Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 1% fee solo mining USA/DE 251 blocks solved! - page 463. (Read 1514129 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
can't sign an s-3 in

did allow your pool to be shared now it does not.

also skips you in failover setting any ideas?

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
You could presumably find out, by looking at the IP addresses those workers are connecting from? If there are clumps of machines coming from the same IP address or IP block, it is probably a farm. If they are all individual IP addresses from all over the world, almost certainly a botnet?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
If you're confident it is a botnet, why is it still allowed to use the pool?
Isn't that making you, in some small way, complicit in the misuse of other's resources?
I'm not confident. It could just be load balancing in the extreme with someone simply setting all his machines to 1% quota on this pool for dedicating a tiny amount of their hashrate towards solo mining and there's no way to tell them apart, and that is a valid use of hashes.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
However this guy takes the cake for throwing the most hardware at the pool for the least effectiveness:
Code:
{"hashrate1m": "34.4G", "hashrate5m": "36.3G", "hashrate1hr": "36.3G", "hashrate1d": "37.6G", "hashrate7d": "30.8G", "workers": 2389}
And yes it really does appear he has over 2000 workers. Looks like a botnet. Luckily ckpool can handle tons of connections without breaking into a sweat.

If you're confident it is a botnet, why is it still allowed to use the pool?
Isn't that making you, in some small way, complicit in the misuse of other's resources?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
if am not mistaken this must be cpu miners to be so many and no much hashing as it would have the same result and less electricity with a rockminer 30Ghs...

Waste of resources even if he does not pay for it!!!

Can't be CPU miners. It's an average of ~14GH/s per worker.
Look harder.

Indeed. I'm too used with the TH/s standard.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
if am not mistaken this must be cpu miners to be so many and no much hashing as it would have the same result and less electricity with a rockminer 30Ghs...

Look harder.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
an SP-10 for 48hours http://solo.ckpool.org/users/17d4Cki2U1JQ2n4ZwabGoob2cVpX5W8aXA

Just to test my luck!!!

Good luck ! I had ±26TH for 3 days on the pool and no luck  Cry
Yes it's scary, the more you throw at it the greater your chances, but the chances are still very slim so you stand to lose more as well. One needs to have balls of steel to stick it out...

However this guy takes the cake for throwing the most hardware at the pool for the least effectiveness:
Code:
{"hashrate1m": "34.4G", "hashrate5m": "36.3G", "hashrate1hr": "36.3G", "hashrate1d": "37.6G", "hashrate7d": "30.8G", "workers": 2389}
And yes it really does appear he has over 2000 workers. Looks like a botnet. Luckily ckpool can handle tons of connections without breaking into a sweat.
Activity: 689
Merit: 501
Hy Con.
I think the hashrate1d is not accurate. My miner is working from more than 24 hours and hashrate1d it shows only half of the hash rate.

The time (1 day)  is the time constant for the exponential function, it doesn't just look at "the last 1 day's worth of hashes" which gives a much more stable and accurate value. If you understand exponential functions you'll note it will give you ~63% of the hashrate at precisely 1 day from starting at zero. However over many days it then gives you a much better "rolling average" than the instantaneous type of measurement..
I get it. After about one week of working without interruption will have, let's say 90% or 99% accuracy, depending of the exponential funtion.
I realised that the hashrate7d will increase as time will pass but I was thinking hashrate1d must increase more rapidly. From my point of view hashrate1d should have 95% accuracy after three working days. Just an advice.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hy Con.
I think the hashrate1d is not accurate. My miner is working from more than 24 hours and hashrate1d it shows only half of the hash rate.

The time (1 day)  is the time constant for the exponential function, it doesn't just look at "the last 1 day's worth of hashes" which gives a much more stable and accurate value. If you understand exponential functions you'll note it will give you ~63% of the hashrate at precisely 1 day from starting at zero. However over many days it then gives you a much better "rolling average" than the instantaneous type of measurement..
Activity: 689
Merit: 501
Hy Con.
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
an SP-10 for 48hours http://solo.ckpool.org/users/17d4Cki2U1JQ2n4ZwabGoob2cVpX5W8aXA

Just to test my luck!!!

Good luck ! I had ±26TH for 3 days on the pool and no luck  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
does the version of ckpool run on solo.ckpool.com respond to request-diff?
Yes it responds to both the original described form by slush in mining.suggest_difficulty(diff) and the updated implementation of mining.suggest_difficulty with the diff in the params. Only recent cgminers support this, version 4.7.0+ with the --suggest-diff command.

ok just checking, cuz im presently using BFG for my nanofuries at the moment. and BFGs --request-diff fails :/ while im troubleshooting/ coding

for suggest difficulty to succeed does the connection need to be subscribed AND authorized already? or previous to one of these steps?
BFG ignored the stratum specification and the author invented his own version based on hex targets instead of diff because he didn't like it. It will not work with ckpool which works with a diff as slush originally proposed as the standard.

Funsies, so slush/ckpool use a decimal target while bfg uses a hex target. Fml
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Yes it responds to both the original described form by slush in mining.suggest_difficulty(diff) and the updated implementation of mining.suggest_difficulty with the diff in the params. Only recent cgminers support this, version 4.7.0+ with the --suggest-diff command.

ok just checking, cuz im presently using BFG for my nanofuries at the moment. and BFGs --request-diff fails :/ while im troubleshooting/ coding

for suggest difficulty to succeed does the connection need to be subscribed AND authorized already? or previous to one of these steps?
BFG ignored the stratum specification and the author invented his own version based on hex targets instead of diff because he didn't like it. It will not work with ckpool which works with a diff as slush originally proposed as the standard.

Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Using some expensive heaters
Quick question: I was wondering how it might be possible for 2 members to use the solo mining for, um, teamed-solo mining (or mini-pool)?

In other words, if someone has some decent THashes, but isn't quite sure he can do it with his farm, could we team up with another member to increase our total THashes & increase our odds of scoring a block (Say, 15 TH + 15 TH = 30 THs)?

If so, is there a way we might both be able to get notified/verify the found block?

Thank you in advance!
If you implicitly trust each other you can just mine to the same btc address for that effect. If there's any doubt you can get yourself a multisig address to mine to that you both need to sign separately and both of you mine to that address.

Hey, cool. Thanks for the quick response.

If folks can find an answer that fills the need, I think you might find your little pool to be quite popular! Wink

Armory Wallet supports Multi-sign… is that a solution for you?
https://bitcoinarmory.com/faq/#q15

Nice find, man. I'll check it out...
But, yes... it looks like this could do, from what I see.
Thanks!
Jump to: