Pages:
Author

Topic: [XRA] RateCoin | PoS | Unique Generous Rewards | Low Supply Inflation - page 5. (Read 75061 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
sory guys..
whether XRA coin has been delisted from  bittrex ? Huh
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Hi,
Is there anyway to compile this for a rpi B. I don't mind doing it but I can't get the unix source to compile on my rpi B.
The binaries for the rpi 2 don't work. Something about instruction sets.
I can't give any log info untill I get home tonight.
Thanks for any help!
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Does this idea mean stake % will no longer be by block age?

Yes wouldn't you love to have a coin which you can change all of the parameters on the fly with no need to hard fork and get everyone to update?? Sounds amazing to me, so I have started some preliminary development on it. Unfortunately it is a very very busy time of the year for me, so can only do limited work right now.

Unfortunately, today I'm in a hurry. But the idea is fantastic.

It would even be superlative if you could add, not only changes of parameters, but also
correction code and hotfix during operation, without need of manual intervention.

But I think this self modifying code is a kind of taboo. And with good reasons sometimes.

But now I am going too far forward.

Better a safe step at time. Wink

Yes first step will be really abusing the new system on testnet.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer

Yes wouldn't you love to have a coin which you can change all of the parameters on the fly with no need to hard fork and get everyone to update?? Sounds amazing to me, so I have started some preliminary development on it. Unfortunately it is a very very busy time of the year for me, so can only do limited work right now.

It would even be superlative if you could add, not only changes of parameters, but also
correction code and hotfix during operation, without need of manual intervention.

But I think this self modifying code is a kind of taboo. And with good reasons sometimes.

Yes first step will be really abusing the new system on testnet.
legendary
Activity: 1120
https://cryptoworld.io
I am interested in making some very unique and fun protocol changes to XRA.
Of course I will want the full support of the community to do this, and I won't be releasing all of the details right at this second.

All right, what did you thought with your volcanic mind?
At least some clues to make us fantasize?

I will warn you not to build this branch yet, because it is jumbled full of testnet only purely test only code (and may corrupt your valid chain if you launch this wallet on the mainnet). https://github.com/presstab/ratecoin/tree/voting

What I would love to do is turn XRA into a fully dynamic coin, that can change parameters on the fly without any hard forks. It will be up to the stakers to insert their votes into their minted block and then the coin will change according to the votes. For example I will be preliminarily be testing this with stake rate, but I believe it could also be applied to min/max stake weight age, block time target, etc.

Will of course take some heavy testneting first.
That's a nice and fun idea!
If you need a node running on the testnet, I'm here with my little support! Smiley
Activity: 1194
Merit: 502
Well i think we have to wait to BTC price to stabilize before we can see Ratecoin price to normalize

do we have some dice site for this coin?

Yes, at least one, its cradle: Yobit

legendary
Activity: 966
Well i think we have to wait to BTC price to stabilize before we can see Ratecoin price to normalize

do we have some dice site for this coin?

Sounds like a super idea to me. Also looks like the Vol is super low due to BTC rise on Bittrex we got the dreaded low Volume nasty

What would be the trend of the price if it was expressed directly in dollars or other fiat?
Activity: 803
Merit: 501
Of course I will want the full support of the community to do this, and I won't be releasing all of the details right at this second.

I will warn you not to build this branch yet, because it is jumbled full of testnet only purely test only code (and may corrupt your valid chain if you launch this wallet on the mainnet). https://github.com/presstab/ratecoin/tree/voting

What I would love to do is turn XRA into a fully dynamic coin, that can change parameters on the fly without any hard forks. It will be up to the stakers to insert their votes into their minted block and then the coin will change according to the votes. For example I will be preliminarily be testing this with stake rate, but I believe it could also be applied to min/max stake weight age, block time target, etc.

Very interesting, can stake rate be defined to go up or down based on tot supply - amount on a burned coin address and some other parameters?
IW

Of course it could, but what I have in mind is different. Each user would set a setting in their wallet with their preferred stake rate, and when they mint a block their vote is added to the voting pool. The rate will be calculated using an average of something like the last 100 staked blocks votes.

Sounds like a super idea to me. Also looks like the Vol is super low due to BTC rise on Bittrex we got the dreaded low Volume nasty
legendary
Blockchain Developer

Ok, I remain still.

I read your description, and my imagination has already started to ride.  Grin
The idea of changing dynamically the parameters of the wallet, is very attractive.

I have a few questions, but I risk of being very long, confusing and tedious.

Perhaps it is better in PM, so only one will suffer.  Wink

Ok, I remain still.

I read your description, and my imagination has already started to ride.  Grin
The idea of changing dynamically the parameters of the wallet, is very attractive.

I have a few questions, but I risk of being very long, confusing and tedious.

Perhaps it is better in PM, so only one will suffer.  Wink

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

Very interesting, can stake rate be defined to go up or down based on tot supply - amount on a burned coin address and some other parameters?
IW

Of course it could, but what I have in mind is different. Each user would set a setting in their wallet with their preferred stake rate, and when they mint a block their vote is added to the voting pool. The rate will be calculated using an average of something like the last 100 staked blocks votes.
Thank you, i think i see where you are going with this.
IW
legendary
Blockchain Developer

IW

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

IW
legendary
Blockchain Developer

legendary
Blockchain Developer
I am interested in making some very unique and fun protocol changes to XRA. Of course I will want the full support of the community to do this, and I won't be releasing all of the details right at this second. But I plan on getting a good functional testnet up and running and testing out the new protocol I want to run Smiley
legendary
Blockchain Developer
Yes, he own's the hosting company and his old partner supplied a version of exchange software used on gorilla.exchange. My understanding is that the present exchange is not the same exchange software. I am not aware of any other involvement. I can get him in here if you have concerns.

I am not one to hassle someone about politics when they are probably working their ass off coding Tongue I hope good luck to the exchange and am happy to see both XRA and HYP added there, and look forward to porting the API to presstab.pw when its available.
Pages:
Jump to: