Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM]unofficial jhPrimeminer thread - page 12. (Read 180178 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
October 16, 2013, 10:29:09 AM
If your mining on Beeeeer.org DONT use Groms miner, as there is an extra payout address coded in he takes 20%+ of all shares you submit!
I can confirm this - bewaaaaare.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
October 16, 2013, 07:25:56 AM
If your mining on Beeeeer.org DONT use Groms miner, as there is an extra payout address coded in he takes 20%+ of all shares you submit!
Activity: 812
October 14, 2013, 08:25:02 PM
That fucking name: Beeeeeer
I can't even remember the number of E's in it...

of course they chose 5 E's
5 is a prime number, the only one ending in 5....
magic

yay! :p

I really like that pool...the frontend and stats are currently down but I've had a great experience mining there so far.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
October 14, 2013, 04:01:21 PM

of course they chose 5 E's
5 is a prime number, the only one ending in 5....
magic
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange
October 12, 2013, 11:18:58 PM
I actually had my Linux miner (Tandy's build) disconnect twice with the same issue, so I had to restart it. Other 5 miners seemed fine. I have both rde's 3.3 miners on Windows and Tandy's miners on Ubuntu.

Still this doesn't seem very unusual for me. This happened before.

It did happen to me before but only once in a several days. In the last two days all machines have it multiple times a day. I thought ypool was DDOS'ed or something. Even rdb3.2 has the problem now. The 3.2 is supposed to over-react in detecting disconnection and re-connecting the pool.
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
still can't change my profile pic
October 12, 2013, 09:54:40 PM
I actually had my Linux miner (Tandy's build) disconnect twice with the same issue, so I had to restart it. Other 5 miners seemed fine. I have both rde's 3.3 miners on Windows and Tandy's miners on Ubuntu.

Still this doesn't seem very unusual for me. This happened before.
CAT.EX Exchange
October 12, 2013, 09:41:22 PM
In the last few days I often have my jhPrimeminer (rdb3.3 x64) stop producing shares. YPool would claim those miners dead, and those miners only have a val/h line printed out every a few seconds. The miners seem disconnected. Anyone having similar problem, too?
October 02, 2013, 02:53:46 PM

I <3 VW Beetles
October 02, 2013, 01:18:54 PM
legendary
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004
October 02, 2013, 12:46:36 PM

Well just to give my numbers on yPool since 23 sep I found 4 blocks and they payed me ~20XPM soo... that's like 50% right?  Maybe I got lucky...

Trying beeeeer now!  Cool
October 02, 2013, 07:27:06 AM
There are thousands of small miners. They find blocks just as fast as a miner who has thousands machines. If the pool under-pays the small miners, the small miners contribute their time to the block finders most of the time.

"Small miner" argument doesn't really work here. Pool pays him like he's finding block every 1-2 days (6-7xpms/day) but in his words he rarely finds 9ch, so he doesn't really find blocks that often. It means pool hugely overpays him, probably out of pocket of people who find blocks.

Maybe try reading again to userstand which pool did what. 
Ypool (at one point) was like soloing at diff=9.0. What is the point of joining a pool to solo?

Thankyou mhps for backing my argument. I hear that ypools weighting system changed to something a bit more resonable... all I can say its about time too!!!
October 02, 2013, 04:29:25 AM
There are thousands of small miners. They find blocks just as fast as a miner who has thousands machines. If the pool under-pays the small miners, the small miners contribute their time to the block finders most of the time.

"Small miner" argument doesn't really work here. Pool pays him like he's finding block every 1-2 days (6-7xpms/day) but in his words he rarely finds 9ch, so he doesn't really find blocks that often. It means pool hugely overpays him, probably out of pocket of people who find blocks.

Ypool (at one point) was like soloing at diff=9.0. What is the point of joining a pool to solo?

I never said I dont find blocks, I do! I have 2 FX8350 8 cores @ 4.8ghz 16 threads.. what I was saying if you dont hit 9 chains on ypool your payout is shit! anyway beer is implementing cprsb today so the system is changing maybe even better for everybody and the pool
CAT.EX Exchange
October 01, 2013, 11:56:57 PM

October 01, 2013, 11:35:55 PM

CAT.EX Exchange
October 01, 2013, 11:19:41 PM
If you don't hit 9ch then your hardware is so weak that you find no blocks. If you find no blocks for the pool then why would somebody give you 6-7 XPMs/day for no value you bring? How can it work on beeeeer: you find no blocks and they give you 6-7 XPMs for that? Is beeeeer charity or what?

In my case I've found 3 blocks for ypool since Sep 23. Ypool paid out about 20 XPM using their value system.

In total I have been paid ~70% for the blocks I have found.
October 01, 2013, 09:13:54 PM
beeeeer.org
Activity: 294
October 01, 2013, 07:32:42 PM
I get paid more there, guys with more miners are better off at ypool maybe...I only have one i7 3820.

Where ivanlabrie?
October 01, 2013, 06:36:47 PM
I get paid more there, guys with more miners are better off at ypool maybe...I only have one i7 3820.
October 01, 2013, 06:10:45 PM

Go solo mine then?

I know, I know:) I'm just trying to say that share value system on ypool is not something that I see beeeeer improved.

But maybe beeeeer miner is faster then rdebourbond's 3.3 miner? Or maybe beeeeer pool just finds more blocks/CPU then ypool?

I'm not saying beeeeer or rpool.net is bad, I just want to understand the reason why people prefer it over ypool.
October 01, 2013, 03:44:45 PM
If you don't hit 9ch then your hardware is so weak that you find no blocks. If you find no blocks for the pool then why would somebody give you 6-7 XPMs/day for no value you bring? How can it work on beeeeer: you find no blocks and they give you 6-7 XPMs for that? Is beeeeer charity or what?

In my case I've found 3 blocks for ypool since Sep 23. Ypool paid out about 20 XPM using their value system. It's about right, but still I've found more XPM then ypool paid out to me. I would actually prefer even more agressive values system, something like solo mining:

found block: 1.0 value
9ch, 8ch, 7ch, 6ch: 0 value.   

Go solo mine then?
Pages:
Jump to: