Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin, new thread :) - page 9. (Read 166553 times)

Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange
I wonder how many months after the public release it will take until the GPU miner is actually mining at least a bit faster than the CPU Miner.

I'm guessing never. This project was a complete failure and a borderline scam.
I don't know about that - just need some good coders who love primecoin to take up the project. Hopefully mtrlt will stay involved and provide leadership.

He said borderline. That means not necesarilly but it sure feels like it. Absolutely 0 of the donators got any kind of ROI whatsoever.

True but now the primecoin community has a working, albeit buggy and inefficient, gpu miner with source code  to serve as a starting point.

That's something at least, but yeah, the donations part was rather disappointing for now, to say the least.

Without the donations the GPU miners wouldn't have come out so soon I guess. The donation has worked more or less as donations should.

As one of the donators, I feel a bit cheated. I had assumed that at this point, the gpu miner would be at least a working beta, not the mess we have on our hands, which really does not work. Perhaps mtrlt will release another update with various fixes he's got, but until then, we've just got an alpha at best - not even a good proof of concept. Perhaps it's due to the naysayers that he released it so early in development - and perhaps that's why he's keeping quiet as well.

Ideally, I'd love to see someone take up the code and develop it into a working miner - even if it's just GPU-accelerated - any bit that will help the cpu miner at doing its job would be appreciated.

Sorry your inventment didn't or hasn't worked out. But as donation it worked out.

As a side note the investors shouldn't have rushed mtrlt to bring out the miner. Among the three factors -- quality, cost, schedule -- you can only control two. People demanded schedule with a limited cost, and they get a low quality product.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I wonder how many months after the public release it will take until the GPU miner is actually mining at least a bit faster than the CPU Miner.

I don't know about that - just need some good coders who love primecoin to take up the project. Hopefully mtrlt will stay involved and provide leadership.

He said borderline. That means not necesarilly but it sure feels like it. Absolutely 0 of the donators got any kind of ROI whatsoever.

True but now the primecoin community has a working, albeit buggy and inefficient, gpu miner with source code  to serve as a starting point.

That's something at least, but yeah, the donations part was rather disappointing for now, to say the least.

Without the donations the GPU miners wouldn't have come out so soon I guess. The donation has worked more or less as donations should.

As one of the donators, I feel a bit cheated. I had assumed that at this point, the gpu miner would be at least a working beta, not the mess we have on our hands, which really does not work. Perhaps mtrlt will release another update with various fixes he's got, but until then, we've just got an alpha at best - not even a good proof of concept. Perhaps it's due to the naysayers that he released it so early in development - and perhaps that's why he's keeping quiet as well.

Ideally, I'd love to see someone take up the code and develop it into a working miner - even if it's just GPU-accelerated - any bit that will help the cpu miner at doing its job would be appreciated.
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange

True but now the primecoin community has a working, albeit buggy and inefficient, gpu miner with source code  to serve as a starting point.

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Activity: 122

tandyUK has the source on their github page https://github.com/tandyuk/ReaperPrime

no changes or anything but its up there if you want it.
It should be posted by mtrlt so this can be done in an organized fashion
Activity: 22
tandyUK has the source on their github page https://github.com/tandyuk/ReaperPrime

no changes or anything but its up there if you want it.
Activity: 53
I'll try to have the source on GitHub this weekend.

Good, that's a start to move this thing along. We need to get this thing going, as right now it seems stagnant.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
I'll try to have the source on GitHub this weekend.
Just for people to be able to find it easily.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE PRIMECOIN GPU MINER WIN32 BINARY + SOURCE CODE http://cryptobro.com/reaperprime.zip

You can thank me later.
Activity: 22
When will the source be released on Gihub so the community can help improve this miner?

Well people already have the source (i do), you can get it from the cryptobro.com link earilier in this thread, I only have 1 7870 and a core2duo and I left 'reaper prime' running for 12 hours and my 7 chains (which was the highest it found) was only 0.079/hr on my core2duos alone it is at least 0.7/hr minimum lol so Id say that the jhPrimeminer performed 10x better on a dual core 2.4 ghz machine than Reaper-Prime on a 2.4 ghz dual core (2 cpu threads) AND a radeon hd 7870 lol

Any how I am going to try to add x-pushthrough support to reaper-prime,  if I can make it work with the pools out there perhaps more people will use it and make the code better/faster than it is right now.
Don't hold your breath.
When will the source be released on Gihub so the community can help improve this miner?
Activity: 639
What's the verdict on this GPU Miner? Is it just a fail too? Has anyone gotten it to at least be a little faster than using the CPU?
Nope. Nobody can say for sure is it works or not. At least it's not a trojan. And that is good.
What's the verdict on this GPU Miner? Is it just a fail too? Has anyone gotten it to at least be a little faster than using the CPU?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Never mind, an old version of libblkmaker was being kept by the package manager, it works now Smiley

I was wondering why I can't use this for the beeeeer.org pool because it uses getwork just like reaper does but if i point it at the ip address of www.beeeeer.org it give me a curl error 52 unable to get work......

Anyone else tried this at all?

That pool no longer supports getwork I think...double check it at ppcointalk.
Pages:
Jump to: