Author

Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!] - page 608. (Read 843697 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
@CryptoOz

We need visual comparison between the "so called" leaders of anonymity. Like an infographic or something.

Let's spell it out - obviously it needs to be done those who do not understand know no better. Lets educate the wider Crypto Community.

I agree with this. Even though DEV and some others who are active here understand what i2p is, most people don't. People hear i2p tossed around and they don't truly understand why or how it could possibly be more anonymous than TOR. Furthermore, when people hear that Anoncoin is on the i2p network they don't understand how Verge could possibly be more anonymous.  I don't think people want to accept at face value that Verge is truly anonymous; they want to understand WHY it is a truly anonymous coin. This is something that could be illustrated in some kind of diagram or chart.
I also agree. maybe we need to explain to people why their anonymous coin is actually not anonymous. Cool and they have been sold a lie.

yes that definitely needs to happen
Activity: 322
Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

We need visual comparison between the "so called" leaders of anonymity. Like an infographic or something.

Let's spell it out - obviously it needs to be done those who do not understand know no better. Lets educate the wider Crypto Community.

Can someone draw a rough sketch of what the info graph would or should look like? I might be able to get it done if so.

You can pm me the sketch, so no one has to look at your ugly drawing also :-) j/k

it needs to be like:

But Verge Vs Dash Vs Monero etc

NO NO I get that, I would need the actual TEXT INFO that goes into the info graph also because I do not honestly know all the differences between the coins myself, even if someone can type it out here. list all 3 coins and underneath each coin put the pros and cons or features and non-features, just so I have a reference for the actual image. That's what I was talking about, sorry for the confusion.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100

I agree with this. Even though DEV and some others who are active here understand what i2p is, most people don't. People hear i2p tossed around and they don't truly understand why or how it could possibly be more anonymous than TOR. Furthermore, when people hear that Anoncoin is on the i2p network they don't understand how Verge could possibly be more anonymous.  I don't think people want to accept at face value that Verge is truly anonymous; they want to understand WHY it is a truly anonymous coin. This is something that could be illustrated in some kind of diagram or chart.
I also agree. maybe we need to explain to people why their anonymous coin is actually not anonymous. Cool and they have been sold a lie.
@CryptoOz

Can someone draw a rough sketch of what the info graph would or should look like? I might be able to get it done if so.

You can pm me the sketch, so no one has to look at your ugly drawing also :-) j/k

it needs to be like:

But Verge Vs Dash Vs Monero etc

State each tech and how it is not is not anonymous.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
doge build the community with their faucet to spread the words

i think we need to do it

in this case we need partisipations and donations from all community
Activity: 322
Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

@CryptoOz

Activity: 768
Merit: 500
Goying up again!
Activity: 377

The only place to get the best, non-biased crypto news is from @CryptoOz & @CryptoRekt on Twitter.

Aww

Feeling the love baby.

Cheers-
Rekt
 Cool
Activity: 377
Hey Dev,

when will you be using your new Vergedev name now that it is switched over?

i dont know, probably.. i just dont want to use a newbie account lol

Awww

But why not Dev !
you don't want to be called a N00b Again ?

Wink
Activity: 168

The only place to get the best, non-biased crypto news is from @CryptoOz & @CryptoRekt on Twitter.
Activity: 449
don t touch my Bits
Activity: 146
Hey Dev,

he could put it in his sigline or tagline

Well yes maybe in his sig line could be his doged username so he can get out of newbie status with the new vergedev name.  Not sure, just ideas!!  Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009
$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!
Hey Dev,

Hey Dev,

legendary
Will there ever be a .exe file that preconfigures to i2p/tor that works on all Windows systems from XP to 10? No setup instructions, just download and go?

@Dev

can you make it happens dev

and also electrum client  Grin

of course, i made it happen before and ill make it happen again.

check our OP for the tor electrum client. electrum i2p is nearly finished.
This is what I saw on the tor electrum readme, just hoping for some installer without these steps for the user:
1.b) GETTING STARTED WITH WINDOWS

-download this repo as a zip and extract it to where you would like it to run from. https://github.com/xvg/electrum-xvg/archive/master.zip

-download python 2.7 for windows here: https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi

-download Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler for Python 2.7 here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=44266

-download python qt4: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqt/files/PyQt4/PyQt-4.11.3/PyQt4-4.11.3-gpl-Py2.7-Qt4.8.6-x64.exe

-then in ms visual studio command prompt, go into the directory electrum-xvg:

pyrcc4 icons.qrc -o gui/qt/icons_rc.py

py -m pip install pip pyasn1 pyasn1-modules pbkdf2 tlslite qrcode ecdsa ltc_scrypt pyrcc

py setup.py install

py electrum-xvg

this is for electrum. we had a full auto installer windows .exe (and a bash script for linux) for the wallet and i2p for doged, and we'll have one again for XVG.
https://github.com/Darknet-Crypto/Darknet/commit/4c70a57eb52e8807463abdddd59d2f97882e2dfb

lol has anyone seen this?

this coin is just dash renamed to darknet, with darksend renamed to obfuscate. there is no anonymity here, it just mixes, which isn't anonymous at all.

it's 2016, and i thought people pulling this crap was over early last year..   Roll Eyes

Wow that is crazy dev.....we need people to really understand Verge....This should be way way higher than this!!! WOW, how can we market for Verge more to get it out there??

Let's GO!!!!!!!!!!!
legendary
https://github.com/Darknet-Crypto/Darknet/commit/4c70a57eb52e8807463abdddd59d2f97882e2dfb

lol has anyone seen this?

this coin is just dash renamed to darknet, with darksend renamed to obfuscate. there is no anonymity here, it just mixes, which isn't anonymous at all.

it's 2016, and i thought people pulling this crap was over early last year..   Roll Eyes
Activity: 533
Merit: 500
Can you mine Verge using 1.3MHS Gawminers fury ?
If so how to do it ?

Sure you can but once again, I'd strongly recommend the 5 chip gridseeds.

I spotted someone selling eight of them for AU$100 which seems reasonable. Might be a bit if fun, although not sure how I'm going to power them all given that electricity is limited here. Being off-grid has its downfalls sometimes.

Eight of them will only be about 60 Watts. I always just use power supplies salvaged out of old pcs and make my own molex adapters.
Jump to: