Author

Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!] - page 606. (Read 843697 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009
$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!
Hey Dev,

when will you be using your new Vergedev name now that it is switched over?

i dont know, probably.. i just dont want to use a newbie account lol

You could ask the bitcointalk admins to do a name change for you.

hmm, ive never thought about that. ill try.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
G'day!
Hey Dev,

when will you be using your new Vergedev name now that it is switched over?

i dont know, probably.. i just dont want to use a newbie account lol

You could ask the bitcointalk admins to do a name change for you.
legendary
i just realized we didn't go 9 hours yesterday with no blocks.

the block explorer at blockexperts freezes sometimes, and alot of the resources that display current block info, use their API

LOL
Activity: 533
Merit: 500
I don't really see it as that much trouble. Just give us the ability to throw some help at it when we wake up and find the diff = 10k.  Huh

I don't really like renting rigs because you always lose, however doing so collectively as a community makes it feel more like we are just supporting a healthy network. Obviously if people would rather just do it themselves, they are free to do so.

In other news, ETH just crashed like my wife driving my truck. Love trading that too, it's wild.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
I was thinking about renting some hash on behalf of the community. We can get this thing moving again and perhaps keep it moving if we continue to get hammered.

Have two A2's pointed at xvg now....that's alot of trouble for you to go to. Everyone should just start mining the crap out of and rent some additional as individuals if they need to.....there's plenty of rigs there at MRR of all sizes

Wow, network is up to 28K of hash. Lotsa hands pulling on the rope.  Grin
legendary
Hey guys yesterday i sent an email to livecoin asking if they were adding new coins and here is the repply:

Hello, are you developer or official representative of the coin?

Best regards, LiveCoin.net
---
E-mail: [email protected]
Jabber: [email protected]

On 2016-02-25 02:58,  wrote:
Hello guys i was wondering if you are looking for new coins to add,
if soo check out Verge XVC
It is a more secure, private, and evolving , a ton of developer
resources and privacy tools
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xvg-verge-powmultialgotori2pno-premineico-1365894
http://vergecurrency.com/
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/verge/#markets
You can find the dev here:
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/verge
Please repply, thanks!

If dev and developers want to pick up the slack, here are your contacts!

i wrote them just now, thanks =]
I was thinking about renting some hash on behalf of the community. We can get this thing moving again and perhaps keep it moving if we continue to get hammered.

Here's what I would.

1) I'll set up an address to be contributed to for "RIG1" (If we continue they'll be a new address for ("Rig2", "Rig3" so it can be clear what's being used for what.)
2) Contribute and PM me the amount sent with TXID and whether you want your mined coins sent back to you or donated to dev. If you want them sent back to you please include an address. Please contribute in multiples of 0.01 to make my life a little easier managing this.
3) I'll let the funds build up a bit and when I see a low price on a good amount of hash, (at least 1 G) I'll completely depleted the wallet and rent for the max amount of time the funds will allow.
4) I'll create a new account and share the user name on supr pool. So everyone can see that it's working. I'll have to look and see what secondary pool would be best.
5) When the rental is complete I'll send each individual the percent earned on that user account based on the percent contributed or donate to dev.
6) If it goes well and everyone is happy we can continue.

I'll provide screenshots or whatever anyone else wants aside from remote access to my pc to confirm I'm doing what I say I'm doing.

Let me know if you guys are interested and I'll see about setting some of this up. What I'm offering is just to manage this, I will keep nothing except my percentage of coins. Renting rigs is pretty much a guaranteed loss so it's speculative mining really. The point is to do our part collectively to keep things moving.

If you contribute and we end up not doing this, I'll send your money back. I know this requires trust so if I screw you all over you can blast me to hell here.
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win!
Wink

Smiley Nice one!
Activity: 1204
Merit: 486
*shrugs* Who knows?
Only the perp knows the why.....and if they're renting alot of or all of that hash....probably spending more than they would realize, even if price really shoots up.
If it's pure malice.....wow. Somebody's pretty po'ed.

I've known the DOGE community to be pretty vicious and petty. I know because I was once one of them.

They don't like competition and they have never liked this coin. I guess that's what happens when something comes along that demonstrates how completely and totally useless you really are.

All we can do is push on and wait for a change. The attention is not a bad thing. I've seen this before.

This attention is great imo

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win!

Wink
Activity: 1204
Merit: 486
again a stall on the network? last block 10+ hours ago.

this explorer isnt working properly, it keeps disconnecting from its peers as you can see at the top in the red error/warning box

Okay, shouldn't you remove it from the OP then (temporary)? link to a non-working website isn't professional

it's working it's just having issues at the moment. it's like removing C-CEX from exchange list just because it froze wallets for a few days due to a technical problem.

legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

this explorer isnt working properly, it keeps disconnecting from its peers as you can see at the top in the red error/warning box

Okay, shouldn't you remove it from the OP then (temporary)? link to a non-working website isn't professional
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
*shrugs* Who knows?
Only the perp knows the why.....and if they're renting alot of or all of that hash....probably spending more than they would realize, even if price really shoots up.

I've known the DOGE community to be pretty vicious and petty. I know because I was once one of them.

They don't like competition and they have never liked this coin. I guess that's what happens when something comes along that demonstrates how completely and totally useless you really are.

All we can do is push on and wait for a change. The attention is not a bad thing. I've seen this before.

LOL this made me chuckle but probably very true Smiley You cant beat Doge at 30 sat..
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
*shrugs* Who knows?

yes, xvg got more attention, hope the Chinese get involved asap.
legendary

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
*shrugs* Who knows?

*shrugs* Who knows?

legendary
*shrugs* Who knows?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
what the real purpose there are people who hitting this network? any idea?  Grin Shocked
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
@CryptoOz
Block is very high difficulty because it was mined at 200 gh/s or so. This is the second time it has happened, reasons behind it could be put to driving down the price, putting fear into buyers, stopping network etc etc. The network is still hashing away and it may take some time to solve the block.

Dev is looking into whether to change difficulty shield as he stated previously.

One thing to note is that this type of action either means someone or something is getting uncomfortable with Verge or they are trying to manipulate the market, as previously mentioned by others in the forum. Drive down price, accumulate and then let price sky rocket.

Some feathers have been ruffled.
legendary
The wallet is out of synch because of the network has no blocks moving.
It's stopped like yesterday.
Just leave it open, when the ahole that's hitting the network with so much hash and frozen it up leaves.....
 we can turn miners to the coin and bust the high difficulty block and get things moving again.

In the mean time it's useless to mine XVG.....you're not doing anything
Jump to: