Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 82. (Read 397616 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Anyone else seeing drop in PPS?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Anyone running many machines experienced a major slowdown in the block rate since about 14 hours ago? I was getting around 40 blocks a day, not it looks like I'm getting 20.
I'm currently averaging 14 blocks/hour after diff 9. Was at around 16 - 18/hour yesterday afternoon.
legendary
Activity: 1456
How much does it cost to run such a vps cluster?

Varries not all are equal.  By now most are not efficient.
Activity: 812
How much does it cost to run such a vps cluster?
Activity: 363
Silly question but:

What does sievepercentage refer to? If I'm going to attempt to tune it, it helps to know what exactly it's doing. Smiley

It limits how many base primes are used to filter out candidate multipliers in the sieve. 8% seems optimal for testnet but I have no idea about mainnet.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Silly question but:

What does sievepercentage refer to? If I'm going to attempt to tune it, it helps to know what exactly it's doing. Smiley
Activity: 112
Independent Analyst
posted in the wrong thread, moving here:
@mikaelh, it seems to be crashing a lot with HP6:
Code:
primecoind: checkqueue.h:171: CCheckQueueControl::CCheckQueueControl(CCheckQueue*) [with T = CScriptCheck]: Assertion `pqueue->nTotal == pqueue->nIdle' failed.

I get a crash on 70% of machines in 5 minutes gap (16cores).

Though I did not use your Linux compliation, (used my own, since it worked better for me).

Do I need to install it your way for HP6 to work? Or perhaps Reboot? (after rebooting, seems to stopped crashing, no more error above so far)

I do notice ~15% increase in PPS from 8.3k to 9.5k pps, and chain/hr seems to average 20, just found a block,
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030
Yes, completely different.

Does Primecoin difficulty scale approximately linearly with computing power? If the processing power doubles, does the difficulty double (eventually) too?
legendary
and what the heck is Quarkcoin? ... doesn't exist on paper, or the internet (lolz)

Too new for Google!
Activity: 363
hp6 is better just because I keep saying "chain spermin" repeatedly and laughing.
Activity: 294
difficulty 9 already, that's the reason

What's the reason it is only 9?
I'm trying to get my head around the idea that Quarkcoin launched a few hours ago and is already 57 difficultly.*

Is that an apples to oranges comparison? Surely Quarkcoin can't have 6 times the network strength of Primecoin.

As Primecoin difficulty rises, the supply of coins really gets choked off - at difficultly of 32 . . . that's 999/(32*32)= .975 coins per block.

*Oh, it's gone up to 63 since I wrote those two sentences.

and what the heck is Quarkcoin? ... doesn't exist on paper, or the internet (lolz)
Activity: 378
Merit: 255

I'm trying to get my head around the idea that Quarkcoin launched a few hours ago and is already 57 difficultly.*

Is that an apples to oranges comparison? Surely Quarkcoin can't have 6 times the network strength of Primecoin.

As Primecoin difficulty rises, the supply of coins really gets choked off - at difficultly of 32 . . . that's 999/(32*32)= .975 coins per block.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
40 blocks a day, holy pps, no wonder why I got not shit for the last a few days.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Anyone running many machines experienced a major slowdown in the block rate since about 14 hours ago? I was getting around 40 blocks a day, not it looks like I'm getting 20.

40blocks? How much PPS you got?
Activity: 122
Activity: 394
Have not crashed yet on the 64 bit windows version HP6. Crossing my fingers!
Activity: 200
AMD Phenom II X6 3.4 Ghz
The rate has dropped for 2000 pps
The reason? difficulty?
Activity: 201
Thanks Mikaelh!  Love having the additional stuff in getmininginfo.  Can confirm my pps went up on an 8 core though still below were it was at before difficulty hit 9.

edit - pps improves more for me with sievesize=2000000 and sievepercentage=8
Activity: 112
Independent Analyst
-hp6 released!

Lots of changes in this release. Here's a list of notable changes:
 * Added fast divisibility tests before doing the expensive Fermat's test
 * Lots of other small optimizations
 * Introduced a new experimental tuning parameter "sievepercentage". Default value is 10, minimum is 1, maximum is 100.
 * Added new RPC command "getchainspermin"
 * Added the following information to "getmininginfo": chainspermin, difficulty, sievepercentage, and sievesize
 * Attempt to fix the random crash while mining

My PPS on mainnet went up 23% with this release with difficulty >= 9 on mainnet. This release attempts to fix the random crash while mining. I'm not sure if it's actually fixed because I have heard both positive and negative reports. The crash is more likely with high number of cores. 16 and 32 core machines are suffering the most.

The "sievepercentage" parameter is there for people to experiment with. It limits how many base primes are used to filter out candidate multipliers in the sieve. 8% seems optimal for testnet but I have no idea about mainnet.

True, can confirm crash only happens on my 16 core machines. The 8 core, 4 core, 2 core and 1 core never crashed.
let's test hp6 on my farm Wink
Pages:
Jump to: