Pages:
Author

Topic: XtraBytes really becoming the platform to rule all. - page 2. (Read 4464 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 2
To all the newbies who might fall for the telemarketing, beware, this coin is probably a scam.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/6g9gez/long_read_but_a_must_before_investing_in_xby_be/
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
New session TESTNET with PULSE system and VITALS soon in progress

Head to our Slack and speak to Rule144 to get involved !

Steemit post with more info on what the Testnet is and how it benefits XTRABYTES
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@xtrabytes/xtrabytes-test-net-has-begun

Slack invite link: https://xtrabytes.herokuapp.com!

For those who want to have fun and spam the XBY network
The XBY script is available now on the GitHub XBY:
https://github.com/menesescesar/Blockchain-testnet-tester

The XBY script works on Linux and Windows, it allows to send multiple transactions in loop.
Here is the XBY test interface you need to get when the script is installed on Windows.

XBY being Recommended as a Must-Buy in this Article below
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrencies/@niklasmato/crypto-investment-tips-for-the-end-of-august-2017

XtraBytes has been on my radar for quite some time. They are building a whole new way of handling transactions called POS (proof of signature). Imho this can be the next ETH/NEO. Why ?
Let me elaborate a bit on this.
Xtrabytes platform is very scalable, secure and will allow any code to run on top of it.
Much like smart contracts on Eth and NEO, Xtrabytes will do the same, but with a twist.
As far as i understand it's code language agnostic, you will be able to run perl, c++, C#, and so on.
Decentralized applications can just plugin to the XtraBytes blockchain and will no longer need ICO's.
The applications running on it will simply die or live according to their usage and a voting process.

The value of 1 XBY is extremely low for the moment and can easilly go X100 or even more imho.
PHASE 2 MARKETING BLITZ

Hello XTRABYTES Community!

Yesterday we released our 3rd and BEST version of the XTRABYTES ANN, which is a major piece of our ongoing branding campaign. There has been a tremendous amount of positive feedback from the XTRABYTES Community with regard to our new logo/design as well as the information contained on the ANN. Thank you!!

At this time, I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for your input and this includes the entire XTRABYTES Community as well as the Board and the Developers. We have been listening to feedback and suggestions and always will. When we all agree that something is best for XTRABYTES we will implement it ASAP. As a result of this community development aspect, we have a powerful and very impressive ANN and this is just the beginning of the great things we have planned for the near future.

Further to this, after we posted the ANN, the XTRABYTES Community stepped up and immediately went to work with helping us weed through the typos, grammatical and punctuation errors and other suggestions to increase the readability of the ANN. So, I want to thank you all for helping. This is what TEAMWORK is all about and as a T.E.A.M. Together Everyone Achieves More.

Speaking of TEAMS:

We are now in the early stages of our Phase 2 campaign.

Part of Phase 2 is going to include the assembly of various TEAMS to coincide with a 90 day marketing blitz across any and all channels where we will find NEW people to join the XTRABYTES Community. There will be some interesting surprises included with this. Thus far, we have recognized several different leader personalities who we will ask to take on elevated roles. However, we would also like to put a call out to anyone sitting back watching to please come forward on the Slack and let us know if you would like to participate with the upcoming marketing blitz.

This marketing blitz will start on Sept 4th, but we wanted to give some advanced notice so that everyone is aware that we have some FUN and COMPETITIVE EXCITEMENT coming!!

We also do not want to wait until Sept 4th to assemble the TEAMS... We want to BLAST OFF on Sept 4th!!

Thank you for your patience and trust - We will all win in the end!!

Dave, Zoltan and the XTRABYTES Board

Decentralize the World
Join the @XTRABYTES community

https://xtrabytes.herokuapp.com/

Fantastic image created by @XTRABYTES Slack member LostWords
What your favorite token/project outside the top 100 market cap and why?
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoMarkets/comments/6xbp73/what_your_favorite_tokenproject_outside_the_top/
How the XtraBYtes Blockchain works.
As introduction XtraBYtes is a newly invented algorithm that does not require any traditional type of mining support, such as: POW or POS. We have created something called Proof of Signature (POSign)which ensures that 100% of all blocks will be signed by the system when they occur. The blocks are signed by the network of Master Nodes after verifying the transactions in the block.
Typical P2P Networks work something like this……

https://medium.com/@xxxxxxxddfeutt/how-the-xtrabytes-blockchain-works-69979081bf42

XBY: Unique project and great opportunity at this price !

Let's go!   Cool
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
Merci Cedric!
*THIS SHOULD GET PEOPLE EXCITED!!!!!!!!!*

The following block is number 197 straight off the testnet. Oh, what does 1097 mean?!?  That is the number of transactions within the block!

197    4073fe5a0572fd04…    2(XtraBabY)    2017-Aug-22 23:09:42    1097 · 519923744736.00

http://testnet.xtrabytes.global/?4073fe5a0572fd0430d588480f315a6976aa722e4e680e927faec0612aa5016d

This is only the beginning and full stress testing has not even started.  Shocked

Hack Testnet challenge, my 5,000xby to the first person to find a confirmed vulnerability that is not previously known to the dev team. In other words, a zero-day.

Ah yes. Thank you Secure -- I meant to mention this in my post as well. The size of these blocks easily compare against a BTC block. Our testnet is handling these with no problem!
[/quote]
Hello Everyone. Just wanted to add a few cents to the testnet conversation!

Who was part of the initial test?
jcpbs, rule144, bryank, bikerleszno, borz.

What did we do?
We started slow with a few transactions to and from different wallets. We quickly ramped up to spamming hundreds of transactions via console sendtoaddress command.

What's Next?
We have some basic housekeeping to perform and nail down some specifics to some of our upcoming tests but we will be expanding our pilot to all those who are interested.

We have just reached just over 100 members in our testnet. Our goal is to have 512 members utilizing the testnet. If you are interested, please stop by our slack and let us know you're interested! We will be looking to roll out to a larger group very soon!

Note: There are no requirements for you to take part in the testnet. You do not need to own a node or even have any amount of XBY. It will not cost you anything to participate! There is some very basic setup, which we will assist with and then its just sending transactions, performing attacks on the network (if you know how), etc. Periodically we may coordinate an effort together to spam the network full of transactions but that's about it. Basically use it as if you were using it for real Smiley

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me or ask the questions in the slack. We will be more than happy to answer any questions!

Thanks for your Time!
BryanK
Activity: 1056
Merit: 270
Xtrabytes is a cool name as well as the XBY, nothing wrong with it  Cool keep the name don't change it.

Activity: 679
Merit: 500
I remember this Altcoins here. Here I must earn a great deal and chance to change  my life but I'm not lucky. I wasted that opportunity because I knew it was a shitcoins but suddenly it had the foundations and got up again. Perhaps this is the most disastrous thing in my life that I should be a millionaire and a key to my poverty alleviation.

Maybe it's not for me
Good luck to all who bought it is 1 sats each just before. You've grown almost millions now.
The main objectives of the test are:

1. Test networks capacity to handle load. XTRABYTES aims to be scalable beyond current blockchains, such as Ethereum and Bitcoin, both of which see their respective networks struggle at peak times.
2. Try to exploit the consensus system (POSIGN), eg. double spends.
3. General testing of the network, are coins arriving at correct addresses are confirms sticking etc.
4. Wallet testing, eg, does the blockchain sync automatically without the need of a .conf file and other ux issues.
Activity: 560
Merit: 113
I agree, that xtrabytes doesn't sound that great. However, rebranding is a lot simpler than having a cool name but no technology. Since the technology is solid, I think it's a good investment.

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
It has such a bad name... It is what put me off buying ants.
After the rebrand it boomed.

This has a lot of potential. Just needs some good marketing!

Haha you choose projects on their name? How normal a word is Etherum...or Google...NEO is a name from the Matrix. Lol

ANTSHARES was a bad name cause it made you think it was something to do with stock market on the internet. In the end names dont matter and the tech is all that matters. Top 20.coins are there cause they are innovative and useful not cause of marketing and names.lol

You have to admit XtraBytes is probably the worst named coin in the top 200!  I don't think neo would be at the market cap it is at now without the rebrand and marketing.

Anyway, I am advising to ignore the name as it would put a lot of people off.

And yes, I did not bother reading up on it until recently as it sounded like a crappy coin.
Pages:
Jump to: