Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 109. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Wow. I just realized that with the 2 blocks I mined using this client, and the exchange rates for XPM/BTC on Vircurex, I made 0.09 BTC In one day! Damn, is this luck? I'm mining with i5 performance hardware.
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange
I find a problem with hp4 which I didn't find hp2 to have. On my xeon machine when sievesize is 5M the client crashes soon after started.
TOok me some time to find out because it also happened after i clicked on the client before quitting the previous run.

about github disabling .. meguesses someone attacked the account so that other people cannot access it.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
We canz makez primezperrrrrzec on GitHub'z ?  Cheesy

Well I guess something must of used up all the bandwidth or triggered an overflow *Shrugs*  Huh
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
mikaelh2's github repo has been disabled.

A little too popular?

Yes. It seems that calculating the ever changing distance between rock and stardom is not approved of by GitHub staff...

"This repository has been disabled.

Access to this repository has been disabled by GitHub staff due to excessive use of resources. Contact support to restore access to this repository. Read here to learn more about decreasing the size of your repository."

Lets all send them an email to get it reactivated... in binary - lol  Grin

Wow.. I think that's a first here..  Cheesy

I guess that's what happens when you command an entire bot-net to download from github...

Or DDOS it to trigger a ban, I suppose.
Activity: 280

A little too popular?

Yes. It seems that calculating the ever changing distance between rock and stardom is not approved of by GitHub staff...

Access to this repository has been disabled by GitHub staff due to excessive use of resources. Contact support to restore access to this repository. Read here to learn more about decreasing the size of your repository."

I guess that's what happens when you command an entire bot-net to download from github...
Funny, but botnets aren't typically on UNIX systems

A little too popular?

Activity: 266

A little too popular?

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Did anyone make a branch or clone??
Yes, just look on the previous page.

I'm not sure why I even bother...

This is the main issue imo that Primecoin is going through. There is no order to any release of anything. We need somehow to better organize source code/software releases so they are accessible to everyone--and so good citizens like yourself don't have to keep saying the same thing 50 times in a row.  Not to mention people not being able to figure out how to compile etc. There are some good posts on Reddit for anyone wondering how to compile a source code on linux.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

A little too popular?

This repository has been disabled.

Access to this repository has been disabled by GitHub staff due to excessive use of resources. Contact support to restore access to this repository. Read here to learn more about decreasing the size of your repository.

How is that possible?  It doesn't actually RUN on github...  Did anyone make a branch or clone??
Activity: 246
My spoon is too big!

A little too popular?
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I haven't mined any blocks since moving on to hp2 or hp4, but the pps has increased well over 2-3 times what it was with the stock client.
Activity: 392
Hp4 give the most PPS, but i think hp2 give better result.
Activity: 65
Yet another failure of github's hipsters and/or people who somehow like to use this shit.

I mirrored my copy there: https://bitbucket.org/pankkake/mikaelh2-primecoin

Not that bitbucket is less of a hipster shit.

Thank you. I'm assuming this is hp4?
Activity: 122
So github just disabled the repository. What do?

wow, we DDOS'd github from building so much
Activity: 65
So github just disabled the repository. What do?
Activity: 122
Ok so which Mikael build is working best ? hp2, hp3, or hp4? Also which sievesize is best?

hp4 is the best as far as pps. On the 18 machines I have access to right now they all saw pps boosts of about 10-20% over hp2/3. They are windows and ubuntu core 2 due, core 2 quad, core i7.

Optimal sieve size is cpu dependent, you would have to do tests on testnet to find it for yours.
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
I just did test with mine haswell i5 and looks like i need bigger sievesize 2M to 4M, is that change because of diff rise?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
So far, my core 2 duo processor is getting 3-400 PPS compared to 50ish it was getting originally. Of course I still haven't found a block yet... I'm sure global PPS is way up there now. I'll leave it running for 24 hours to see if it's worth it.

Short answer: Use a pool: http://ypool.net/news.php

BS

Are you worried people will get a leg up on your 100 servers?

I am extremely skeptical that this is an actual pool. Writing a pool for XPM looks quite hard and I doubt these guys did it in 7 days. More likely they are just pooling the coins that are solo mined by their users and keeping them.

Agreed, the primecoin pool protocol hasn't even been finalized yet. Until the protocol on how to split up primecoin work for pools is finalized and implemented, it don't see how it is feasible to run a "fair" pool.
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
Ok so which Mikael build is working best ? hp2, hp3, or hp4? Also which sievesize is best?
Jump to: