Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 87. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
HP 5 works great, it took my athlon 1055t from 5100pps (hp4) to 5500pps (6cores ftw).

That said, I haven't found anything in 3 days  Cry.  Does changing the -sieve size help?  If so how do I change it using the windows client?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
How do you "install" the binaries in ubuntu server then?
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
Question:

I set up the seive size via a config file and I have noticed that it starts mining automatically, so do I still need to put the setgenerate command in via the wallet?  I mean how does it know how many cores I want to run?  There doesn't seem to be any such command in the config file that I created.

There is currently no option to set the number of mining threads in the config file. I might add an option for that in the future.

Right now your only option is to use the "setgenerate" RPC/debug console command.

Thanks, but it does cause the wallet to mine correct?    Because I see it pulling the pps automatically on startup.  Does it default to automatically use all cores?

Yes, it should automatically detect how many cores you have.
Activity: 784
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
Question:

I set up the seive size via a config file and I have noticed that it starts mining automatically, so do I still need to put the setgenerate command in via the wallet?  I mean how does it know how many cores I want to run?  There doesn't seem to be any such command in the config file that I created.

There is currently no option to set the number of mining threads in the config file. I might add an option for that in the future.

Right now your only option is to use the "setgenerate" RPC/debug console command.

Thanks, but it does cause the wallet to mine correct?    Because I see it pulling the pps automatically on startup.  Does it default to automatically use all cores?
Question:

what is the compile for libgmp?

My Linux binaries are compiled against the latest GMP version 5.1.2. I configured GMP with --enable-fat to enable optimization support for multiple CPUs.
I have released Linux binaries for -hp5.

Please note that my binaries were linked against Berkeley DB 4.8.30. Sunny King's original binaries are linked against version 4.8.24 which should be compatible. If you have compiled from source before, your database format may be incompatible with my binaries. Always make sure to backup your database files and your wallet first.

Thanks Mikael!
I've only compiled from source, so if I continue to do so then I don't have to worry about the Berkeley DB version?

Correct as long as you don't change the Berkeley DB version you have.
Activity: 784
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
Question:

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
what is the compile for libgmp?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Please note that my binaries were linked against Berkeley DB 4.8.30. Sunny King's original binaries are linked against version 4.8.24 which should be compatible. If you have compiled from source before, your database format may be incompatible with my binaries. Always make sure to backup your database files and your wallet first.

Thanks Mikael!
I've only compiled from source, so if I continue to do so then I don't have to worry about the Berkeley DB version?

PSL
Activity: 166
Merit: 10
My ATOM CPU D525 running at 1.8GHz found a block; primespersec is about 450. This is lottery and my CPU had a lucky day... ;-)
Activity: 363
anyone (other than me) tried sievesize=1000003 for the lulz?

will update later
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
So..uh..my pps on all my systems just got hammered by like 20%...difficulty still at 8.99...anyone else notice this?

edit: Never mind - only lasted 5-10 minutes then went back to normal. Odd.
Activity: 378
Merit: 255
Code:
sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib/libgmp*

Try that and print the output of:

Code:
ldd ./primecoind | grep gmp

What I got:  libgmp.so.10 => /usr/local/lib/libgmp.so.10 (0x00007f5e53b24000)

Changed ./primecoind to /usr/local/bin

How do I know the custom gmp for my CPU is working as it should be if I've already installed primecoind? Thanks.  Smiley

Now its pointing to the more recent libgmp. Let us know your results!
Activity: 294
try this
sudo pkill primecoind

I tried that too..

primecoind stop
error: no response from server

Then when I go back to launch or watch it... i get this

EDIT: now black screen...
Using HP5

Are you sure it's running in server mode?  Put 'server=1' in your conf file, or start it with the '-server' switch.

Thanks I will try that. Do I need to use local host up in config?
Activity: 378
Merit: 255
Code:
sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib/libgmp*

Try that and print the output of:

Code:
Activity: 246
My spoon is too big!

So just compile my own libgmp and that's it?

EDIT: I Guess recompile primecoind then as well.

No need for that (that's the magic of dynamic linking). Just make sure that your primecoind uses the correct version:

Code:
ldd /usr/loca/bin/primecoind | grep 

This shows you if primecoind is dynamically loading the correct lib.

I think you mean
Code:
ldd /usr/local/bin/primecoind | grep gmp

... assuming they copied primecoind to /usr/local/bin (which some may not have) in which case, if they're in the directory containing the primecoind binary:

Code:
Activity: 518
Merit: 502

So just compile my own libgmp and that's it?

EDIT: I Guess recompile primecoind then as well.

No need for that (that's the magic of dynamic linking). Just make sure that your primecoind uses the correct version:

Code:
ldd /usr/loca/bin/primecoind | grep 

This shows you if primecoind is dynamically loading the correct lib.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
Yihaaaaaa!!! Another block in only 5h using hp5 build in a i5-2500 @3.3GHz running at about 3500 pps!!! (I know that it's only luck but I don't mind... I'm happy!!!  Grin )
Pages:
Jump to: