Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 84. (Read 397616 times)

PSL
Activity: 166
Merit: 10
Hm, I went for a reinstall for my server and it seems like there is some old data populating back.

I have used rm -f primecoin-hp/src  and rm --recursive primecoin-hp/src

However, when I reinstall and use these commands,

/primecoin-hp/src# primecoind stop
error: incorrect rpcuser or rpcpassword (authorization failed)

Any ideas how to fix the rpcuser problem?
I checked sudo nano ~/.primecoin/primecoin.conf  and it looks all fine.

Try this sequence:
Code:
mkdir ~/.primecoin
cat <<+++ > ~/.primecoin/primecoin.conf
rpcuser=USER
rpcpassword=PASSWORD
gen=1
+++
chmod 600 ~/.primecoin/primecoin.conf

git clone https://bitbucket.org/mikaelh/primecoin-hp.git

cd primecoin-hp/src
git pull
make -f makefile.unix clean
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
strip primecoind
sudo cp -f primecoind /usr/local/bin/.

primecoind --daemon --server
watch 'primecoind listtransactions && primecoind getmininginfo'
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Ok i've been playing around with testnet and sievesize, the results are here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xpm-finding-the-best-sievesize-for-mining-259641
Activity: 448
you guys are a funny bunch.  I have already noted I can access primecoin.conf
That was the whole point, because I have made the edit, and it still comes up.

The information is all available on ubu's sites, so no I don't need the professors teaching me linux.

all I am asking is for ideas to overcome it
Seems like you may have changed rpcuser/password while daemon was still running, you could try killing it with "killall primecoind" and give it a second to close before running it again

Thanks. I have tried that, but it still has the same problem. Says the info is incorrect.

I think I was using chemists build before this one. Problem is still open as I am working to find a solution. I don't think daemon is dieing, I am trying to kill the S.O.B!

Did you write a script to auto start it? If so, why not remove it and just reboot the instance?
Activity: 294

The information is all available on ubu's sites, so no I don't need the professors teaching me linux.

Seems like you may have changed rpcuser/password while daemon was still running, you could try killing it with "killall primecoind" and give it a second to close before running it again

Thanks. I have tried that, but it still has the same problem. Says the info is incorrect.

I think I was using chemists build before this one. Problem is still open as I am working to find a solution. I don't think daemon is dieing, I am trying to kill the S.O.B!

See, that's what someone who know's how to use linux would tell you to do.
Activity: 280

But did you edit primecoin.conf while primecoind was running? Could also just hard reboot, but I have no idea which build you'd end up running or how linux delineates that kind of stuff.

e: dude, I am making fun of myself. I had never used linux prior to firing up these DO droplets, but now I think I actually know the solution to your problem because I encountered it myself. Old primcoind wants old primecoin.conf.

Activity: 280
Hm, I went for a reinstall for my server and it seems like there is some old data populating back.

primecoind --daemon      
Error: Cannot obtain a lock on data directory /root/.primecoin. Primecoin is probably already running.

I used these commands
https://bitbucket.org/mikaelh/primecoin-hp
mkdir ~/.primecoin
echo "rpcuser=USER
rpcpassword=PASSWORD
gen=1" > ~/.primecoin/primecoin.conf
sudo mv -f primecoind /usr/local/bin/.
primecoind --daemon
watch 'primecoind listtransactions & primecoind getmininginfo'

Edit your primecoin.conf file back to what it was when you started the daemon. That worked for me when I ran into this.

Look guys! You're teaching me linux! Aren't you proud?

It's like watching a baby take its first steps, so much pride in the future

primecoind --daemon      
Error: Cannot obtain a lock on data directory /root/.primecoin. Primecoin is probably already running.

I used these commands
mkdir ~/.primecoin
echo "rpcuser=USER
rpcpassword=PASSWORD
primecoind --daemon

Edit your primecoin.conf file back to what it was when you started the daemon, then terminate it. Probably old primecoind running. That worked for me when I ran into this.

Look guys! You're teaching me linux! Aren't you proud?

primecoind --daemon      

I used these commands
mkdir ~/.primecoin
echo "rpcuser=USER
rpcpassword=PASSWORD
primecoind --daemon

I checked sudo nano ~/.primecoin/primecoin.conf  and it looks all fine.
On testnet, I found that a sievesize=6144000 outperformed every other sievesize I tried (incl. 6000000 & 6246400) by 30% using an i7.  

However, when i try to use this sievesize mining live, h5 crashes as soon as mining starts (every time).  It's unfortunate because it showed such promise on testnet.  

Blocks were coming in 4-5 chunks at a time steadily, even hit 6 blocks in 1 minute (no other setting hit above 4 blocks/min).

same here, 6144000 crashed h5 as soon as it attemps to mine on a i7 3770k with 16gb of ram.

Did you get better results on testnet with 4M than 1M ?

+1

Works on hp4, but no clue as far as efficiency. I have my miners running all over the place for sievesize, figuring I will play the board until consensus is reached. I'd have to figure out how to get the logs, and then figure out what they were running when they found the blocks. Sounds like a lot of work. Testnet once VPS mining is a total waste of time. I guess I am maintaining my lucky streak, because the VPS thing is still disgustingly profitable, at least at current prices. I think I am going to sit on these and either ride them to the ground or get me a bitchin' jon boat with a surface drive motor. We shall see what the future holds.
Activity: 292
On testnet, I found that a sievesize=6144000 outperformed every other sievesize I tried (incl. 6000000 & 6246400) by 30% using an i7.  

However, when i try to use this sievesize mining live, h5 crashes as soon as mining starts (every time).  It's unfortunate because it showed such promise on testnet.  

Blocks were coming in 4-5 chunks at a time steadily, even hit 6 blocks in 1 minute (no other setting hit above 4 blocks/min).

same here, 6144000 crashed h5 as soon as it attemps to mine on a i7 3770k with 16gb of ram.

How do you activate testnet ? I can't check it on the debug window.

Inside .conf file add line "testnet=1"
Activity: 100
Merit: 10

+1
Activity: 476

How do you activate testnet ? I can't check it on the debug window.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
Help needed AMD (Piledriver) FX-8350 4.00GHz

Only getting 4500 primes any idea whats going on?

Is there any demand for a Bulldozer optimized binary?  Been getting over 6k pps @1m sieve on a 8150 but not sure if that's good or not.

I could post a bin to try/test if anyone wants.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Help needed AMD (Piledriver) FX-8350 4.00GHz

Only getting 4500 primes any idea whats going on?

I don't see much support on this thread for our situation owning these AMD 8-core chips, I have seen others with similar queries. I have an older bulldozer FX-8120 ran it up to 4.2Ghz similar pps and did not see a block for several days. I still think at this rate it is still a bingo game.
did you guys recompile gmplib from most recent sources?
Activity: 292
how do you even change sievesize from the debugconsole, i dont use a conf file, mainly because i dont know how to make them

Read the FAQ in the original post on page 1.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
How can I tell how my new sievesize settings are affecting my windows client?  The pps looks about the same, and I'm not sure what else to look for.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Been running for 72 hrs with 4000-4500 pps and haven't found a block yet. I think there is something wrong with my settings rather than just bad luck. Most people I see are hitting multiple times over a few days with similar pps.

Sounds about right. Unfortunately this chain, unintentionally, caters to botnets.
Pages:
Jump to: