Pages:
Author

Topic: XMR-stak-JK 2.10.7 Compiled with no devfee (Updated: 2019-8-18) - page 16. (Read 28568 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Thanks for the release !
Activity: 182
Merit: 12
will give it a whirl,
using Cast XMR with 1.5% fee seems stupid when you can keep that fee by using your compiled Stak

we are also doing things check it out, https://vegatoken.org/

thx again
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
I wonder if it works with RX 550 cards. The claymore miner does not work with that.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Is that program faster than the Claymore miner for the R9 290 or 390?

I am unsure.  presently I only have an Rx560 to test and it sees an average of 350H/sec...  which seems on par with recent releases; I started it up ~8 hours ago, so the hashrate average is a real average.

Hi JaredKaragen....how you been? Smiley
Thx for your mining app.

EDIT: There is no read me file....I'll try using

I've... been... busy... to say the least.   Still staying afloat and feeding myself.... tis what counts Wink

xmr-stak is a bit different than ccminer.  I have the original post updated, as well as the new link to the replacement files.  There was corruption in one of the DLL's apparently from my thumbdrive.   I noticed it when installing onto one of my machines that normally doesn't run XMR just a minute ago.   Double checked this version.  Worked like it should....  sorry for the issues.

there's flags you can use at launch if you run xmr-stak --help from a command prompt/powershell.  don't quote me (been up over 24 hours now) but its something to the tune of --disablenvidia --disablecpu, etc....

or if you know code somewhat well; and don't want to look up what the flags are for at launch; you can go into the text files generated in the xmr stak folder; and edit the files you wish to do;  if you want to disable a specific nvidia GPU;  just go in and comment out the details for the GPU like this:
Code:
/*
 * GPU configuration. You should play around with threads and blocks as the fastest settings will vary.
 * index         - GPU index number usually starts from 0.
 * threads       - Number of GPU threads (nothing to do with CPU threads).
 * blocks        - Number of GPU blocks (nothing to do with CPU threads).
 * bfactor       - Enables running the Cryptonight kernel in smaller pieces.
 *                 Increase if you want to reduce GPU lag. Recommended setting on GUI systems - 8
 * bsleep        - Insert a delay of X microseconds between kernel launches.
 *                 Increase if you want to reduce GPU lag. Recommended setting on GUI systems - 100
 * affine_to_cpu - This will affine the thread to a CPU. This can make a GPU miner play along nicer with a CPU miner.
 * sync_mode     - method used to synchronize the device
 *                 documentation: http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-runtime-api/group__CUDART__DEVICE.html#group__CUDART__DEVICE_1g69e73c7dda3fc05306ae7c811a690fac
 *                 0 = cudaDeviceScheduleAuto
 *                 1 = cudaDeviceScheduleSpin - create a high load on one cpu thread per gpu
 *                 2 = cudaDeviceScheduleYield
 *                 3 = cudaDeviceScheduleBlockingSync (default)
 * On the first run the miner will look at your system and suggest a basic configuration that will work,
 * you can try to tweak it from there to get the best performance.
 * A filled out configuration should look like this:
 * "gpu_threads_conf" :
 * [
 *     { "index" : 0, "threads" : 17, "blocks" : 60, "bfactor" : 0, "bsleep" :  0,
 *       "affine_to_cpu" : false, "sync_mode" : 3,
 *     },
 * ],
 * If you do not wish to mine with your nVidia GPU(s) then use:
 * "gpu_threads_conf" :
 * null,
 */

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
/*  // gpu: GeForce GTX 1070 architecture: 61
  //      memory: 6789/8192 MiB
  //      smx: 15
  { "index" : 0,
    "threads" : 28, "blocks" : 45,
    "bfactor" : 6, "bsleep" :  25,
    "affine_to_cpu" : false, "sync_mode" : 3,
  },
*/
  // gpu: GeForce GTX 980 architecture: 52
  //      memory: 3370/4096 MiB
  //      smx: 16
  { "index" : 1,
    "threads" : 12, "blocks" : 48,
    "bfactor" : 6, "bsleep" :  25,
    "affine_to_cpu" : false, "sync_mode" : 3,
  },

],

notice the /* at the beginning of one GPU section, and the */ closing it;  so my XR stak would now only mine with my second GPU (the 980).

or another example if you dont want to mine on your CPU (cpu.txt):

This:
Code:
"cpu_threads_conf" :
[
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 2 },

],

Becomes this:
Code:
"cpu_threads_conf" :
[
   /* { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 2 },
  */
  //  or you can comment out a line one at a time like this line
],

on my machines, I just put a link to the xmr-stak.exe into the system startup folder....   the text/json config files make it so you dont need to launch the miner with the same details every time like ccminer does.

FYI this works on old GTX4xx cards up to the current pascal cards.  only tested with an RX560 as per above, but im sure its got a lot of backwards compatibility considering how many devices it can handle presently.

If you add more gpus to the system or change the processor, etc... just delete the text/json file pertaining (pool/cpu/amd/nvidia) and it will just re-check or re-ask questions it needs to next time you launch it.  If all of your systems are similar, you can copy/paste the JSON configs, and just go into each miner's pool.txt config and change the worker name.

if you are using nanopool, be sure to follow their instructions for connecting with a worker name;  don't reply on the worker name it asked for you separate,  Im not sure exactly yet wht this version asks you if its already included in the username.
legendary
Just run xmr-stak.exe and answer questions it asks.  It will configure all devices it finds.  There are flags in the xmr-stak docs that can allow you to disable one or the other type of hardware such as cpu.

I'll have to re-compress the archive with the xmr-stak originals; yes, I did not include them.  I'll try to get on that asap.

I'll post again shortly, as well as update original post's download link.

A big storm is coming through Cali and it's messing with my connection.  Please bear with me.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Is that program faster than the Claymore miner for the R9 290 or 390?
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Hi JaredKaragen....how you been? Smiley
Thx for your mining app.

EDIT: There is no read me file....I'll try using

:start
rem for 750ti -l 8x30
set xmrAddress=addy
set poolPassword=x
set poolUrl=stratum+tcp://poolxxx:1234
set launchParam=-l 8x30
rem greater value means more interactivity of your system but lower hash rate
set bFactor=10
rem time between a kernel start
set bSleep=100
xmrMiner_xmr-stak.exe --url=%poolUrl% -u %xmrAddress% -p %poolPassword% %launchParam% --bfactor=%bFactor% --bsleep=%bSleep%
goto start

Hope this works. Smiley

legendary
Followed all instructions on the XMR-stak github to compile.... kinda.  Notes are below.

Huge thanks to Fireice-UK for making this source public.  Without it;  this release would not be here.  If you like it;  I suggest you donate to him directly rather than the devfee as it costs you more than just the donation time of hashrate in the real scope of things.

Compiled using Cuda 10.  
DevFee set to zero.  
Build version number stayed the same, build name was changed (added -JK).  
No major modifications aside from "built by notes", and changing the donate address to '127.0.0.1' for quick timeouts if there is any code trickery I did not catch.  CLi.cpp file was modified to add built by notes, as well as remove excessive fluff.

No donations or whatever required.  Just enjoy.  I know a bunch of you (like me) would like the zero devfee build, but either can't or are too lazy to compile it yourself.   Here you go you lazy ones Wink  If you do feel like taking the time to donate to me for my time, you can find the donation address in the "miner batch" post that is linked in my signature just message me...  But I highly suggest throwing a donation to fireice-uk first... without him, this release would not be possible.

***I literally cut/paste the source and built it 100% as per instruction aside from the edits mentioned above.***

MS Visual C++ Runtime:
Download here

Current Version:
Download XMR-Stak-2.10.7-JK (VS2019 Build) here
Download XMR-Stak-2.10.7-JK here

Previous versions:
Download XMR-Stak-2.10.6-JK here
Download XMR-Stak-2.10.5-JK here (NOTE: suggested to delete old .txt files and let them get rebuilt due to some changes)
Download XMR-Stak-2.10.3-JK here
Download XMR-Stak-2.10.2-JK here
Download XMR-Stak-2.10.1-JK here
Download XMR-Stak-2.10.0-JK here
Download XMR-Stak-2.9.0-JK here
Download XMR-Stak-2.8.3-JK here
Download XMR-Stak-2.8.2-JK here
Download XMR-Stak-2.7.1-JK here
Download XMR-Stak-2.6.0-JK here
Download XMR-Stak-2.5.2-JK here
Download XMR-Stak-2.5.1-JK here
Download XMR-Stak-2.4.4-JK here
Download XMR-Stak-2.4.2-JK here

If you are getting slower hashrates on older cards, try these DLL files.  They are from a different release of xmr-stak, thus not compiled by me.  But, another user has reported that replacing the DLL's with these has increased performance.  Your mileage may vary:  https://mega.nz/#!oGY0iIxa!X1tlll_HR5LWTa1aT3jBQIZAR3Bv91_Bgll8huVl84w  This was applicable on 2.4.x only.

*update*
2019-08-18: Compiled and uploaded 2.10.7 under VS2019
2019-08-12: Compiled and uploaded 2.10.7
2019-07-23: Compiled and uploaded 2.10.6
2019-06-15: Compiled and uploaded 2.10.5
2019-03-28: Compiled and uploaded 2.10.3
2019-03-16: Compiled and uploaded 2.10.2
2019-03-12: Compiled and uploaded 2.10.1
2019-03-07: Compiled tested and uploaded 2.10.0
2019-03-04: Compiled and uploaded 2.9.0
2019-02-16: Compiled and uploaded 2.8.3
2019-02-15: Compiled and uploaded 2.8.2
2018-12-10: Compiled and uploaded 2.7.1
2018-11-23: Compiled and uploaded 2.6.0
2018-10-29: Compiled and uploaded 2.5.2
2018-10-18: Compiled tested and uploaded 2.5.1
2018-06-03: Compiled and uploaded 2.4.4
2018-05-30: Added vc redistributable install link
2018-05-29: Compiled and uploaded 2.4.3/quickly removed partially built binary
2018-04-10: Alternate .dll files from original dev's older release available, download link added.  May give better or worse hashrates.
2018-04-06: Fixed issue with not launching properly.  Added original usage docs from source.

Just run xmr-stak.exe and fill out the questions.  from there after, just run xmr-stak.exe and theres no need to put any commands after.
See my below replies for notes on disabling CPU and GPU's individually.  I can help if you need assistance with your configuration.

Please see all of the build and usage notes on the original github: By clicking here.

If you are looking for XTL-stak, that's right here.
Pages:
Jump to: