Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM]unofficial jhPrimeminer thread - page 15. (Read 180178 times)

Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange
September 13, 2013, 05:45:17 AM
It might be a bit early to tell for sure, but it looks like the new 3.3 version might be paying out less at ypool.  I normally have 120-130 XPM in my unconfirmed - usually more towards 130, but I have been watching it gradually go down.  As of right now it is 118.  It may not be the best metric to use, but something to keep an eye on.  With the recent share value change, that is another wildcard in the equation.

You could go back to 3.2 to see if the rate goes back up again. But I think the change is mainly due to the new reward system. You probably were over-rewarded by ypool's previous reward system.

Or run with -bttarget 8 as thats effectively what 3.2 was doing.. You may well get more shares but will reduce blocks..

Do you mean v3.2 doesn't find 9-chains? I have found quite  a few 9s with it. Sometimes the miner didn't find 9s I just restart the miner to sort of fix it. Or is it that 3.2 finds unproportionally more 8s?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
September 13, 2013, 03:45:24 AM
It might be a bit early to tell for sure, but it looks like the new 3.3 version might be paying out less at ypool.  I normally have 120-130 XPM in my unconfirmed - usually more towards 130, but I have been watching it gradually go down.  As of right now it is 118.  It may not be the best metric to use, but something to keep an eye on.  With the recent share value change, that is another wildcard in the equation.

You could go back to 3.2 to see if the rate goes back up again. But I think the change is mainly due to the new reward system. You probably were over-rewarded by ypool's previous reward system.

Or run with -bttarget 8 as thats effectively what 3.2 was doing.. You may well get more shares but will reduce blocks..
CAT.EX Exchange
September 13, 2013, 02:43:30 AM

September 13, 2013, 02:26:07 AM

Thanks for feedback.. Because of the bitwin fix I would expect less lower shares with 3.3.. However it should have a better block rate.. It's a little hard to know for sure at the moment as not only have the share values changed as you pointed out, but yPool has been suffering a huge amount of orphaned blocks that has really been hurting payout..

Please do keep me posted.
Activity: 102
September 13, 2013, 12:18:41 AM
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
September 12, 2013, 11:31:55 PM
Is there any way to check the current balance of your account on Beeeer, or do you just wait until you get paid out?
You can see it on the payout pages.
But it's not very convenient.

Thanks. Even on the latest payout, my address is not there though? Where exactly am I supposed to see it?

**EDIT: I get it now. Thanks for your help Smiley
Activity: 327
September 12, 2013, 11:07:57 PM
Is there any way to check the current balance of your account on Beeeer, or do you just wait until you get paid out?
Activity: 616
September 12, 2013, 09:28:28 AM
Stil nothing from beeeer in my wallet. Only 0.1XPM butttt...

Has anyone been able to use the beeeeer miner to mine on ypool? It mines much faster for me.

Where is this at?

beeeeer.org

How (Where) to join with beeeeeer.org?
Go to beeeeer, get the miner, use your XPM address as your username, monitor stats at http://www.beeeeer.org/user/[your XPM address]

Ok.  Thanks
CAT.EX Exchange
September 12, 2013, 08:56:54 AM

Thanks for the update but ypool has just changed reward system again to give more weight to the shorter chains. One of the changes seems to be that the acceptable 6-chains start from 6.0 now.

The new 3.3 miner appears to reject diff<6.5 6-chains, at least that is what the statistics say. Can you confirm it?

Unfrtunate timing.

edit: It seems that the miner is ineeded counting the diff<6.5 6-chains becuase the counter increases when say a 6.2 diff chain is found. I thought it didn't becuase 3.3 is now reporting about 50% less 6-chains/h than 3.2.

Yes yPool have just changed share value again.. The miner is linked to pool difficulty so all 6ch are more valid. Val/hr also calculates based on the server responses for accepted shares so won't need tweaking..

I will point out that a bug in 3.2 meant that it would target bitwins 1 less than target if target was odd.. So 3.2 was filtering on 8ch bitwins not 9ch.. This did return more candidates for testing and naturally resulted in more shares.. But is less optimal for blocks.. 3.3 will return less candidates (lower ACC) which will mean more SPS.. Better for finding blocks. Overtime I expect the income will be the same as 3.3 should have a better 9ch rate..

Hope that helps..

Thanks for the clarification.
September 12, 2013, 06:15:20 AM

Thanks for the update but ypool has just changed reward system again to give more weight to the shorter chains. One of the changes seems to be that the acceptable 6-chains start from 6.0 now.

The new 3.3 miner appears to reject diff<6.5 6-chains, at least that is what the statistics say. Can you confirm it?

Unfrtunate timing.

edit: It seems that the miner is ineeded counting the diff<6.5 6-chains becuase the counter increases when say a 6.2 diff chain is found. I thought it didn't becuase 3.3 is now reporting about 50% less 6-chains/h than 3.2.

Yes yPool have just changed share value again.. The miner is linked to pool difficulty so all 6ch are more valid. Val/hr also calculates based on the server responses for accepted shares so won't need tweaking..

I will point out that a bug in 3.2 meant that it would target bitwins 1 less than target if target was odd.. So 3.2 was filtering on 8ch bitwins not 9ch.. This did return more candidates for testing and naturally resulted in more shares.. But is less optimal for blocks.. 3.3 will return less candidates (lower ACC) which will mean more SPS.. Better for finding blocks. Overtime I expect the income will be the same as 3.3 should have a better 9ch rate..

Hope that helps..
Activity: 102
September 11, 2013, 11:27:35 PM
I am using 3.3 (thank you BTW) and it does accept chains of less than 6.5.  I see a 6.3 on my screen.
Activity: 322
Merit: 113
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
September 11, 2013, 10:58:07 PM

Has anyone been able to use the beeeeer miner to mine on ypool? It mines much faster for me.

Where is this at?

beeeeer.org

Go to beeeeer, get the miner, use your XPM address as your username, monitor stats at http://www.beeeeer.org/user/[your XPM address]
Activity: 616
September 11, 2013, 10:47:04 PM

Where is this at?

beeeeer.org

CAT.EX Exchange
September 11, 2013, 10:38:13 PM
I've posted v3.3 of my miner today.  It can be downloaded from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sq24hzo993afy9c/l7icP0KiuM

This is mainly a bug fix release. Fixes include:
2/100% primorial decrement overflow
Over aggressive thread watchdog
Chain counters now only show chains which could be valid shares. Also changed to Valid/Total instead of Total/Valid as per many requests.
Fixed a memory leak on new block detection.
Removed original primorial multiplier adjuster that kept changing primorial even after a user chose to disable round sieve adjuster.
BiTwin filter was incorrectly checking CC2 length instead of CC1 for odd length BiTwins.
Fixed GetWork mode (currently disabled on yPool though).
Added back a removed setting that actually helped some CPUs with cache / memory performance.

Unfrtunate timing.

Activity: 213
Merit: 100
September 11, 2013, 01:36:17 PM

Where is this at?

beeeeer.org
Activity: 294
September 11, 2013, 01:28:56 PM

Where is this at?
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
September 11, 2013, 01:02:49 PM

September 11, 2013, 09:24:51 AM
I've posted v3.3 of my miner today.  It can be downloaded from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sq24hzo993afy9c/l7icP0KiuM

This is mainly a bug fix release. Fixes include:
2/100% primorial decrement overflow
Over aggressive thread watchdog
Chain counters now only show chains which could be valid shares. Also changed to Valid/Total instead of Total/Valid as per many requests.
Fixed a memory leak on new block detection.
Removed original primorial multiplier adjuster that kept changing primorial even after a user chose to disable round sieve adjuster.
BiTwin filter was incorrectly checking CC2 length instead of CC1 for odd length BiTwins.
Fixed GetWork mode (currently disabled on yPool though).
Added back a removed setting that actually helped some CPUs with cache / memory performance.
Activity: 457
September 11, 2013, 05:06:53 AM
Well, somehow I got lost. What is the actual best poolminer for Windwos? Still Mumus v4?
Activity: 910
Merit: 1002
September 10, 2013, 04:30:13 PM
Pages:
Jump to: