Pages:
Author

Topic: XMR Monero price poll - what is XMR/BTC rate by Dec-31-2016 ?? - page 2. (Read 4889 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Any speculation for Sept 1?

It seems like the price is being suppressed around 015 - 016, from going either up or down. Until Sept 1 everyone is riding the hype train so there is probably a lot of resistance on pushing the price down. Some whales might also think it can easily surpass 02 and beyond so they may be pressuring the price from rising further at the moment.

Come Sept 1... if we dont see much XMR volume in Alpha/Oasis then I'm guessing we are likely to see an epic dump.

how will you check xmr-volume in alpha/oasis?

best regards

I have no idea lol, I thought the sites could determine the # of transactions happening in XMR? If they announce anything remotely disappointing about XMR not meeting the # of transactions or utility as assumed then I can certainly see the start of a dip. When a coin pumps 500%+ it only needs one excuse to come tumbling down

There is positive attitude in crypto last 2 months in all coins , even the one that dont bring anything new, gained a lot. This positive attitude happened after BTC did not ATH after halving and ETH fiasko.
Monero gained 420% in last 2 weeks and 700% in last 2 months
Monero would be worth $10 sooner or latter without nay news about dark markets.  I personally dont expect that there will be any disappointment , but expect it will be widely used there.
But still the price of Monero will still swing up and down a lot in upcoming weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting

It seems like the price is being suppressed around 015 - 016, from going either up or down. Until Sept 1 everyone is riding the hype train so there is probably a lot of resistance on pushing the price down. Some whales might also think it can easily surpass 02 and beyond so they may be pressuring the price from rising further at the moment.

Come Sept 1... if we dont see much XMR volume in Alpha/Oasis then I'm guessing we are likely to see an epic dump.

best regards

I have no idea lol, I thought the sites could determine the # of transactions happening in XMR? If they announce anything remotely disappointing about XMR not meeting the # of transactions or utility as assumed then I can certainly see the start of a dip. When a coin pumps 500%+ it only needs one excuse to come tumbling down
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
I think Monero is gonna see a significant correction as Z-cash goes on-stream. My guess is ~ $5. At a pinch, I will go with a 0.006 to 0.008 BTC range for year end.
Activity: 514
Merit: 258

best regards
legendary
dafar consulting

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
When will the voting close?
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
I went for 0.011-0.016
Monero may have quite a grow in the next months, but the history tells that winter use to be bad for Monero price, so I expect it to fall back by December....

Based on observation of two winters? It's not a snow to be cheap on winter. The weather is cloudy here, how it can affect price?

The end of the year dip was something I factored in too.

Not that the weather that affects things, but taking profits at year end and other factors do.  December lows and Feb breakouts have happened so far.  Plus BTC is oversold IMHO and due a little run up before the end of year.  These factors and the huge rise we have had, means we could easily retrace (against BTC if not USD) over the next few months.  I actually voted for .0075 (yes, very pessimistic) but I would be FAR happier to see it hit .02 and higher, of course.
Thank you kurious for making it clear.
sammy007, I stand corrected. For me December is in winter. Maybe you are an aussie and then you may not have understood what I meant.  Tongue

95% of people voted higher than me - but polls can often see the crowd being hopelessly optimistic and very wrong.

I think Spring 17 will see it much higher than December 16 - but all this is based on gut feeling only.  Sure, laugh at me if we're out in the Ort belt with $25 + per Monero in December by all means.

But I won't see it, I will be on a beach somewhere celebrating the best Christmas ever Wink

I also hope that Monero will stay low some more time, since I'd like to buys some more. Not really to go to a beach for Christmas, but at least for a city break outside Europe Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
Sure, laugh at me if we're out in the Ort belt with $25 + per Monero in December by all means.

Is that... past the Kuiper belt, and on its way to the Oort cloud ?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
80% are voting higher than the current value. This is a reason for the opposite to happen because people tend to invest according to their perceptions, and if everyone's perception is "UP", then everyone has already bought, and will not be there to cause the momentum towards "UP".
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643
I went for 0.011-0.016
Monero may have quite a grow in the next months, but the history tells that winter use to be bad for Monero price, so I expect it to fall back by December....

Based on observation of two winters? It's not a snow to be cheap on winter. The weather is cloudy here, how it can affect price?

Your guess is...?
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643
I went for 0.011-0.016

The end of the year dip was something I factored in too.

Not that the weather that affects things, but taking profits at year end and other factors do.  December lows and Feb breakouts have happened so far.  Plus BTC is oversold IMHO and due a little run up before the end of year.  These factors and the huge rise we have had, means we could easily retrace (against BTC if not USD) over the next few months.  I actually voted for .0075 (yes, very pessimistic) but I would be FAR happier to see it hit .02 and higher, of course.

95% of people voted higher than me - but polls can often see the crowd being hopelessly optimistic and very wrong.

I think Spring 17 will see it much higher than December 16 - but all this is based on gut feeling only.  Sure, laugh at me if we're out in the Ort belt with $25 + per Monero in December by all means.

But I won't see it, I will be on a beach somewhere celebrating the best Christmas ever Wink
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
I went for 0.011-0.016

Activity: 291
Merit: 250
I went for 0.011-0.016
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
After 26 voters, the consensus (average of the votes) is 0.049. Compared to the current price, 0.015, the voters strongly believe that the rise will continue.

After 82 votes, there have been less new "0.064+ votes", and more votes in the 0.016-0.064 range.

The average is 0.040, which is still higher than the current price, 0.014.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
I think we have another pump coming to .02btc. Everyone is on the sidelines now hoping for it to fall so they can buy in for the next increase, which is a self fulfilling prophecy.  There is a precedent of altcoins going higher (eth) so everyone knows there is room for growth. Once we hit old etherum highs it'll probably stagnate until news comes out,

1.5 bm USD?  That's a stretch, on speculation.  Not hyped enough, like ETH was.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
I think we have another pump coming to .02btc. Everyone is on the sidelines now hoping for it to fall so they can buy in for the next increase, which is a self fulfilling prophecy.  There is a precedent of altcoins going higher (eth) so everyone knows there is room for growth. Once we hit old etherum highs it'll probably stagnate until news comes out,
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
Anyhow, unless you are specifically speculating in another price series, efficient markets imply that the current price is the best uninformed estimate of the future price (or NPV thereof, in the presence of beneficiary cash flows).
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
I think the poll should be in XMR/USD. Now you are asking to speculate on the price of monero and the price of bitcoin at Dec-31-2016. Both are moving targets, while one moving target has proven to be already quite a challenge.

I for example speculate the USD price of bitcoin to slowly rise, while monero stabilizing at the current USD level. Luckily I don't trade.

After 26 voters, the consensus (average of the votes) is 0.049. Compared to the current price, 0.015, the voters strongly believe that the rise will continue.
I am around for long enough to know what that means  Wink.

With any currency pair you're looking at moving targets. It's not like USD is static.
legendary
Activity: 2214
Merit: 3209
Flippin' burgers since 1163.
I think the poll should be in XMR/USD. Now you are asking to speculate on the price of monero and the price of bitcoin at Dec-31-2016. Both are moving targets, while one moving target has proven to be already quite a challenge.

I for example speculate the USD price of bitcoin to slowly rise, while monero stabilizing at the current USD level. Luckily I don't trade.

I am around for long enough to know what that means  Wink.
legendary
dafar consulting

I am not a mod here but please do not use rude language. Thanks.

Ok I removed it   Wink
Pages:
Jump to: