Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 110. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100
So far, my core 2 duo processor is getting 3-400 PPS compared to 50ish it was getting originally. Of course I still haven't found a block yet... I'm sure global PPS is way up there now. I'll leave it running for 24 hours to see if it's worth it.

Short answer: Use a pool: http://ypool.net/news.php

BS

Are you worried people will get a leg up on your 100 servers?

I am extremely skeptical that this is an actual pool. Writing a pool for XPM looks quite hard and I doubt these guys did it in 7 days. More likely they are just pooling the coins that are solo mined by their users and keeping them.
Activity: 771
Merit: 258
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
so if I just replace the primecoin-qt.exe and the daemon on this windows machine, what will happen with the coins that are already on this machine? Or is it best to send these coins to another account before installing this release on this machine?

We need good Wiki or a FAQ. Same questions been asked over and over again, and you can't point people anywhere.

Your coins are tied to your private key(s), which is in wallet.dat file. That file is located in totally separate directory from your Primecoin client, and any re-installation has no effect on it.
^ Wiki is needed, agreed.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
I'm gonna try different sieve sizes on digitalocean vps...having 0 blocks for a day so far.

Honestly, digitalocean is crap. don't waste your money on that crap VPS. there are better VPS's out there that you will see much better performance on for a similar price.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
so if I just replace the primecoin-qt.exe and the daemon on this windows machine, what will happen with the coins that are already on this machine? Or is it best to send these coins to another account before installing this release on this machine?

We need good Wiki or a FAQ. Same questions been asked over and over again, and you can't point people anywhere.

Your coins are tied to your private key(s), which is in wallet.dat file. That file is located in totally separate directory from your Primecoin client, and any re-installation has no effect on it.
Activity: 296
The client seems to crash for me after few minutes of mining

running hp3-win64
on Win 7 x64 I7 930

any ideas?

This is what I got, and only once, only after hours of mining, and never again since restart.

EDIT This was with hp3, I7 2660
Activity: 406
Mining with this. Found 2 blocks since I installed it. Looking good.

What are you running? How many PPS?
Personally owned Xeon rack server. With known benchmarks it's about as fast as an ivy bridge core i5 although maybe it's faster with this highly specialized purpose? 3400-4000 pps.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Activity: 182
Merit: 10

What are you running? How many PPS?
Activity: 224
Mining with what?
Activity: 406
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I'm gonna try different sieve sizes on digitalocean vps...having 0 blocks for a day so far.
legendary
^ Will code for Bitcoins
changed seive size to 2m restarted, boom! hit a block instantly. probably just dumb luck.

Lucky... haha Tongue

Almost certainly, but I've noticed that block findings are more common after just starting the primecoind (first 1/2 hour) then regularly. Maybe I'm imagining things.

Hhmm... well luck is on your side. Smiley

I have 9 VPSs right now running the new hp4 build and nothing... What's your sievesize? (if you don't mind sharing)

I had default until an hour ago, just switched to 2mil, everybody seam to recommend it, and I really have no time to test it myself on testnet.
Activity: 154
My primecoind keep turning off when mining for a while? Have to start primecoind again and watch.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
using mikaelhs's build 2 with no a sieve size changes. 15 blocks today. 15k pps
legendary
^ Will code for Bitcoins
changed seive size to 2m restarted, boom! hit a block instantly. probably just dumb luck.

Lucky... haha Tongue

Almost certainly, but I've noticed that block findings are more common after just starting the primecoind (first 1/2 hour) then regularly. Maybe I'm imagining things.
Activity: 392
I'm on a Ubuntu VPS and HP4 keep crashing on some of my instance.
Is there an easy way to auto-restart an program when he crashes?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
I guess I'm super special.  I just "cd /usr/local/bin" and do "primecoind command" and it does work.  Never had the need to do a ./ prefix.

Just leave out the cd /usr/local/bin, the command should work no matter what directory you are in, the cd is not needed and its a bad place to sit too because for example if core dumps happen they like to land in your current directory, so in general it is best practice for your current directory to be one you have write access to and also one where you will expect/know to go looking for anything you created as side effects when doing things, such as core dump files. Likely core dumps are turned off, but still it is pointless to do that cd, as the reason the program was itself put in /usr/local/bin was so that you will be able to execute it from anywhere, because /usr/local/bin is on your PATH when you are a user in a shell. (it is usually deliberately not in the PATH for scripts run by the cron daemon and stuff like that).

-MarkM-
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
So far, my core 2 duo processor is getting 3-400 PPS compared to 50ish it was getting originally. Of course I still haven't found a block yet... I'm sure global PPS is way up there now. I'll leave it running for 24 hours to see if it's worth it.

Short answer: Use a pool: http://ypool.net/news.php

Does the pool worx fine?
I know its hard to do pool with primes, and i hear not match get mined @pool

Yes I've used it. I sandboxed jhPrimeminer.exe and it's not malicious. They pay you shares. Their system now is imperfect and less efficient than HP4 but you are guaranteed a payout where as solo mining you are not.
Activity: 392
Activity: 321
I can't find the command to change the sievesize, on a Linux VPS
I tried : primecoind -sievesize 2000000
 But it doesn't work.

Here is how it works:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2729106

Or try adding it to your "primecoin.conf":
sievesize=2000000
The primecoin.conf should be located at ~/.primecoin in linux installations. If not, create one there Wink
Jump to: