 1:
-> Example draft of front page graphics. A professional designer will be hired. Ideally, there will be drop down menus for the non-profit and research selection (optional). Then the Monero logo in the middle of the page will transform into a customizable value box and/or QR code to submit desired payment.

Graphics credit to Rob @ http://cryptsites.com/

Topic here -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-xmr-non-profit-website-service-1084373
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
Do Monero have secure Android wallet?

I wish I knew of one, but I'm pretty sure there is not. (yet). Hopefully, SoonTM Wink

You can open mymonero.com in your browser, I never tried on my phone but it should be fairly good already. (missing QR-code scan feature though).

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

I wish I knew of one, but I'm pretty sure there is not. (yet). Hopefully, SoonTM Wink
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Plot of The Social Network: taking an idea that's been done (Friendster, Myspace) and borrowing a tweak of that idea (Harvard Connection) and building it into a scalable machine that will change the way the world works (Facebook).

And now they compare Facebook with monero...  Cheesy Roll Eyes

Monero is more profoundly innovative than Facebook. Facebook was an interaction of MySpace. Monero is the first system of any kind in all of human history to provide untraceable, unsinkable transactions in a completely trustless, decentralized, end-to-end manner.

This is not cheap talk, Monero is really the first software in history to fully accomplish the ecash dream, Bytecoin sold their chances for a fake blockchain with 80% premine, invalidating claims of untraceability forever.
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
i would be very interested in watching the martin armstrong movie. anybody seen it ?
we should allready collect data now so we can make a movie too later. this baby will fly god damn you know it Cool

the rise and rise (and rise) of monero  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Selling the following domains.

BetMonero.com
MoneroForum.com
DiceMonero.com

Had plans for some sites that never got around to making.

If anyone knows the bad luck I've run across in the world of BTC knows I can use this $, so consider it a donation   Wink

200 XMR each or
500 for all three.

Maybe can land in some better hands!

MoneroForum.com is sold.
Other 2 still available.
Activity: 649
Merit: 500
Hi guys,

Just a notice that moneroblocks.eu is now back on track. Sorry for the interruption.

Cheers,
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
The.Rise.and.Rise.of.Bitcoin, anyone seen it?

Yes and Huh

Was wondering if it was worth a watch but I just watched it anyway. I guess it was ok for someone that has no clue about the origins as it was nothing but fluff.

It's okish. What I didn't like is that it's very business (and US) oriented. I've watched it with people who weren't in Bitcoin, and they took it that Bitcoin was basically a stuff for young US entrepreneurs. Which is just one narrow view of a much larger story.

Back to topic: will we have one day The.Rise.and.Rise.of.Monero?  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
The.Rise.and.Rise.of.Bitcoin, anyone seen it?

Yes and Huh

Was wondering if it was worth a watch but I just watched it anyway. I guess it was ok for someone that has no clue about the origins as it was nothing but fluff.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Monero tshirts or sweatshirts would look "cool". A dark black with white lining and the monero logo, name, and a catchy slogan: "Don't hate cause I'm anonymous", would be interesting.
http://www.zazzle.fr/moneroshop

With model (Dread Pirate David, the altcoin gangsta):

Hey, i also want this HOODIEEEEEE  Grin
Jump to: