Pages:
Author

Topic: yahoo62278 and Yobit - page 6. (Read 2524 times)

copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 2610
If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!
January 23, 2020, 04:50:20 PM
reserved
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 2610
If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!
January 23, 2020, 04:50:00 PM
In several recent posts, I have vaguely alluded to quiet, behind-the-scenes preparations that I was making to take on the Yobit scam.  My planning was preempted by such public outrage as has been brewing for months, but only broke forth with force within the past 24 hours.

For my part, I am sick of seeing the Yobit scam-company not only advertised, but inexplicably advertised by many decent, otherwise respectable posters.  This last is a significant problem for the health of the forum, insofar as it gives the Yobit ads more credibility than garden-variety sigspam.  And I know that I am not the only one who wants to stop this!

But my planning on this point ran into a significant problem.

Whilst catching up and researching the topic, I noticed that yahoo62278 is currently wearing a Yobit ad.  On the basis of mere common sense, I doubt that that is for the principal purpose of receiving direct payment for the ad; that would be relative chump change for someone whom I reasonably infer must have a long-term business relationship with Yobit.

yahoo62278’s own profile “Yobit Yodollars” signature has the effect of making it wrongly socially acceptable to advertise a scam site; and as a practical matter, others wearing Yobit ads now cannot be tagged without, in fairness, also tagging yahoo62278, plus potentially ~excluding him to help support a mass-tagging action.

I have no quarrel with yahoo, and I don’t want one.  However, the Yobit scam advertising must be stopped one way or another; and whereas I recently said that Yobit advertisers will make their own choices and bear their own consequences, yahoo62278 cannot expect special treatment.  Indeed, such a highly respected forum member must be held to the highest standards.

yahoo62278’s general dealings with Yobit, and the impact thereof on this forum, may present further issues.  I will simply start with the foregoing.

Note:  Archive sites are misbehaving from where I sit.  I think that my pertinent snapshots will eventually show up; I may thereupon edit this post to add appropriate links, and/or to add other links.  Of course, if I substantively edit this, I will first archive it.

Local rules:  To be moderated in my sound discretion.  I believe that in the foregoing, I have set an appropriate tone for addressing a serious problem involving a widely trusted forum member.
Pages:
Jump to: