Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 108. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange
I see from the debug.log of hp4 that when I change sievesize test/h increases but 5-chains/h decreases on one machine, all by 2 times. Should I trust 5-chains/h more or test/h more?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
New update V1.2 released on Android users of Primecoin Buzz App

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-primecoin-buzz-first-android-app-for-primecoin-253060

http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=368.new#new

Any tips is greatly appreciated further funding & development.

Thanks!
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
is the sievesize default for hp4 ok or should this change based on your system? I have a core i7 running (8 threads)

Or better yet, do folks have recommended sievesizes for different platforms?

bah ok I was getting 1 block / hr with a sievesize 1M. Trying 2M, will see how it works out.
Activity: 246
My spoon is too big!
so if I just replace the primecoin-qt.exe and the daemon on this windows machine, what will happen with the coins that are already on this machine? Or is it best to send these coins to another account before installing this release on this machine?

We need good Wiki or a FAQ. Same questions been asked over and over again, and you can't point people anywhere.

Your coins are tied to your private key(s), which is in wallet.dat file. That file is located in totally separate directory from your Primecoin client, and any re-installation has no effect on it.

on a windows machine, where is this wallet.dat file stored? Im not finding it.

Should be appdata/primecoin

WindowsKey+R (or Start, Run)
%appdata%\Primecoin
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
so if I just replace the primecoin-qt.exe and the daemon on this windows machine, what will happen with the coins that are already on this machine? Or is it best to send these coins to another account before installing this release on this machine?

We need good Wiki or a FAQ. Same questions been asked over and over again, and you can't point people anywhere.

Your coins are tied to your private key(s), which is in wallet.dat file. That file is located in totally separate directory from your Primecoin client, and any re-installation has no effect on it.

Should be appdata/primecoin
Activity: 314
Merit: 100

It depends on your version of windows, but it's in the hidden app data > roaming > primecoin folder in your user account folder.  It's easier to just select "backup wallet" from the file menu and put it somewhere where you can find it easily.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Independent Analyst
Ok, so I have followed all guides on how to install this but it still doesn't work on Ubuntu 13 x64bits (I managed to install it on 32 bits, same problem with Debian).
Can anyone please tell what's is wrong with this error?:

I got these installed:
Code:
apt-get install git
git clone https://github.com/mikaelh2/primecoin
apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libboost-all-dev libdb5.3++-dev -y
apt-get install libgmp-dev

cd ~/primecoin/src
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-

How much ram do you have on that server?

512MB, I was able to install the official client before, seems to be having the same problem installing even new official client now.

Will swapping help?
is the sievesize default for hp4 ok or should this change based on your system? I have a core i7 running (8 threads)

Or better yet, do folks have recommended sievesizes for different platforms?
Activity: 406
One machine (a rack server). It draws 200 watts when mining. (I tested) Took less than 24 hours of mining to get that far. I estimate the electricity it drew when doing this costed about 5 cents, although I'm not paying electricity because it's included in rent anyways.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Me too. Except I bought myself new headphones, an SD card, and a camera with the money I made. God I love crypto economics. Wink

Wow. I just realized that with the 2 blocks I mined using this client, and the exchange rates for XPM/BTC on Vircurex, I made 0.09 BTC In one day! Damn, is this luck? I'm mining with i5 performance hardware.

Huh? Missed a decimal or something? how many coins in each of those two blocks and what was the price on Vircurex?

-MarkM-

~13 XPM per block. Total of ~25 XPM. Vircurex price of 0.0037988 BTC per XPM. Traded for 0.09727253 BTC. Traded for ~3 LTC.

It's legit bro.

I guess I just got real lucky. Tongue

Oh its your before machine electricity and airconditioner electricity earnings when you got a fluke price at Vircurex then, okay that makes sense.

How many machines ate how much electricity to get there though? Wink

-MarkM-
Activity: 602
GIT IS DOWN... and DISABLED

ANYONE HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE? I don't think I saved his resources.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/primecoin-hp/files/
We'll have to wait for him to re-upload.
Activity: 294
GIT IS DOWN... and DISABLED

ANYONE HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE? I don't think I saved his resources.
Activity: 602
Ok, so I have followed all guides on how to install this but it still doesn't work on Ubuntu 13 x64bits (I managed to install it on 32 bits, same problem with Debian).
Can anyone please tell what's is wrong with this error?:

I got these installed:
Code:
apt-get install git

cd ~/primecoin/src

How much ram do you have on that server?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Independent Analyst
Can anyone please tell what's is wrong with this compiling error?:

I got these installed:
Code:
apt-get install git

cd ~/primecoin/src
Me too. Except I bought myself new headphones, an SD card, and a camera with the money I made. God I love crypto economics. Wink

Wow. I just realized that with the 2 blocks I mined using this client, and the exchange rates for XPM/BTC on Vircurex, I made 0.09 BTC In one day! Damn, is this luck? I'm mining with i5 performance hardware.

Huh? Missed a decimal or something? how many coins in each of those two blocks and what was the price on Vircurex?

-MarkM-

~13 XPM per block. Total of ~25 XPM. Vircurex price of 0.0037988 BTC per XPM. Traded for 0.09727253 BTC. Traded for ~3 LTC.

It's legit bro.

I guess I just got real lucky. Tongue
Activity: 868
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I would like to thank everyone who made XPM a success.

You guys have just paid my power costs this month in 3 days.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

-MarkM-
Jump to: