Pages:
Author

Topic: XMR-stak-JK 2.10.7 Compiled with no devfee (Updated: 2019-8-18) - page 14. (Read 28567 times)

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Hi JK,

just wanted to say thank you again
have referred many to your thread here
hope you are feeling better

all the best

Thanks again.   Ill be trying to reinstall VS2017 right now as well as the cuda SDK.... we will see how it goes....

Activity: 182
Merit: 12
Hi JK,

just wanted to say thank you again
have referred many to your thread here
hope you are feeling better

all the best

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I compiled 2.4.3 from the source just using the compile instructions after changing it to 0%. It was fairly straight forward. I'm more than willing to give out a link.

I appreciate the original poster giving access to his previous version.

Dan

Feel free to post it. Let's check out your work; lol, jk. I would attempt to compile myself if I weren't so dang busy. Trying to get there, one step at a time.
Activity: 3
I compiled 2.4.3 from the source just using the compile instructions after changing it to 0%. It was fairly straight forward. I'm more than willing to give out a link.

I appreciate the original poster giving access to his previous version.

Dan
legendary
Any updates to this?

not yet.   Hopefully soon Ill be able to reinstall VS2017 and the cuda toolkits.... give it another attempt.

There are a few programs im waiting to be able to compile....
Activity: 9
Any updates to this?
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Just an update guys.

Can't compile this.   MS Visual Studio broke my compiler to no fault of my own.  I can't get an acceptable version for the version of CUDA I have installed.

Funny;  it happened before I even tried to update VS or the CUDA toolkit.

When I can get MSVS2017 and CUDA9.1 to play again;  Ill have a re-compiled updated version.

Until then;  you will have to just be upset at microsoft for their typical BS.

Good luck in getting it working again. I installed MSVS2017 and thought I'd have a go at compiling XMrig to get rig of the dev fee but it's not been working out too well, at least every time I have a go I'm getting further down the line - wish I knew what I was doing Smiley
legendary
Just an update guys.

Can't compile this.   MS Visual Studio broke my compiler to no fault of my own.  I can't get an acceptable version for the version of CUDA I have installed.

Funny;  it happened before I even tried to update VS or the CUDA toolkit.

When I can get MSVS2017 and CUDA9.1 to play again;  Ill have a re-compiled updated version.

Until then;  you will have to just be upset at microsoft for their typical BS.
legendary
Can you please update and reshare using latest release? There was an update a few hours back. Thanks for the great work, bro.

and people wonder why other miners are closed source.

Devs give the option and even teach how to do, what file to edit.

I can compile XMR-Stak myself, and I do it for my AMD machine, disabling CUDA backend.

But I need now a 2.4.3 Nvidia working version, and really could use a pre-compiled one because I would need to install a few gigs on that PC, namely MS Visual Studio and Nvidia CUDA.

For someone who has done it, it's a 5 minute task.

I can do it;  when I am well enough.   

I am in no state to be trying this right now;  I've been on Carisoprodol all weekend.... I am in no state until I come back to reality in another day or two as today is my last day of doses.... sorry guys....
Activity: 388
Merit: 13
Can you please update and reshare using latest release? There was an update a few hours back. Thanks for the great work, bro.

Devs give the option and even teach how to do, what file to edit.

I can compile XMR-Stak myself, and I do it for my AMD machine, disabling CUDA backend.

But I need now a 2.4.3 Nvidia working version, and really could use a pre-compiled one because I would need to install a few gigs on that PC, namely MS Visual Studio and Nvidia CUDA.

For someone who has done it, it's a 5 minute task.
Activity: 388
Merit: 13
@JaredKaragen

Would love to see this compiled from the new 2.4.3. Looking forward to it!

Me too.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Does anybody know why there are a lot of "job not found" rejected shares when mining at nicehash?
They are driving me crazy.

Thanks for this thread, inspired me to compile it myself (took a while but it worked).
For all you do-it-yourselfers out there, I used this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgK8dhKmxc0

Activity: 38
@JaredKaragen

Would love to see this compiled from the new 2.4.3. Looking forward to it!
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
Thanks for compiling this! Has anyone tried with R9 380 or R9 380x cards? What are the best settings?

Not sure about AMD, I only have an RX560 on hand for testing.   Outside input is greatly appreciated, but since it seems to support the old HD cards, so I think the other R series cards should be supported.

Thanks for doing this! And I can help with the recommended settings for an RX 560 with 16 Compute Units (ie - not the RX 560D, which has 14 CU). I get the best results with two threads per GPU, intensity of 416, worksize of 8, affine to cpu false and strided index 1. So, for example, the relevant section from my amd.txt file looks like the following:

Code:
"gpu_threads_conf" : [
  // gpu: Baffin memory:1395
  // compute units: 16

{ "index" : 0, "intensity" : 416, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false, "strided_index" : 1, "mem_chunk" : 2, "comp_mode" : true },
  { "index" : 0, "intensity" : 416, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false, "strided_index" : 1, "mem_chunk" : 2, "comp_mode" : true },

],

I have 4 cards on that rig and the above section is repeated for each of them except index is incremented by 1 (ie - "index" : 1 for the 2nd GPU; etc.).

When everything is humming I get right around 500 H/s for each GPU using the Adrenalin 18.2.3 drivers on Win 10.

EDIT - oops, I just noticed that you have the RX 560, and the person you were responding to was looking for help with settings for older cards... alas, I can't help with that, either. I'll leave my post as is in case someone else is looking to tweak their RX 560.

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

legendary
Followed all instructions on the XMR-stak github to compile.  This is the new Monero7 fork fix.  *edit* 4/6/18 4:05PM PST  Mining fine.  Fork-compatibility assured.

Yeah, Ill be working till late (another 4-5 hours) then when I get home, hopefully Ill be able to recompile the binary from the new source for you guys.

Stay tuned for an update.  if not tonight or tomorrow, this weekend for sure.

Activity: 59
Followed all instructions on the XMR-stak github to compile.  This is the new Monero7 fork fix.  *edit* 4/6/18 4:05PM PST  Mining fine.  Fork-compatibility assured.

legendary
Not sure why you closed the last thread. Wouldn't call my post useless spam.
As you mentioned, the instructions to compile and change the DevFee are clearly outlined on github.
There is always a risk in downloading unknown files. The safest option if you want to change the DevFee is to compile the program yourself - I'd encourage people to at least try.
Jared seems like a nice enough guy and I'm sure would help users out if they have issues but again, safest option is to compile yourself. Trust the code - beware of people.

I wanted to have mod control of my thread;  repeats of the same crap are just annoying and useless as the second reply was.

Of course, with anything precompiled, it's at your own risk or your own ability to research the source (provider) or the material (app to download) =)

And to make it clear for commenting things:
Code:
This text is not commented out 
/* But everything between these symbols is commented out */
as well as this text or code is not commented out // But everything after the two '//' is commented out for this line only.
not this line, this line is not commented out

Hopefully that helps serve as a primer for people that don't understand C code type comment fundamentals.

legendary
NICE JOB Smiley

Do you add other coin in?

TRTL not work (light) i try with criptonight_lite but reject
XHV not work (heavy) i try with sumo but reject

I dont think so;  it was the first xmr-stak release for the cryptonight7 fork.   I didn't look into any of the other algos, my only focus was a zero devfee XMR miner; cause most of em have fees and negatives with switching to a dev pool.
Activity: 417
NICE JOB Smiley

Do you add other coin in?

TRTL not work (light) i try with criptonight_lite but reject
XHV not work (heavy) i try with sumo but reject
Pages:
Jump to: