Author

Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!] - page 579. (Read 843697 times)

Activity: 450
Merit: 250
Am I wrong in thinking Verge has the same public type of blockchain as Bitcoin?

i.e. Alice sends Verge to Bob. Alice and Bob now know each others Verge addresses, and can easily look at each others history of transactions in the blockchain.

Not really anonymous is it?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Well the fact is its STILL ridiculously cheap Smiley Easy still turn 30 sat into 1k sat.. EASY
Activity: 358
Last time to buy sub 30 sat guys Smiley

quasikurdo makes suicide if he see this Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1372
Last time to buy sub 30 sat guys Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
what happens to my wallet when lets say my pc crashes?  ( sorry for stupid questions but im new to this )

Along the lines already mentioned by others..... most coins wallets have a "backup" listed under "file" which does just what it says. You can send this backup to another location on your drive, another computer on your network, a usb drive (I keep one handy just for this) . Further security is available by creating passwords and keys but these also need to be recorded and stored.....the further you lock down a wallet, you'll need them if you ever have to recover its data (coins). Help files on wallets generally have instructions on how to do this. it sometimes varies a little but in principle....they all do the same thing.

Keep in mind, every transaction that changes your balances  , you should backup.

Just good housekeeping.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
VERGE has been added to Crypto Database, you can now view it here http://cryptodatabase.net/coins.php?cat=V

If it is missing information or if some of it is incorrect please let me know.

cool, ill add it to the OP. you can change our explorer to blockexperts.com/xvg for now, im still fiddling with the one you have listed.

Excellent, I have updated the block explorer to the one you listed. The only thing holding it back from being marked as resourceful is the total amount of coins for VERGE. Is there a fixed limit to coins or is it unlimited?

16.5 billion will be made, but over decades lol

however if the community decides to change it along the way, that could happen. our plan is to continue evolving, forever.

even 9,5 billion coin is too large

hope no coin created anymore,..the more coin created,then more people,more energy needed to spread the coins

we are not alone in crypto,.please think about it

and even some trader don't like with billion in total coins

don't worry bro coin will play it's PoW just as meant to be  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
VERGE has been added to Crypto Database, you can now view it here http://cryptodatabase.net/coins.php?cat=V

cool, ill add it to the OP. you can change our explorer to blockexperts.com/xvg for now, im still fiddling with the one you have listed.

Excellent, I have updated the block explorer to the one you listed. The only thing holding it back from being marked as resourceful is the total amount of coins for VERGE. Is there a fixed limit to coins or is it unlimited?

however if the community decides to change it along the way, that could happen. our plan is to continue evolving, forever.

even 9,5 billion coin is too large

hope no coin created anymore,..the more coin created,then more people,more energy needed to spread the coins

we are not alone in crypto,.please think about it

and even some trader don't like with billion in total coins
Activity: 420
@CryptoOz
what happens to my wallet when lets say my pc crashes?  ( sorry for stupid questions but im new to this )

The best way I can think of to get new people to understand this is that your coins are NOT located on your computer. They are associated with a public key (the address) and a private key.

As long as you have those two things you still control your coins. The best way to do this is to back up your wallet.dat file.

If you have your wallet.dat file safe you cna smash the computer to pieces and the coins associated with the private key are still there.

Save your Dat file to as many different locations or devices as possible. It is like gold.
Activity: 533
Merit: 500

The best way I can think of to get new people to understand this is that your coins are NOT located on your computer. They are associated with a public key (the address) and a private key.

As long as you have those two things you still control your coins. The best way to do this is to back up your wallet.dat file.

If you have your wallet.dat file safe you cna smash the computer to pieces and the coins associated with the private key are still there.

Great, I have updated it with the total coins and put its status to Resourceful which means that all information I collect for a coin was found.

If the total coins change please let me know so I can modify the information I have listed.

very nice work just remember to add i2P  Grin

run on dedicated Tor nodes and I2P nodes 'synched' directly to the wallet
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009
$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

Great, I have updated it with the total coins and put its status to Resourceful which means that all information I collect for a coin was found.

If the total coins change please let me know so I can modify the information I have listed.

you got it man. i always contact everyone when something in verge is changing ;]
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
https://cryptodatabase.net

ok will do so how long it takes for the wallet to sync?

depends.. maybe an hour or two tops..

It's around 400mb so it can take a while. Remember to create an address to receive the coin if you don't have one and send a smaller amount first just to make sure. As dev pointed out the .dat file is your safe box so keep a backup of it somewhere maybe an usb drive or on cloud best is to zip it with a strong password first. Don't forget to encrypt your windows/mac wallet as well.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
https://cryptodatabase.net

legendary

legendary

depends.. maybe an hour or two tops..
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
legendary
so should i keep my coins on bittrex or should i move them to my pc wallet? whats safer? and why?

bittrex has been safe so far. but everyone will tell you, including them, they aren't a bank, and you should keep your coins in a wallet when not trading.
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
so should i keep my coins on bittrex or should i move them to my pc wallet? whats safer? and why?
Jump to: