Pages:
Author

Topic: [XRA] RateCoin | PoS | Unique Generous Rewards | Low Supply Inflation - page 8. (Read 75061 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000
SaluS - (SLS)
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
@ sparksi
Thank you for your explanation of staking. To pick up on one of your points: "With 50 000 XRA you are expected to stake once in less than three days (0.00064 * 480 / 0.8 = 0.384)". I can assure you that this didn't happen. It might be probable for one such stake to mature if you had a large number of such amounts, but not with a single amount in my experience. If I remember rightly, the probabilty indicators of my wallet showed I was over a week away from stake maturation at the three day stage. I invite genuine potential investors to try this with an individual amount of 50,000 XRA if they are of a mind to verify this.

The Ratecoin major stakeholders are in pole position and seem to have reduced staking to a numbers game. This is done by carpeting with large numbers of small amounts to effectively squeeze others out. It might be viewed that this is similar to a Ddos attack, but in this case it is a significant denial of staking for ordinary investors that is taking place. Possibly mega-amounts are punched through when opportune staking windows occur, but that is supposition on my part. Nothing wrong with such shrewd practice. My main beef was that, by omission, people were not being told the full story. It seemed to me that they were being lured into buying and Kushedout's post caught me at a time when I felt very strongly about this (see my original post).

Well over half of all XRA is currently contained in 10 addresses (55.92%). 91% of all XRA is in the top 50 addresses. 98.10% of all XRA in existence is in 100 addresses. That in itself poses the question: Just how many of those addresses are contained in one wallet?

Take a look: http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/XRA/richlist.php  The pie chart explains all. The Rich List prominently includes you, Kushedout, PressTab.

If you examine my addresses you will find that I had one block with a lot more than 50,000 XRA in it and it didn't mature after two weeks of staking. This admittedly wasn't continuous, but was for substantial periods every day, or two, over a period of two weeks. I had several other smaller, but not inconsiderable amounts staking at the same time. All my main addresses were in one wallet and my attempted staking occured recently in October and this month, November. I included all my addresses to show a paper trail if anyone wanted to follow it.

I don't want to keep on answering quibbles, or side issues to all and sundry. My main point was to point out that the staking probability of XRA is heavily loaded in favour of the few who own millions of XRA and have crowded out the blocks with high numbers of small amounts.

So, let's stick to my main point: is Ratecoin staking heavily loaded in favour of a few, and importantly were people being told about this when several of you were outlining staking strategies? I await Kushedout's answer since my comments were directed mainly at his post.

[Previous quoted post]

I think i know who the puppet master is of this "noob" account is.
Never the less, not sure if you said anything negative in regards XRA in your reply, you just validated few of my points and were way off base on the rest due to your lack of knowledge on the specs of the coin. Even still,  your reply makes XRA sound better than 99% of the shitcoins out there, including yours, spots Wink

1) Although I'm tagged a 'Newbie' because I rarely post, my account is not new. Neither am I. I've been around for quite a bit.

2) I'd like to know who the puppet master you think I'm supposed to be is. Or is that an attempt at a deflection from the real meat of the matter?

3) I was giving an honest opinion of Ratecoin. I see no value in being negative for the sake of being negative. I'm just pissed off in seeing another PressTab influenced POS coin luring me into a dead-end. Wasting my time and money. I think that is a fair comment that newer investors could verify for themselves.

4) I do have a knowledge of the specs of the coin. Tell me why you think my comments are wrong. You didn't in your reply. THAT is telling!

5) I'm not sure what you mean by my coin. Do you mean I own an altcoin, as is if I'm a developer, or something? I have holdings in a range of altcoins. "Spots?" What's that supposed to mean - is that your all-knowing guess at who you think I am supposed to be? Feeble. Pure nonsense. Stick to the point.

I think that intending investors should look at your reply for the very little substance that it contains.

1) Yes, you are a n00b.

2) And what is the "meat" of the mater?

3)  wtf does this even mean? "PressTab influenced POS coin luring me into a dead-end"

4) even if you do know about the coin specs, its impossible for you to have utilized it to the fullest, with the highest bracket of interest stake payout by locking blocks, since the coin hasnt been around that long.

5) cant believe I just fed a troll.

By the way can you show proof of your loss? Trade history Or the address you were staking with?

If you can post what I requested above, I'll give you 50k XRA.

1) Look at my profile and you will see the date I registered was: July 28, 2014, 11:45:57 PM. I've been around well before then. Hardly a 'noob' in altcoin terms, but a relative noob to Ratecoin granted, despite this being my second time around. Both times I've been disappointed.

2) The meat of the matter was your post and the posts of others who weren't telling the full story. Ratecoin staking is loaded in favour of the largest stakeholders who have made it difficult for others to stake successfully. See my earlier posts.

3) The full quote for the relevant sentences were: "I'm just pissed off in seeing another PressTab influenced POS coin luring me into a dead-end. Wasting my time and money. I think that is a fair comment that newer investors could verify for themselves." Since you earlier took the level of the conversion down to excremental terms ("shitcoin"), may I ask: what part of 'pissed off' don't you understand? To paraphrase: I was highly disgruntled by the way in which coins having had PressTab's involvement have proven difficult for late adopters to stake - and seemingly easy for the few who have put a stranglehold around the coin. Other coins exhibiting PressTab's work include HyperStake and PayCon, both of which I have had experience of.

4) You are correct. I didn't feel like staying around to utilise this coin to its "fullest, with the highest bracket of interest stake payout by locking blocks, since" as you point out, "the coin hasnt been around that long." The coin has been out for five months. After my second try, it didn't take me long to come to my previous conclusion that this coin is just another HyperStake, only harder for 'newbies' to stake. One of my blocks consisted of the best part of a 100,000, staked for approximately two weeks with an estimated payout of 180 (or was it 108?) with a weight of well over a million. Hardly a sizeable return if it had staked then, but it looked like it wouldn't stake for a long time. The estimated days to stake were 1-1, then went up to 1-2 after several days. The block estimate went up from 0.2 to 0.29 days and stayed there for days. But that's not the point. The point is that the full story wasn't being told, and to be frank, it seemed to me, that it was being purposely held back. That's why I made my post.

5) Troll?! It's easy to namecall when you can't construct a proper argument, isn't it? My post was made in response to yours and others who weren't telling the full story (see point 2)).

By the way, my Ratecoin staking addresses were:

RHJjUjyTYR4uXuEmnU2M9RrDkmdrEbVLJU
RMA9qp1TqS5kx8DJPZCbi1Sh2MzPRzZknc
RJxKtQDXm6Rui3JTKxMUExLnXJvnC64SnD
RLXJSY8886thP86xviU96LNjxS5zTmz3s5
RBW9QVuNa1w12KVhzCLfCckRrLKeQBTvWY

and other minor ones were:
RP1nC2TyfUCgcoTXptzev7AXWdrXkv6fVh
RT3novRRxfPB4xSxCgEGvULhsiPwkek4c3
RBCpnGa2Sug4LZjo4w1f7NssR4Vy8mBhQr
RP1nC2TyfUCgcoTXptzev7AXWdrXkv6fVh

You can keep your 50,000 XRA. An apology would be more fitting. Otherwise, fully answer the comments made in my original post. I've shown you the courtesy in answering yours.
legendary
SaluS - (SLS)

[Previous quoted post]

Never the less, not sure if you said anything negative in regards XRA in your reply, you just validated few of my points and were way off base on the rest due to your lack of knowledge on the specs of the coin. Even still,  your reply makes XRA sound better than 99% of the shitcoins out there, including yours, spots Wink

1) Although I'm tagged a 'Newbie' because I rarely post, my account is not new. Neither am I. I've been around for quite a bit.

2) I'd like to know who the puppet master you think I'm supposed to be is. Or is that an attempt at a deflection from the real meat of the matter?

3) I was giving an honest opinion of Ratecoin. I see no value in being negative for the sake of being negative. I'm just pissed off in seeing another PressTab influenced POS coin luring me into a dead-end. Wasting my time and money. I think that is a fair comment that newer investors could verify for themselves.

4) I do have a knowledge of the specs of the coin. Tell me why you think my comments are wrong. You didn't in your reply. THAT is telling!

5) I'm not sure what you mean by my coin. Do you mean I own an altcoin, as is if I'm a developer, or something? I have holdings in a range of altcoins. "Spots?" What's that supposed to mean - is that your all-knowing guess at who you think I am supposed to be? Feeble. Pure nonsense. Stick to the point.

I think that intending investors should look at your reply for the very little substance that it contains.

1) Yes, you are a n00b.

2) And what is the "meat" of the mater?

3)  wtf does this even mean? "PressTab influenced POS coin luring me into a dead-end"

4) even if you do know about the coin specs, its impossible for you to have utilized it to the fullest, with the highest bracket of interest stake payout by locking blocks, since the coin hasnt been around that long.

5) cant believe I just fed a troll.

By the way can you show proof of your loss? Trade history Or the address you were staking with?

If you can post what I requested above, I'll give you 50k XRA.

[Previous quoted post]

legendary
SaluS - (SLS)
legendary
SaluS - (SLS)
what's a good price to be in, I'm seeing that xra is moving nice and good wave, should I buy it?
Nobody can advise you to buy anything right now but in case of XRA its a staking coin so you can check explorer how good XRA holders are doing in staking since they are staking. Some big balance wallets already staked almost 1 bitcoin as a reward which i consider is very generous even in this price so If you are familiar with Ratecoin history and its ups and downs and planning to buy a decent amount of coins to lock in for staking then this price is definitely an opportunity thats all i can say  Smiley
Thanks for your answer, it's very clear, even if I'm not very familiar with the past of XRA, I will check some and I think it's a good coin to own

Freemarket decides the price. However, things to consider when investing and in this case XRA.

1) Scam = Definitely not
2) Developer = Presstab (enough said)
3) Community = Solid and growing.
4) Longevity = Still in early adopter stage, low supply, most of the supply is held by long term stakers, (little chance of dumps), claimed addresses for reference http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/XRA/richlist.php
5) HyperStake (XRA big brother) been around for over 2 years, still listed and activly traded on most major exchanges, so I asume XRA will follow in HYP footsteps.
6) Fun as hell to stake, specialy when it comes to using the lock block feature.
7) I would add some more stuff, but I am on my cell phone. Smiley

Happy Staking.
Activity: 55
what's a good price to be in, I'm seeing that xra is moving nice and good wave, should I buy it?
Nobody can advise you to buy anything right now but in case of XRA its a staking coin so you can check explorer how good XRA holders are doing in staking since they are staking. Some big balance wallets already staked almost 1 bitcoin as a reward which i consider is very generous even in this price so If you are familiar with Ratecoin history and its ups and downs and planning to buy a decent amount of coins to lock in for staking then this price is definitely an opportunity thats all i can say  Smiley
Thanks for your answer, it's very clear, even if I'm not very familiar with the past of XRA, I will check some and I think it's a good coin to own
legendary
Activity: 1484
Activity: 55
Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Is it possible to add the option of locking per staking bracket? it could be maybe with a drop down list with options ranging from unlimited to the current brackets - 256 days, 128 days etc
and of course once it reaches the max locked days it will automatically unlock and be ready for staking.

what do you think?

A kind of "lock until", as I understand it.

I seem to recall that of this it had spoken in the early stages
with PressTab, but maybe at that time was not a priority.

PS:
Hi!
I am another of those who write about very infrequently.  Cheesy

Definitely an awesome idea, and would be a cool feature to have. Shouldn't be too hard, just modify the coin selection code to only select coins of a certain maturity. I will look into this when I get back in town at the end of November!

That would be great!
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer

Is it possible to add the option of locking per staking bracket? it could be maybe with a drop down list with options ranging from unlimited to the current brackets - 256 days, 128 days etc
and of course once it reaches the max locked days it will automatically unlock and be ready for staking.

what do you think?

PS:
Hi!

Definitely an awesome idea, and would be a cool feature to have. Shouldn't be too hard, just modify the coin selection code to only select coins of a certain maturity. I will look into this when I get back in town at the end of November!
Activity: 1194
Merit: 502

what do you think?

PS:
Hi!

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Hi all,
Been really busy so didn't have to much time to comment but I have been keeping updated.

I had an idea about the coin lock feature.
Currently you can select what coins to lock but you need to manually select when to unlock them and if you have many locked coins it can be a full time job Wink

what do you think?

legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
if i lock my block and get to the 25% rate after 256 will the amount staked be defaulted to that amount after normal stake period or do i have to relock the block another 256 days?

After it stakes it turns into a new block, so you would need to lock that new block as well.
legendary
Activity: 1148
if i lock my block and get to the 25% rate after 256 will the amount staked be defaulted to that amount after normal stake period or do i have to relock the block another 256 days?
Pages:
Jump to: