Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin, new thread :) - page 12. (Read 166554 times)

legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Just as an update, have gotten two total blocks from around 50 hours of mining with 2x7950 with a mild overclock. Smiley

Are you mining with window version or Linux version miner?

Windows version 2 (From September 4th) with mostly the default settings. I ran it through my reaperreader program, which seems to be keeping it stable for me for around 32 hours so far. Before that, I ran it on its own, and seemed fairly stable there too. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Yes would be nice to have a date set for the Public Release.  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Just as an update, have gotten two total blocks from around 50 hours of mining with 2x7950 with a mild overclock. Smiley

Are you mining with window version or Linux version miner?
Activity: 639
Merit: 500
So, is there any news from developer? When new beta will be released?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Although, this time it segfaulted:
Code:
Program built from saved binary.
Building kernel CalculateMultipliers
Building kernel Sieve
Building kernel Combine
Building kernel Fermat
done
RET! Invalid address
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Had the same problem. Search this thread, you have to fix something in libblkmaker so that it accepts your XPM address.

OK, I redownloaded and recompiled it since the update yesterday and it seems to be mining (no blocks yet). But I noticed that the stepdown from each chain size is much harsher then in the CPU version. With the CPU version, it's like a 90% reduction (eg. 100 4ch/h -> 10 5ch/h) but with the GPU, it's like a 97% reduction. Any idea why?

Also, I keep getting 'Sieve size must be a multiple of 64'  warnings during runtime. The sieve size seems to be set to 100,000 by default. Is there a way to change that? I can't seem to find the help info.

Go and edit the primecoin.conf file inside the miner's folder.
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Code:
Building kernel Sieve
Building kernel Combine
Building kernel Fermat
done
RET! Invalid address

Had the same problem. Search this thread, you have to fix something in libblkmaker so that it accepts your XPM address.

OK, I redownloaded and recompiled it since the update yesterday and it seems to be mining (no blocks yet). But I noticed that the stepdown from each chain size is much harsher then in the CPU version. With the CPU version, it's like a 90% reduction (eg. 100 4ch/h -> 10 5ch/h) but with the GPU, it's like a 97% reduction. Any idea why?

Also, I keep getting 'Sieve size must be a multiple of 64'  warnings during runtime. The sieve size seems to be set to 100,000 by default. Is there a way to change that? I can't seem to find the help info.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
Hey MTRLT, I've been trying to get this working on OSX, and I think i'm pretty close, but for some reason i get:
[CL_DEVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE]

Any ideas?

Code:
GeneratePrimeTable() : setting nSievePercentage = 10, nSieveSize = 1000000
Share thread started
GeneratePrimeTable() : prime table [1, 1000000] generated with 78498 primes
Available CPU mining algorithms: hp7
Using default: hp7
Creating 4 CPU threads.
1...2...3...4...done
List of platforms:
0 Apple
Using platform number 0

Using device 0
OpenCL device 0........
Compiling kernel... this could take up to 2 minutes.
[CL_DEVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE] : OpenCL Error : Error: Build Program driver returned (10007)
Break on OpenCLErrorBreak to debug.
OpenCL Warning : clBuildProgram failed: could not build program for 0x1022600 (GeForce GT 650M) (err:-2)
Break on OpenCLWarningBreak to debug.
[CL_BUILD_ERROR] : OpenCL Build Error : Compiler build log:
Error getting function data from server

Break on OpenCLErrorBreak to debug.
Error getting function data from server
2013-09-09 14:14:49 Error: Error building OpenCL program
Hi, I got it to compile, but I modifided the line
Code:
#ifdef CL_VERSION_1_2
to
Code:
#ifndef CL_VERSION_1_2
due to compile errors.

That doesn't make sense. You're basically swapping the if, thereby reverting back to the original version. You use an Nvidia card? On Linux?

Ok, I hardly know a thing about c++, so I assumed it was a spelling error. I am on ubuntu 13.04 with a nvidia gtx 580 and 480.

The error I was getting before was:
Code:
/data/local/reaperprime_v2/AppOpenCL.cpp: In member function ‘void OpenCL::WriteBufferPattern(uint, std::string, size_t, void*, size_t)’:
/data/local/reaperprime_v2/AppOpenCL.cpp:296:1: error: ‘ifdef’ was not declared in this scope
/data/local/reaperprime_v2/AppOpenCL.cpp:296:7: error: expected ‘;’ before numeric constant
/data/local/reaperprime_v2/AppOpenCL.cpp:298:1: error: ‘else’ without a previous ‘if’
/data/local/reaperprime_v2/AppOpenCL.cpp:303:1: error: ‘endif’ was not declared in this scope
/data/local/reaperprime_v2/AppOpenCL.cpp:304:2: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘if’

Activity: 517
Merit: 501
Code:
Building kernel Sieve
Building kernel Combine
Building kernel Fermat
done
RET! Invalid address

Activity: 517
Merit: 501
Code:
#ifdef CL_VERSION_1_2
to
Code:
#ifndef CL_VERSION_1_2
due to compile errors.

That doesn't make sense. You're basically swapping the if, thereby reverting back to the original version. You use an Nvidia card? On Linux?
Now, i'm running in to config issues. It's probably something simple, but I'm getting 'Couldn't connect to server.' errors.
I have primecoind running with server=1, and I have a rpcuser and pass in my ~/.primecoin/primecoin.conf file.
What do I need to do to get running now?

My primecoin.conf (in the reaper dir) is:
Code:
host 127.0.0.1
port 9914
user primecoinrpc
pass

protocol primecoin

worksize 512
aggression 21
threads_per_gpu 1
cpu_mining_threads 4
vectors 2
primecoin_address

use_gpu true
debug 1
device 0

What am I missing here?

You sure that port number's right?  Check it.

Code:
netstat -tpln
on *nix,
Code:
netstat -p tcp -an
on windows.  Look for or grep for the port number you're using (bound to either 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0).

I think so. I see:
Code:
tcp6       0      0 :::9914                 :::*                    LISTEN      22704/primecoind

Code:
Building kernel Sieve
Building kernel Combine
Building kernel Fermat
done
RET! Invalid address
Activity: 1764
Merit: 570
Twitter\X @AlexKosa1
someone mine on windows version of this miner ?
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Now, i'm running in to config issues. It's probably something simple, but I'm getting 'Couldn't connect to server.' errors.
I have primecoind running with server=1, and I have a rpcuser and pass in my ~/.primecoin/primecoin.conf file.

Code:
host 127.0.0.1
port 9914
user primecoinrpc
pass

protocol primecoin

worksize 512
aggression 21
threads_per_gpu 1
cpu_mining_threads 4
vectors 2
primecoin_address

use_gpu true
debug 1
device 0

What am I missing here?

You sure that port number's right?  Check it.

Code:
netstat -tpln
on *nix,
Code:
netstat -p tcp -an
on windows.  Look for or grep for the port number you're using (bound to either 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0).

Code:
host 127.0.0.1
port 9914
user primecoinrpc
pass

protocol primecoin

worksize 512
aggression 21
threads_per_gpu 1
cpu_mining_threads 4
vectors 2
primecoin_address

use_gpu true
debug 1
device 0

What am I missing here?
Here's the patch to make it work with OpenCL 1.1 (and therefore Nvidia cards).

Replace function OpenCL::WriteBufferPattern in file AppOpenCL.cpp with the following code:

Code:
void OpenCL::WriteBufferPattern(uint device_num, string buffername, size_t data_length, void* pattern, size_t pattern_length)
{
_clState& GPUstate = GPUstates[device_num];
if (GPUstate.buffers[buffername] == NULL)
cout << "Buffer " << buffername << " not found on GPU #" << device_num << endl;
#ifdef CL_VERSION_1_2
cl_int status = clEnqueueFillBuffer(GPUstate.commandQueue, GPUstate.buffers[buffername], pattern, pattern_length, 0, data_length, 0, NULL, NULL);
#else
  uint8_t buffer[data_length];
  for(uint16_t i=0; i<(data_length / pattern_length);i++)
    memcpy((&buffer[i*pattern_length]), pattern, pattern_length);
cl_int status = clEnqueueWriteBuffer(GPUstate.commandQueue, GPUstate.buffers[buffername], CL_TRUE, 0, data_length, buffer, 0, NULL, NULL);
#endif
if (globalconfs.coin.config.GetValue("opencldebug"))
cout << "Write buffer pattern " << buffername << ", " << pattern_length << " bytes. Status: " << status << endl;
}

This runs for me, but I am getting
Code:
0 fermats/s, 0 gandalfs/s.
0 TOTAL
most likely because my card it too old and I had to set worksize 64 in primecoin.conf.

If you have a newer Nvidia card (with a "compute capability version" >= 2.0 according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA#Supported_GPUs ), try to set worksize 512 and see what this gives you.

Code:
#ifdef CL_VERSION_1_2
to
Code:
#ifndef CL_VERSION_1_2
due to compile errors.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
whats that for shit ? Why do you dont let download us the miner ? This coin is not fair.
I'm sorry, there seems to be an error in translation, could you please hang up and try your call agan later?

Hahahaha this made my day! Cheesy
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
whats that for shit ? Why do you dont let download us the miner ? This coin is not fair.
I'm sorry, there seems to be an error in translation, could you please hang up and try your call agan later?
Activity: 192
bitcoin-world.de - The european information source
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
The issue isn't with jansson, it's with libblkmaker. It seems you have the normal (i.e. non-primecoin) version. You have to download libblkmaker from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55025350/bitcoin-libblkmaker.zip. It is the libblkmaker prime branch, with a couple of primecoin-specific things added. Those auxdata parameters are important, without them the miner won't work. Smiley

Can you give us a list of changes you made to libblkmaker?  I cannot seem to compile your version on OSX, but i have had no problem compiling the original, even with paulscreens changes to base58.c
Pages:
Jump to: