Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 98. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 250
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
Very odd....

When I got up today both my Primecoin wallets were not connected, it appears the internet connection went down.  So I reconnected them. 

When I first observed offline wallet #1 this morning it showed a total of 102.?? xpm which was strange because the accepted coins seemed no different than when I went to bed but at that time the total was 85.?? + immature 12.??  which when matured would give me 98.??    And my last coin batch had been received on the 17 July.

I turned off the wallet and reconnected the internet.  When I restarted the wallet it reverted to displaying what I recall it had shown the night before, with 85.60 xpm + immature 12.45, however it now showed a immature coin batch as received on 18th July (not there before), and it still showed a SINGLE coin batch as received on the 17th (but with a different timestamp to before).   All other coins received dates and times seem not to have changed.  In order to make the totals add up it is as if an older mined coin batch has disappeared but that would not add up with the total approx xpm due to diff bounty sizes and I have had no bad coins.

I understand there were some date stamp issues occurring, but still this doesn't make any sense at all...

All thoughts welcomed!

Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Gentoo ebuild of hp4:

https://github.com/teknohog/ebuilds/tree/master/net-p2p/primecoind-hp

BTW, in case you wonder about different ebuilds from different people, mine are not just straight from the source, but based on bitcoind from Portage. They include a patch to use system leveldb, instead of building its own copy each time.

Now how about Ubuntu?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Go to console and type getdifficulty.
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
anyone have a way to measure difficulty? I'm seeing a big drop in my cpu cluster with blocks as well
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Haven't got any primes in a while, but probably getting too hard for a pair of i7 laptops...  difficulty=8.9630686
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
This shouldn't be taken as 100% correct, but I seem to remember it being mentioned that each step up in chain length is a 30 fold increase. so an 8 length chain would be 30x more difficult than a 7 length chain, and a 9 length chain would then be 900x more difficult than a 7 length chain.

So in other words, your average rate of blocks per hour would be the 5-chain rate / 30^(diff - 5). Time to write a script...

Edit: updated the script.

I don't think that's quite it, but it's close.  I don't think this is a case where we can use 30 as the ratio between each chain length; empirically it seems to be off, at the very least--I've estimated it as closer to 12 by looking at the gap between 1- and 5-chains.

Also, that would not be the blocks per hour; it would be the number of 8-chains per hour.  Primecoin has a fractional difficulty that is roughly linear, so if the difficulty is 8.5 then about half of all 8-chains are not valid work shares.  If the difficulty is 8.99 then only 1 in 100 8-chains are valid.  You need to account for that before you arrive at blocks per hour.  Generally it is blocks per hour = 8-chains/h * (1+difficulty-floor(difficulty)), but when you get close to the next integer difficulty things get weird since 9-chains work for difficulty 8.XX and 9-chains are more common than 8.995 chains.
Activity: 399
Hi all!
Is there any guide to build primecoin-qt on ubuntu 13.04 or someone could help me? (I saw a screenshot on ubuntu)

Just cd into the source directory (usually 'primecoin') and compile the qt client:

Code:
qmake bitcoin-qt.pro USE_UPNP=-
make

that's all... the binary then appears in the source folder. Of course it might stop while missing some dependencies, but it will tell you... Wink
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
This shouldn't be taken as 100% correct, but I seem to remember it being mentioned that each step up in chain length is a 30 fold increase. so an 8 length chain would be 30x more difficult than a 7 length chain, and a 9 length chain would then be 900x more difficult than a 7 length chain.

So in other words, your average rate of blocks per hour would be the 5-chain rate / 30^(diff - 5). Time to write a script...

Why did you write this script? what did you change, and what problem did you solve?
Looks to me that its a python script, basicly a frontend for,
currency = {
    "bitcoin": "BTC",
    "chncoin": "CNC",
    "litecoin": "LTC",
    "namecoin": "NMC",
    "ppcoin": "PPC",
    "primecoin": "XPM",
}
Makes bitcoind/primecoind/... usage easier, etc. updated script also tries to estimate block finding time for XPM also.
Activity: 294

Why did you write this script? what did you change, and what problem did you solve?
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
difficulty nearing the 9....  8.95968717 --->  8.96057361 in less then 2 hours
Activity: 363
^ It sounds really simple, but are you logged in as root or using sudo?

You dont neet to be root on system that run primecoind. Its not require any root privilegies
Activity: 392
I'm searching for a git repository of the HP2.
Anyone?
Activity: 472
^ It sounds really simple, but are you logged in as root or using sudo?
Activity: 363

Ghmm, seems i have much higher block rate for my systems
Activity: 520
Merit: 253

Activity: 54
restart... Wink

could anyone do the math about the ratio between 5-chains and 8-chains?

Again this is from memory, if I can find the post again, I'll add a link (though the math a few posts before this one looks reasonable too!)
Activity: 520
Merit: 253
Gentoo ebuild of hp4:

https://github.com/teknohog/ebuilds/tree/master/net-p2p/primecoind-hp

BTW, in case you wonder about different ebuilds from different people, mine are not just straight from the source, but based on bitcoind from Portage. They include a patch to use system leveldb, instead of building its own copy each time.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
I get this error:

g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See for instructions.
make: *** [obj/alert.o] Error 4

How do I fix it?

By using enough RAM, maybe? How much RAM you got and how much swap space?

-MarkM-
Activity: 47
Hi all!
Is there any guide to build primecoin-qt on ubuntu 13.04 or someone could help me? (I saw a screenshot on ubuntu)
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
restart... Wink

could anyone do the math about the ratio between 5-chains and 8-chains?

I found that the ratio between 1-chains and 5-chains was approximately 124, which would suggest that the ratio between N-chains and N+1-chains is about 12:1.  That would suggest that there are about 123 5-chains per 8-chain, or about 1,728:1.

If that ratio holds (there's no guarantee that the ratio of N-chains to N+1-chains is constant) then a miner with 1,728 5-chains/hour should find a block every 10 hours when the difficulty is 8.9, every 20 hours when difficulty is 8.95, or every 100 hours when difficulty is 8.99 (all of these are rough averages).  This math should not be taken as anything other than a crude approximation, but it should give an idea of order of magnitude.  My experience has shown that this approximation is at least within a factor of 10.
Pages:
Jump to: