Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] vs [BBR] - Fight!! - CryptoNote War - page 5. (Read 6425 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
September 25, 2014, 09:44:02 PM
Solid infographic OP, good points. You are a brave man picking a fight with Monero on their own forums though.   Grin

No one is scared to pick a fight with Monero - although, this really isn't a fight. Outside of more money being speculated in XMR, BBR is superior in every way. BBR also has the leading CN developer in the world and it isn't even close. Hell, even XMR devs admit that (look at my sig if you doubt that).

The ONLY thing XMR has done better is get speculators to speculate. However, this is about (already) to change. 

We will put SuperNet, and its potential 1000s of daily wallet (announcing soon) users aside for a moment, and just look at the landscape. There is a lot of BTC whales and outside money looking to invest at BBR. Just look at the order books, where over 25% of TOTAL coins are current bid for on the bid side.

So the market is prime to even out the ridiculous market cap between the two coins. The only question is which side do you want to place you bet on?

Don't believe me? Then just keep an eye on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.4780 over the next couple of weeks. You'll get a taste of the changes to come.
Activity: 542
Merit: 250
September 25, 2014, 08:57:07 PM
Smoke was such a better character in the Mortal Kombat games. If Smoke was XMR, and BBR was Sub Zero, depending how the fight ends; THIS could potentially happen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxTBLKH4tZ4

Choose your destiny wisely everyone!
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 25, 2014, 08:49:25 PM
Where's moneroman???

Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
September 25, 2014, 08:41:48 PM
Solid infographic OP, good points. You are a brave man picking a fight with Monero on their own forums though.   Grin
Activity: 280
Merit: 13
September 25, 2014, 08:40:58 PM
I think XMR will win

I'm a little confused at the difference in market caps actually, seems that XMR is built on a sandy foundation whilst BBR is built upon concrete. (maybe sounds a little unfair but in terms of emission rate, blockchain design, proof-of-work algorithm, etc. The Bitmonero distribution is really not good IMO)

It was noted yesterday a Monero developer making git pull and copying code from BBR, without a solid idea what the code actually does. Huh

For synchronization, It was around 12 minutes for BBR, and close to 4 hours for XMR. (I have all logs and also own test-suites- anyone can verify this information independently) That is an astounding difference.!

Could you give the basis of your argument as to why I should invest into XMR instead of BBR?

I feel like If I invest into XMR I be investing into the weaker project simply because it is the flavor of the month pump/hype train. I don't like to buy into hype or 'celebrities'  It seems the market in XMR is more saturated with less chance of positive return at this point.

Looking at BBR, I just see consistent updates from the developer scrolling back. Still cannot understand why the value is so different comparatively. Did funds pour into the wrong cryptonote coin- is this a result of the 'whales' propping the price? - serious question, not trolling
Activity: 666
Merit: 500
September 25, 2014, 08:28:58 PM
I think XMR will win
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
September 25, 2014, 08:16:37 PM
BBR has a worse name tho  Cheesy
September 25, 2014, 07:20:11 PM
i think if bbr had as much transactions as xmr it would be like 80% the size of xmr's blockchain.

And if my grandma had wheels she would be a bike

But she doesn't.  We aren't comparing hypotheticals.

Reality is in front of you, these are the block-chain sizes that exists and so I documented it.

PS: BBR total TX 139,920
     XMR total TX 483,983

= 3.45 Less transactions within BBR.

Actual Blockchain size BBR is 6.42 x smaller than XMR, and the most important thing- It CAN be trimmed by design, unlike XMR
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 25, 2014, 07:10:29 PM
i'm fairly sure your 70% is wrong.  i think if bbr had as much transactions as xmr it would be like 80% the size of xmr's blockchain.
September 25, 2014, 07:02:09 PM
Pages:
Jump to: