Pages:
Author

Topic: XtraBytes really becoming the platform to rule all. - page 3. (Read 4464 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
REMINDER TO JOIN THE XTRABYTES TEST-NET

Head to our Slack and speak to Rule144 to get involved!
Steemit post with more info on what the Testnet is and how it benefits XTRABYTES
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
REMINDER TO JOIN THE XTRABYTES TEST-NET

Head to our Slack and speak to Rule144 to get involved!
Steemit post with more info on what the Testnet is and how it benefits XTRABYTES
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
It has such a bad name... It is what put me off buying ants.
After the rebrand it boomed.

This has a lot of potential. Just needs some good marketing!

Haha you choose projects on their name? How normal a word is Etherum...or Google...NEO is a name from the Matrix. Lol

ANTSHARES was a bad name cause it made you think it was something to do with stock market on the internet. In the end names dont matter and the tech is all that matters. Top 20.coins are there cause they are innovative and useful not cause of marketing and names.lol
Activity: 336
Merit: 101

Hello ECB, these are all fair points and could certainly lead to an investor taking pause. Nonetheless I feel XBY is a platform with compelling potential.  I invested in XBY because of

1. Deep management bench - I have participated in the slack channel for several platforms including Droxne, Reddcoin, Zencash. The team has a deeper management and technical bench than many existing projects and practically all recent ICOs. Some of the management and technical team slack names are Borzalom, CCRevolution, Vanfly. jcpbs, bikerlezn,

2. Low market cap versus competing smart contract platforms - other platforms including ETH ($27.7B), Lisk ($242M), Stratis ($525M)  have much higher market caps by a factor of 20x or more. The low market capitalization on an absolute and relative basis is a margin of safety in the crypto space, which is truly volatile when compared to other assets such as equities or commodities

3. Uniqueness of the business model - XBY is based on Proof of Signature, this is a unique consensus method for protecting securing the network /processing transactions and fundametlly different than Proof of Work, Proof of Stake, Proof of Importance (e.g. NEM), Directed Acrylic Graphs (e.g. Byteballs) or Byzantine Fault Tolerance (NEO)

Needless to say there is risk in any technology investment whether its Teledyne, Amazon or XBY. If you wait to buy, you could get a lower price if there is a crypto wide market selloff or pay a higher price once investors bid up the valuation for a proven technology.

Upping this post. Great content and info about XBY.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
It has such a bad name... It is what put me off buying ants.
After the rebrand it boomed.

This has a lot of potential. Just needs some good marketing!
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
How much you think XBY will be after the september marketing rally or should I sell now?

Price predictions are difficult in the crypto-space, as I'm sure you know.  XBY is still very much under the radar.  It is not traded on any major exchange.  Price has quite a bit of way to go to breach the all-time-high, but I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you sold now. 
Activity: 1056
Merit: 270
How much you think XBY will be after the september marketing rally or should I sell now?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
I accept XBY/XFUEL
XBY will be a huge success because the team is great and the ideas are brilliant! And most important the community is like a family  Smiley I am thankful to be a part of it x3
Activity: 345
Merit: 105
September is beginning of the marketing rally right?  Grin

Yes, I would expect some news followed by an all out marketing campaign.
Activity: 560
Merit: 113
September is beginning of the marketing rally right?  Grin
Activity: 98
Also signed up for the new testnet and very excited for the future. Good to see some positive debate going on here with some good questions. One of the reasons I believe IMO they didn't do an ICO was because it was experimental which takes the pressure off the dev team if their vision doesn't work out. If they did an ICO and the project failed then there would be calls for blood. With it being a completely new experimental project then I think they made the right choice.
From jhar in the XBY Slack...

"We have so much cool stuff coming. We'll hit rough times again because that's the nature of any business and certainly a start up, but I haven't been this confident and pleased with the project honestly since we started...

Things are only going to go faster from here on out Smiley"
I have signed up to the testnet. I encourage anyone who is Intereeted in XBY or crypto to do so! This is such a unique opportunity.

We are a part of something bigger than ourselves.  It's an honor to be the first few to crash test the platform.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
I have signed up to the testnet. I encourage anyone who is Intereeted in XBY or crypto to do so! This is such a unique opportunity.
Right now, I want to see how the TESTNET plays out and what the XBY core can handle.  More testers the better.

Join the Slack to become a tester.

https://xtrabytes.herokuapp.com
Another tremendous upside, Borzalom...genius dev with unique ideas, the POSIGN algorithm, secure and scalable.

I can't wait to see what happens with XBY in 1 year, 3 years, 7 years.  I have my popcorn ready...
Activity: 91
The downside of not having an ICO or pre-mine is indeed that this Xtrabytes is easy overlooked since there is no funding available for marketing and campaigns.

the downside of this coin is the 100% premine based off a dead ico.

it all sounds like interesting stuff but they really should not have hitched it to something that lay dead on yobit at 1 satoshi forever.

it should've begun with a clean sheet, not sullied itself with that association.

I disagree. There is always speculation surrounding new coins. The route they decided to take helps to validate that the work they are trying to do is real. Could they fail? Perhaps but if they succeed then i feel overall the new devs will have solidified their commitment to the project in a way that could not have be achieved otherwise.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
The marketing campaign will begin in September I believe and they have lots of exciting info to share about the project that they are saving until then.

Yes indeed. There will be lots of excitement being generated and some real content being delivered! Glad to have you on board Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
XBY is just too exciting to ignore.  It just may end up becoming the go to platform for developers who are looking to build novel modules.

It will cause any coder can.make something for it and not have to use ETH exclusive code. Plus they will have the benefit IF its a decent app to very quickly be introduced to a ready made market of people already plugged into XBY ecosytem....and get paid for as long as its used. These other eth or even NEO apps dont it seem to me have a long term viable profit or business model once they do their ICO.

People still havent in my opinion really grasped the multiplication factor of XBY. As long as the dev completes which looks almost certain then over time it cant real fail....it will just build and build as users are onboarded via various apps.
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
The downside of not having an ICO or pre-mine is indeed that this Xtrabytes is easy overlooked since there is no funding available for marketing and campaigns.

the downside of this coin is the 100% premine based off a dead ico.

it all sounds like interesting stuff but they really should not have hitched it to something that lay dead on yobit at 1 satoshi forever.

it should've begun with a clean sheet, not sullied itself with that association.

Absolutely.  You are correct.  Things could have been easier if they had gone the route that legions of coins have . . . but they didn't.  If anything, it ALLOWS more people to buy in at a lower price.  Price currently is around 600 sats.  This is MUCH lower than your typical Bitcoin clone, or smart contract platform ICO base rate.  Many of these ICO's do not have a finished product . . and still manage to raise exorbitant amounts of coin. 

Truthfully, it threw me off a bit when I first read about it.  We are USED to participating in ICO's.  This was a different strategy.  One that I've grown to appreciate over time.  It would have been very easy to showcase the POSIGN idea, stir up some fancy infographic or whatever, and raise a boat load of money.  But they didn't.  Maybe it was because they felt scoffed at being scammed . . I don't know.  Frankly, it doesn't matter. 

The price was dead for some time.  It also was in a huge downtrend after the initial buy up in price to get level 1 nodes.  This has given people time to get any funds available to purchase.  I'd also add that the amount of time to accumulate was much longer than a window of a typical token sale.  One could argue, accumulation period is coming to an end . . . but who really knows?  The other thing that struck me, is that investors do not have to deal with Parity, MEW, or the chance that they may not "get in" on the ICO because large holders have clogged up the pipelines with their orders.  Anyone, at anytime, is free to go to the 3 exchanges XBY is on, and grab them some coin for very cheap. 

Because to me it seems the criticism ultimately is concerns about distribution but all I see these days are ICOs which take 100%!!! of the market cap in ETH and BTC and then on top of that only sell that chunk for only a part of the supply sometimes less than half! Then they sell a huge chunk to corporate banking investments under the banner 'Venture Capital'. Then they take a chunk for themselves often under the guise of 'operating fund'. Then of course most of these ICOs aren't event original chains but simply well marketed ETH apps. This has been done by even the biggest names in Crypto including NEO, Waves, Stratis and even ETH.

It is eerie just how accurate this statement is.

Pages:
Jump to: