Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 901. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
An update on "our" horses!

http://horsetalk.co.nz/2015/05/28/rare-mustangs-second-chance/#axzz3c2lgJrdJ

Read more: http://horsetalk.co.nz/2015/05/28/rare-mustangs-second-chance/#ixzz3c2lzZq8k
Reuse: You may use up to 20 words and link back to this page. Other reuse not permitted
Follow us: @HorsetalkNZ on Twitter | Horsetalk on Facebook

“The final leg of this special mission opens the door so that the legacy of the Monero Mustangs can live on. In addition to assuring a second chance at life for these victimized horses, through this final phase, these horses will soon be able to live life where they can graze, roam freely, and experience peace in a safe-haven environment.”

The group is seeking assistance to help pay for transport, feed and veterinary care

MONERO MUSTANGS! STILL WILD AND FREE!!!

seriously, how can we do a monero -> paypal thing for this?

Is this a good test case for fluffy's PayBee project?

The simple thing to do is ask the Mustangs to put a Bitpay button on their site, then use XMR.to.
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

Is there a paper wallet generator for this coin?

I'm not aware of a generator app or site, but I have used this method. it's quite brilliant actually. Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8246348

I'm not aware of any present implementation that presents the data in a "ready-to-print" manner. If you're just looking for key generators, then yes, some exist (not all public or finished).
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

I'm not aware of a generator app or site, but I have used this method. it's quite brilliant actually. Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8246348
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
the stolen funds are not the problem. the problem would be the main liquidity place gone(assuming polo goes completely down) and the short to mid term chaos (otc/new exchange etc). but as allready said, i guess community could handle it. still, this is not the time to lay back. we have to try to spread the volume better!
At this moment we are not a serious currency. Consider yourself a merchant  who wants to put 200 thousand dollars in monero to cover your steps. What this  become for monero price?
Even worse... Consider yourself a mafioso type person who wants to put 1 million in there. What the price would be?

nothing would happen... you would have a massive pump.... with a a mega bubble and big crash... thats why a currency needs to grow natural. So we not only need to spread volume... for that to be really necessary we need to raise volume. Atm we are sitting at 30000$ daily volume not that much on a regional or even global scale.

Exactly right. Nobody is going to use this for 100K+ transactions right now. People need to use it for 100 and 1000s transactions, then someday for 10Ks, and then finally for 100Ks and beyond. Silk Road and Satoshi Dice played a big role in growing Bitcoin because they did exactly that. People started with smaller transactions -- that the system could accommodate at the time -- and then both the transaction size and the system capacity grew together from there.

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Speaking of the BCT hack, TLA much?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
After reading some old threads from 2010, I noticed that there was a user by the name of Bytecoin that was involved in conversations with satoshi regarding improvements in bitcoin. Since bytecoin is using cryptonote tech and so is monero, it doesn't seem completely impossible that satoshi is walking among us with a new name. Thoughts? Could he be reading this very thread right now??!?

What we need is a way to generate additional blinded variations of a public key.  The blinded variations would have the same properties as the root public key, such that the private key could generate a signature for any one of them.  Others could not tell if a blinded key is related to the root key, or other blinded keys from the same root key.

What are the desireable properties of a blinded public key which are not achievable by generating a new public key? I'm not clear on what were trying to do.

As an example, say some unpopular military attack has to be ordered, but nobody wants to go down in history as the one who ordered it.  If 10 leaders have private keys, one of them could sign the order and you wouldn't know who did it.

Obviously this could be achieved by them all having the same keys but that's presumably unsuitable for some reason. It looks like you're trying to hide some information while trying to make it still available for other people or under certain circumstances but I'm not sure what.

ByteCoin

I dont think he is Satoshi but I have noticed that nearly all his post offer some insights about what cryptonote is today, his concerns about Bitcoin privacy and fungibility could have incentived the work for a better blockchain. I think chances are high he was/is involved in cryptonote or bytecoin.

edit: hmmm he uses the same email provider satoshi used: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/bytecoin-490

ok did the forum hack made some users email public? Because his email wasnt public and last time he logged on was last year: https://archive.is/kEw2g
Activity: 327
After reading some old threads from 2010, I noticed that there was a user by the name of Bytecoin that was involved in conversations with satoshi regarding improvements in bitcoin. Since bytecoin is using cryptonote tech and so is monero, it doesn't seem completely impossible that satoshi is walking among us with a new name. Thoughts? Could he be reading this very thread right now??!?

What we need is a way to generate additional blinded variations of a public key.  The blinded variations would have the same properties as the root public key, such that the private key could generate a signature for any one of them.  Others could not tell if a blinded key is related to the root key, or other blinded keys from the same root key.

What are the desireable properties of a blinded public key which are not achievable by generating a new public key? I'm not clear on what were trying to do.

As an example, say some unpopular military attack has to be ordered, but nobody wants to go down in history as the one who ordered it.  If 10 leaders have private keys, one of them could sign the order and you wouldn't know who did it.

Obviously this could be achieved by them all having the same keys but that's presumably unsuitable for some reason. It looks like you're trying to hide some information while trying to make it still available for other people or under certain circumstances but I'm not sure what.

ByteCoin
Activity: 768
Merit: 505
the stolen funds are not the problem. the problem would be the main liquidity place gone(assuming polo goes completely down) and the short to mid term chaos (otc/new exchange etc). but as allready said, i guess community could handle it. still, this is not the time to lay back. we have to try to spread the volume better!
At this moment we are not a serious currency. Consider yourself a merchant  who wants to put 200 thousand dollars in monero to cover your steps. What this  become for monero price?
Even worse... Consider yourself a mafioso type person who wants to put 1 million in there. What the price would be?

nothing would happen... you would have a massive pump.... with a a mega bubble and big crash... thats why a currency needs to grow natural. So we not only need to spread volume... for that to be really necessary we need to raise volume. Atm we are sitting at 30000$ daily volume not that much on a regional or even global scale.

P.S: Aunt Edith was here

So in the end the price would be back to the 30000$ daily volume we got after the shock

Activity: 283
At this moment we are not a serious currency. Consider yourself a merchant  who wants to put 200 thousand dollars in monero to cover your steps. What this  become for monero price?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

Read more: http://horsetalk.co.nz/2015/05/28/rare-mustangs-second-chance/#ixzz3c2lzZq8k
Reuse: You may use up to 20 words and link back to this page. Other reuse not permitted

“The final leg of this special mission opens the door so that the legacy of the Monero Mustangs can live on. In addition to assuring a second chance at life for these victimized horses, through this final phase, these horses will soon be able to live life where they can graze, roam freely, and experience peace in a safe-haven environment.”

The group is seeking assistance to help pay for transport, feed and veterinary care

I haven't gotten my hat yet, months later Sad

oh, you mean you sent them money, and no hat?

or you just still haven't actually bought a hat....

The former, sorry for the ambiguity. I sent them an email, I'll call them if  I find they don't keep their emails active.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

oh, you mean you sent them money, and no hat?

or you just still haven't actually bought a hat....
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

legendary

legendary
Monero - infinite TPS

Huh Roll Eyes Huh

im not going to dive into that thread, but its probably been said - the dynamic block size means that the TPS limit is dependent on computer speed and network speed, for processing blocks and transmitting them, respectively.
Monero - infinite TPS

Huh Roll Eyes Huh

yeah I bet it was done on purpose to mock Monero, I'm trying to fix this misleading title arguing about it on the thread but only to find more trolls on the way...

After Polo forceful identification program went live you can be sure only a small fraction of the XMR supply is actually sitting there.

i'm sure someone with enough time on their hands could get a rough estimate of how much monero actually left poloniex leading up to their "live" date by looking at the blockchain.

tipped 1 XMR for the jocose insidious truth Cheesy

edit: new pool: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1078009.60
legendary

After Polo forceful identification program went live you can be sure only a small fraction of the XMR supply is actually sitting there.

i'm sure someone with enough time on their hands could get a rough estimate of how much monero actually left poloniex leading up to their "live" date by looking at the blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Bittrex is not an unreasonable exchange as far as I can tell, so in the event of a Polo disappearance I suspect most of the volume would just immediately move there.

It is somewhat inevitable that the volume will be concentrated in one place at one time because people want to trade where the most volume is. Polo got that by being first and not screwing up.

Jump to: