Pages:
Author

Topic: [XVG] Verge - Speculation & Discussion - page 93. (Read 243738 times)

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Sounds like it was last of what he was holding and just wanted to end it.
I've been there before on other coins where you just finally say screw it.  Roll Eyes

Still buying XVG though......if it ever goes up and BtC down a little (or hell even better if XVG goes up and Btc stays the same or higher) we can all relax a little.

Weird thing is there's alts out there gaing percentages . 12 coins on 'trex have gained 20% to 50% only a few though have much volume.
Feathercoin has a whopping 115 BtC volume and 27% increase. That's a nice day's performance.

Activity: 318
Merit: 253
Interesting, I thought most people selling cryptos wanted the most for their coins.

Just watched someone earlier dump/sell into 2 sat at Bittrex, while there are buy orders on Cryptopia at 3 sat, and Exchangedi2p at 4 sat.

Huh
Activity: 318
Merit: 253
Essential VERGE listening:

https://www.mixcloud.com/dogedradio/dogeddev-on-dogecoindark-doged/

Dogedarkdev on Rick Stoner's Dogecoindark/Cryptoafterdark Radio podcast last year.

That was a good listen.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Essential VERGE listening:

https://www.mixcloud.com/dogedradio/dogeddev-on-dogecoindark-doged/

Dogedarkdev on Rick Stoner's Dogecoindark/Cryptoafterdark Radio podcast last year.
course... Tor's been around alot longer that btc.

something around...2002? i think it was.

That's true, but the popular consciousness didn't really become aware of it until 2013 because of Snowden...
Activity: 1176
Merit: 501
course... Tor's been around alot longer that btc.

something around...2002? i think it was.

Verge has two hurdles to overcome (and one seems to be overcoming right now) and that's the social acceptance of Bitcoin and Tor.

Grandaddy BTC has finally gained establishment acceptance.
But Bitcoin still isn't even in the consciousness of your every day facebook style internet user.
I ask waitresses and shopkeeps all the time if they take bitcoin just to see if they know what i'm talking about.
Every time i asked though, no one knew what it was, but as i explained it, they all really dug it.
So i'm seeing 2016-2017 as years where bitcoin finally gets into the brains of regular people.
I was able to buy a couple beers at the D hotel in Vegas this year with btc Wink

Hurdle two is Tor and that's our double whammy but also the key to Verge having more success than any other alt. It's going to become apparent to large companies that they would rather not broadcast the IPs of all their customers using the bitcoin blockchain (or any other altchain for that matter). Verge will be available to instantly fill the needs of companies looking to make the most secure and anonymous transactions possible for their customers, not because there is anything to hide, but "because people have a right to privacy" and shouldn't be able to get doxxed on every bitcoin transaction.

But right now Tor has the same stigma bitcoin had in its first few years... Ovvercoming that puts us in an excellent position here.
Bitcoin overcame it, and i see Tor and I2P overcoming negative stigma in a year or two as well.

"Unless you are very careful in the way you use Bitcoin (and you have the technical know-how to use it with other anonymizing technologies like Tor or i2p), you should assume that a persistent, motivated attacker will be able to associate your IP address with your bitcoin transactions." - Gavin Andresen
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
Despair is a good word for it....lol.
Watched around 8 Btc I went all in on become 1.1.
In the mean time that BtC would have been worth over 5 grand this morning.
Have to laugh to keep from crying.
Can only hope things turn around for the better anyway.

Seems to me some BtC shoppers would see some buys in alts with it up over $700 US

Man, that sucks. My condolences. I have a very small stack I bought at arount 20 sat as well, but it is really, really small.

I have the feeling, that the halvening is going to be a bush fire for alt coins, expecially for "classic" alts, i.e. PoW style "just money" currencies, with lots of them effectively being killed off. I suspect, that some will grow back eventually, the question will be which. There are far more "classic" altcoins out there than needed and just a few will be able to get enough momentum for people to get back in. Verge might be one of them, if the dev and others play their cards right. Fresh money is coming in through BTC, and at some point, those people will discover altcoin-trading.

I'm thinking about buying some XVG at 3 sat before the halvening, as a high risk/high reward investment.
Activity: 146
Damn it sucks to see us to continue to decrease in price, when others are stabling and rising with BTC rising.  ETH is staying right around where it has been since the BTC rise.  I would be nice to see us pick up here as well instead of continuing to fall.  Looks like we will be at 2 Sat very very soon, and with more and more coin coming on board we continue to drop Sad  Sucks to see us this low as I never thought we would see these prices.  We are suppose to be this amazing best coin out there yet we are cheaper than no name coins, I don't understand why? And why can't we be higher than others if our tech is the best and better than everyone else.  If we are and we should be way higher than this, why aren't we??  And what can we do too be??
legendary
Despair is a good word for it....lol.
Watched as around 8 Btc I went all in with... become 1.1 BtC .
In the mean time that BtC would have been worth over 5 grand this morning.
Have to laugh to keep from crying.
Can only hope things turn around for the better anyway.

Seems to me some BtC shoppers would see some buys in alts with it up over $700 US
Dxs
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Verge is definitely at the despair stage of a speculation bubble.  You can also tell by the sentiment in this thread.

If bitcoin skyrockets again then you will see alot of upwards movement in the altcoin space.

I would say buying now is wise.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Yeah the price went down not up lol
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
The previous reward halving was a disappointment though. Prices went down by half instead of go up. Really hope this time it won't disappoint.
legendary
Good points made above....and yes BtC is pushing $600 usd.
Hell it may explode to $1000 again, who knows?  Huh

Also - Heads up miners, the next block reward reduction coming up on block 546,000.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
Excellent comments and theories btw everybody.  Been reading today and I think almost all the ideas put out are great ones explaining what has happened.  I think with clear minds the markets should react more rationally.  However there are very large whales out there obviously.  I think the more wealth XVG investors gain through time, the more leverage we will have against whale manipulation.
I speak to him on skype. But his response is always - well the blocks are getting solved so why?

So anyway I stopped asking. I guess this coin is a long time coin and just wait for that to happen. I will still buy at 3sat as I know it will pump eventually and maybe one day become a decent currency on the deep web.

But I guess everyone is happy with the price around 3-4 sat with pumps up to 12 from time to time which it was like when dogecoindark

Yeah it's kind of hard to say while bitcoin is climbing, the price is higher than DogeD prices though just because BTC is worth 2-3x what it was last time we were in this low of a range, so we're still up relative to USD. Bitcoin price will probably retrace after its halving, maybe we will see some flow back into XVG at that point?

I'm definitely not happy with the price, lol, i think we should be trading the 20-30sat range right now. That's my present valuation. 5 sats is so overweight $XVG needs a forklift to pry its ass off the couch.
legendary
I speak to him on skype. But his response is always - well the blocks are getting solved so why?

So anyway I stopped asking. I guess this coin is a long time coin and just wait for that to happen. I will still buy at 3sat as I know it will pump eventually and maybe one day become a decent currency on the deep web.

But I guess everyone is happy with the price around 3-4 sat with pumps up to 12 from time to time which it was like when dogecoindark
verge dev team and community are one of the best in crypto tech. Maybe all they need are some traders...

Absolutely no disagreement there.......exactly why why I thought it would at least go around 80~ 100 sats in its next stage.
Gotta hang with it no doubt.
Guaranteed that if I dumped....it would go to like 250 sats....LOL.  Grin

I agree with that!!! lol

I think POS will pump the price AND get people to hold. Its a no brainer really.

Why is this not an option? I mean really? It would pump it sky high

Gravitate do you ever talk to VergeDEV live in IRC? He's mentioned it a few times, that POS is a possibility but not until we are mining the last of the blocks.

In my opinion POS seems like a logical transition once we get to that point. I'm sure the community will have a chance to vote on it when that time comes.

---

Why is it not being discussed? I think Dev has always taken a one step at a time approach. There's a lot of other things he has lined up that he's been steadily working on and releasing. And jesus he JUST got done converting a scrypt coin to multi-algo across every OS you can think of. The man has a newborn on top of all that! He really is the best Dev in crypto and one of the soundest investment strategies is to invest in the quality of your CEO or in our case the quality of our DEV and his team which is undeniable.

This coin is going to reward patient long term investors. Buy now and hold, dont chase the pump.
legendary
verge dev team and community are one of the best in crypto tech. Maybe all they need are some traders...

Absolutely no disagreement there.......exactly why why I thought it would at least go around 80~ 100 sats in its next stage.
Guaranteed that if I dumped....it would go to like 250 sats....LOL.  Grin

I agree with that!!! lol

I think POS will pump the price AND get people to hold. Its a no brainer really.

Why is this not an option? I mean really? It would pump it sky high
legendary

Guaranteed that if I dumped....it would go to like 250 sats....LOL.  Grin

Pages:
Jump to: