Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 95. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
has anyone done any conclusive testing with the sievesize?  I did, and found that 2000000 was marginally better than 1000000 on the testnet, but that was using the 5-chain estimates from debug.log.  I haven't done anything on the live network and haven't heard that anyone else has either.  I think the diff is too high to do any conclusive testing now as the time between finding blocks is too high and variable.

Time for mikaelh to do some magic and put out an hp5 I think Wink

-PTT
or do the same magic with bfgminer and sort out primecoins API to work on mainnet
Activity: 820
Merit: 1000
has anyone done any conclusive testing with the sievesize?  I did, and found that 2000000 was marginally better than 1000000 on the testnet, but that was using the 5-chain estimates from debug.log.  I haven't done anything on the live network and haven't heard that anyone else has either.  I think the diff is too high to do any conclusive testing now as the time between finding blocks is too high and variable.

Time for mikaelh to do some magic and put out an hp5 I think Wink

-PTT
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
i noticed in the sunny king repo he as implemented a "dynamic sieve"....is this in the hp4, is it better than hp4
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
WOW, already getting flooded with PMs.

Take off your tinfoil hats people. I'm NOT GPU mining. I'm simply running a lot of high power private servers.
then maybe stop broadcasting it just to brag
I don't mind answering questions/getting flames/etc, but apparently everyone thinks I'm beating out people because of a GPU miner.
Would have been beneficial to you and the board if you were just more explicit.  So you have 1 vpn? 2? and on each of these what type of servers? how many? how many cores in each?  

Edit:  Also you imply VPS's are no longer profitable, when it appears you could simply duplicate what you're doing w/ vps so I'm not clear how its not equally profitable, unless you're using someone else's server in a datacenter whose resources are paid by someone else.
Amazon/DO is no longer profitable. Private companies/datacenters is something different. I am paying for the services.

May I ask how to use a lot computers calculation at one wallet? Any mining client can be use? I don't understand how can you have 600K PPS in one wallet? Please share some idea to us. Thanks.

By putting the same wallet.dat on each of the clients.  Then you can just watch the transaction history from one client.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
Q: Why is my performance worse on Linux?
A: This version relies on libgmp to do most of the complex calculations. Make sure your libgmp is up-to-date. Old versions do not support newer CPUs. I suggest compiling your own libgmp from latest source code for maximum performance.

What should I do?
Activity: 392
With adjusted diff.
LTC :  28K coin/day
XPM : 18k coin/day
legendary
I finally turned my intels off ... but I'm leaving one either lucky / great cpu running for kicks.

The one AMD Phenom II 1100T has netted me $300 alone, my sandy bridge i7s got me a whopping 15$ each, and a i5-3570k brought in a measly $25, not to mention this laptop, which somehow grabbed a block with its A8 ... net power usage can't have been $10 overall, since it's only been days, and the AMD is on anyhow running my LTC rig, so its hardly added to power, yet brought in loads of XPM

Yay 1$/XPM.  I made a killing this week compared to LTC.  I wonder where the bubble will pop.

there going be less primes that LTC *I think* it should at least go to LTC level.....if not higher....
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
WOW, already getting flooded with PMs.

Take off your tinfoil hats people. I'm NOT GPU mining. I'm simply running a lot of high power private servers.
then maybe stop broadcasting it just to brag
I don't mind answering questions/getting flames/etc, but apparently everyone thinks I'm beating out people because of a GPU miner.
Would have been beneficial to you and the board if you were just more explicit.  So you have 1 vpn? 2? and on each of these what type of servers? how many? how many cores in each?  

Edit:  Also you imply VPS's are no longer profitable, when it appears you could simply duplicate what you're doing w/ vps so I'm not clear how its not equally profitable, unless you're using someone else's server in a datacenter whose resources are paid by someone else.
Amazon/DO is no longer profitable. Private companies/datacenters is something different. I am paying for the services.

May I ask how to use a lot computers calculation at one wallet? Any mining client can be use? I don't understand how can you have 600K PPS in one wallet? Please share some idea to us. Thanks.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
That guy, you know, with the face
I finally turned my intels off ... but I'm leaving one either lucky / great cpu running for kicks.

The one AMD Phenom II 1100T has netted me $300 alone, my sandy bridge i7s got me a whopping 15$ each, and a i5-3570k brought in a measly $25, not to mention this laptop, which somehow grabbed a block with its A8 ... net power usage can't have been $10 overall, since it's only been days, and the AMD is on anyhow running my LTC rig, so its hardly added to power, yet brought in loads of XPM

Yay 1$/XPM.  I made a killing this week compared to LTC.  I wonder where the bubble will pop.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
I was wondering what PPS should I get from a 12 core Xeon, using HP4?

Activity: 448
The mining itself seems very likely to turn into a speculative bubble. lets speculate as to whether leaving our machines on another minute, another hour, another day etc etc will end up profitable once we really do happen upon another block...

The exchange rate increasing will feed that...

Intermittent reinforcement is so insidious...

-MarkM-

I don't care how much the network hits me, as long as it gives me a treat every once in a while. I will still love it. People keep telling me to leave the network, but they don't understand how stressed the network gets with proof of work, and then there are all the little instances screaming at him and clamoring for validation. How would they take it if I left the network? How would I take care of them without the network? Really, it's my fault for burning the roast anyways. I don't even deserve the measly blocks it does give me, but it's a good, kind network that cares about me.
Activity: 399
Compiling for linux? e.g on Ubuntu 13.04 64bit it should work like this

1. update your apt sources

Code:
sudo apt-get update

2. install necessary packages

Code:
sudo apt-get install bzip2 git git-core subversion checkinstall build-essential libssl-dev libboost-all-dev libdb5.1-dev libdb5.1++-dev libgtk2.0-dev

3. get source files from sourceforge

Code:
wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/primecoin-hp/0.1.1-hp4/primecoin-0.1.1-hp4.tar.bz2

4. check downloades files for sha1sum: deb2673c5c8036ede4a2d1e944ce8b0e59e26c56

Code:
sha1sum 0.1.1-hp4/primecoin-0.1.1-hp4.tar.bz2

5. unzip

Code:
tar jxvf 0.1.1-hp4/primecoin-0.1.1-hp4.tar.bz2

6. enter source directory

Code:
cd primecoin-0.1.1-hp4/src

7. make

Code:
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-

8. after the make process you'll find the binary primecoind within the src folder. just start it with:

Code:
./primecoind --daemon

9. if you want the qt client change directory

Code:
cd ..

10. qmake

Code:
qmake bitcoin-qt.pro

11. make

Code:
make

after the make process you'll find primecoin-qt in the directory, launch with

Code:
./primecoin-qt

12. start mining with the command line client:

Code:
./primecoind setgenerate true

13. watch what primecoind is doing

Code:
watch -d -n 5 './primecoind getmininginfo && ./primecoind getdifficulty && ./primecoind listtransactions "*" 1 0'

Ah, somewhere in between you have to make a primecoin.conf file in ./primecoin. Do so...
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
The mining itself seems very likely to turn into a speculative bubble. Lets speculate as to whether leaving our machines on another minute, another hour, another day etc etc will end up profitable once we really do happen upon another block...

The exchange rate increasing will feed that...

Intermittent reinforcement is so insidious...

-MarkM-
if this carries on the price of XPM is really going up.....

Oh no, if that happens ordinary PCs will be able to go how many days/weeks without finding a block and still turn a profit?!?!

-MarkM-

Right? I hopped in on day two or three and pulled down five on my ultrabook that pulls 45w max. I am pretty sure I am in the black for a long while, and that's not sustainable. Coin has merit, but this is a speculative bubble.
yeah I do understand logs really well....

the fact is you just snagged one with what 6K pps?

Ok, then...without factoring in miner optimization, you should be pulling down 1/900th of what you were. Factoring in those optimizations, you're still looking at 1/90th of what you were. Math. I am really bad at it, but it's pretty obvious in this case.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

Oh no, if that happens ordinary PCs will be able to go how many days/weeks without finding a block and still turn a profit?!?!

This is terrible! Everyone should be warned that everyone else is going to end up mining onward forever even while making massive losses, so there is no point joining them and being just another maker of massive losses!

-MarkM-

With about fifteen minutes of running it. Not sure when it was actually found. The point is that blocks are not being snatched up by some evil hobgoblin atop a pile of prime numbers.
legendary

legendary

Don't say that, now maybe they won't give up and leave all the blocks to us! Tongue

-MarkM-

I mean...yeah...this build is broken. I ran it on my PC and got herpes.
Pages:
Jump to: