Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 88. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 301
Merit: 250
I've installed all the needed extras to run primecoind via apt-get install, then I just uploaded the primecoind program to /usr/local/bin and it worked like a charm. Is there any harm to this? It cuts the time of having to compile it each and every time.

The libgmp installed by apt-get may be sup-optimal for your CPU. That's the biggest concern. But it's also easily solved by grabbing libgmp.so.10 from /usr/local/bin and placing it there on every instance you have.

Thanks for your help mikaelh. I did the apt-get install libgmp.How do you grab the libgmp.so.10 from /usr/local/bin?

Side note: how do you send all your coins to one address? Is it the sendmany command? Thanks!

I meant from /usr/local/lib. Assuming that you have followed my guide on how to compile your own libgmp. Note that you also need to use my instructions for compiling primecoind after that to make sure that the binary is using libraries from /usr/local/lib.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
I've installed all the needed extras to run primecoind via apt-get install, then I just uploaded the primecoind program to /usr/local/bin and it worked like a charm. Is there any harm to this? It cuts the time of having to compile it each and every time.

The libgmp installed by apt-get may be sup-optimal for your CPU. That's the biggest concern. But it's also easily solved by grabbing libgmp.so.10 from /usr/local/bin and placing it there on every instance you have.

Thanks for your help mikaelh. I did the apt-get install libgmp.How do you grab the libgmp.so.10 from /usr/local/bin?

Side note: how do you send all your coins to one address? Is it the sendmany command? Thanks!

sendtoaddress address balance

sendmany is to send to multiple addresses in a single transaction
Activity: 301

The libgmp installed by apt-get may be sup-optimal for your CPU. My guide shows how to compile your own libgmp. Then you can grab libgmp.so.10 from /usr/local/bin and copy it to every instance.
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
try this
sudo pkill primecoind

I tried that too..

primecoind stop
error: no response from server

Then when I go back to launch or watch it... i get this

EDIT: now black screen...
Using HP5

Are you sure it's running in server mode?  Put 'server=1' in your conf file, or start it with the '-server' switch.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
try this
sudo pkill primecoind

I tried that too..

primecoind stop

Using HP5

Sounds like it never compiled properly...
Activity: 294
try this
sudo pkill primecoind

I tried that too..

primecoind stop

Using HP5
Activity: 137
Merit: 100

Thanks.

Does anyone know why I cannot stop primecoind? I tried everything for linux.. any ideas?

primecoind stop

I tried that, it goes to a blank screen. Should I remove gen=1 first? I think it still is running.
try this
sudo pkill primecoind
Activity: 238
How can the sieve size be altered? I can't find any list of commands fro Primcoin-qt

Also, my currentblocktx seems to always be zero and rarely 1 - same with pooledtx. What does that mean?

primecoind --daemon -seivesize=2000000

Or whatever you need for seivesize.  Does not have to be 2000000

I can't get the command to work in Primecoin-qt. I've tried the above and seivesize=2000000

You are spelling 'sievesize' wrong.

If I'm getting 500pps and it takes 30secs for the network to solve a block, then what's the point of my have a sievesize of 2 million?  Shouldn't it be more like ~20,000?
Activity: 476
Can we all try to reach a consensus as to what is the best sievesize regarding block finds ?

Am right now testing 4M for 24h but i fear i'm loosing my time (and ~12xpm) !
Activity: 137

Thanks.

Does anyone know why I cannot stop primecoind? I tried everything for linux.. any ideas?

primecoind stop

Thanks.

Activity: 406
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
How can the sieve size be altered? I can't find any list of commands fro Primcoin-qt

Also, my currentblocktx seems to always be zero and rarely 1 - same with pooledtx. What does that mean?

I can't get the command to work in Primecoin-qt. I've tried the above and seivesize=2000000

You are spelling 'sievesize' wrong.
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
www.cryptobetfair.com
look in the op 

Q: How do I change the sieve size?
A: You can either use the config file or command line parameters. Either type "sievesize=1000000" in the config file or add "-sievesize=1000000" to the command line (without the quotes). Replace 1000000 with your desired sieve size. The command line switch should be added to the command that starts the Qt wallet or the Primecoin daemon.

worked fine for me.
You're welcome. Tongue Feel free to donate. XD

HP4 or HP5?
Activity: 201

Primecoin Mining PC: Dual Xeon L5420 2.5GHz, 16GB RAM Seivesize 4M 4500 PPS

My pps also 4000, i'm set seivesize 4M and got 1 block after 1hour

Ok thanks !

testing the sievesize @ 4M, that dropped my pps from 6800 to  4880 on my i7 3770k. Now it remains to be seen if pps is that important regarding block finds...

I hope you guys are not joking about this because last i remember some guy did some test on multiple cpu running and had found (this is somewhere earlier on this thread) :

1M sievesize = 1 block / hour
2M    " = 0.8 block / hour
3M    " = 0.6 block / hour
4M    " = no blocks / hour
Activity: 378

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
https://i.imgur.com/ih8Gano.png

Mined four blocks in the past 24-ish hours.

Holy. Shit.

(Win 2008, HP4, specs down in siggy)

Thanks for your guide.. got 1 block now..  Grin

Which guide ??

Primecoin Mining PC: Dual Xeon L5420 2.5GHz, 16GB RAM Seivesize 4M 4500 PPS

My pps also 4000, i'm set seivesize 4M and got 1 block after 1hour

Mined four blocks in the past 24-ish hours.

Holy. Shit.

(Win 2008, HP4, specs down in siggy)

Thanks for your guide.. got 1 block now..  Grin

Which guide ??
Pages:
Jump to: