Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 1% fee solo mining USA/DE 251 blocks solved! - page 465. (Read 1514129 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hi all, I also recently joined ckpool with one of my antminer s1's that was lying about doing nothing. Might as well use it for the luck factor.

Just one question, I noticed on blockchain that quite a number of blocks were discovered by ckpool during September 2014. It appears that only one (1) block was discovered by ckpool during October 2014. Anybody know the reason for the decrease Huh
Con setup the pool for some pretty large-sized miners in September, which explains the number of found blocks.  As far as I know, only 2 blocks have been solved by "regular" miners here.  One guy had about 5 - 6TH/s here when he found the block, and the other guy had about 9TH/s when he solved it.
The hashrate at that time was over 100x what it is now due to one big mining farm. That said, it makes no difference to individual miners what the total pool hashrate is in terms of each person's chance of finding a block, but it's nice to feel like one of your comrades won a prize.
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Now, I feel small.
4 GH/s, and 180 GH/s. hahahaha but what the hell, if lady luck is on my side, then lucky i will be  Cool Cool Cool

Con setup the pool for some pretty large-sized miners in September, which explains the number of found blocks.  As far as I know, only 2 blocks have been solved by "regular" miners here.  One guy had about 5 - 6TH/s here when he found the block, and the other guy had about 9TH/s when he solved it.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Hi all, I also recently joined ckpool with one of my antminer s1's that was lying about doing nothing. Might as well use it for the luck factor.

Just one question, I noticed on blockchain that quite a number of blocks were discovered by ckpool during September 2014. It appears that only one (1) block was discovered by ckpool during October 2014. Anybody know the reason for the decrease Huh
Con setup the pool for some pretty large-sized miners in September, which explains the number of found blocks.  As far as I know, only 2 blocks have been solved by "regular" miners here.  One guy had about 5 - 6TH/s here when he found the block, and the other guy had about 9TH/s when he solved it.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Another restart. Sorry can't help myself since the pool code keeps improving, and this is a tech demo pool after all. Apart from seeing a little burst of rejects after the restarts you will have not noticed any real interruption to mining, and this time your stats should have been preserved across the restart if you were actively mining at the time. Anyone else's stats will be "frozen in time" from the point the pool was restarted. I'm pretty sure I've addressed all outstanding design considerations for this pool so I'll try my best to resist restarting it again.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
just moved 3 s-3's here .  will move 2 on weds.  bringing me 6 or 3th .

I  will run them until new years day.

if diff jumps stay at 5% I will have a 1 in 10 shot at a block.

my earnings in a shared pool  would be about 2.45 coins so 10 to one is about right.

I moved a couple back http://solo.ckpool.org/users/1JF5kWzMbkGu57WiNXSE9aHE29do2znCgG
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
just moved 3 s-3's here .  will move 2 on weds.  bringing me 6 or 3th .

I  will run them until new years day.

if diff jumps stay at 5% I will have a 1 in 10 shot at a block.

my earnings in a shared pool  would be about 2.45 coins so 10 to one is about right.

Activity: 57
--suggest-diff also supports low starting values now.

many thanks for that ckolivas  Smiley
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Bounced pool once more to incorporate fix for >1024 clients and for the worker count to be correct. In addition I've tried to make user stats preserve across restarts (from here on) as much as possible even if pool stats restart in case of further upgrades. As always mining is only minimally interrupted, probably with a small bunch of rejects. --suggest-diff also supports low starting values now.
legendary
I'm in for a few days with one of my S3 miners. May the dice be rolled.

good luck. here is mine 1 s-3  mining away.

http://solo.ckpool.org/users/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje
Activity: 689
Merit: 501
I'm in for a few days with one of my S3 miners. May the dice be rolled.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Heh, Bitcoin version of the ancient "Nigerian Prince" scam, which has been going long before the internet existed.
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Thanks Philipma1957  Smiley
legendary
guys a new scam.   I mention it here because I got a .0001 btc payment with a note telling me  I was to receive a 16.34 btc payment just go to

https:////bit - safe?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh ----------- altered so you don't try it.

So I went to a safe pc put the website in and it asked me to sign into blockchain info or coinbase  so they could deposit the coins.  We all know they would pull coins out not put them in.

I think they felt using the high number of btc might attract a solo miner.

I googled around and found many addresses on blockchain info got this message today .  so beware.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I've just bounced the pool to make a change to allow more clients to connect.  With the DDoSs that are going on around the place it seems there are a few more people connecting to this pool as a backup and I just wanted to make sure it is ready for them if they switch. You wouldn't have noticed any interruption to your mining but your stats have reset.
cgminer.exe  --anu-freq 250 -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u (my valid bitcoin address) -p x --suggest-diff 2

and now the miner starts with diff 682, what do i have to do that the miner starts with diff 2?
See how it's called "suggest"? The pool's free to ignore it. In this case the pool uses it as a hint and lowers the starting diff compared to the default but it also limits the drop in order to minimise the effect a very large miner can have on pool load. I will probably tweak the pool code's behaviour more there later on but I'm not planning on any pool restarts in the near future for them to take effect.

Ok,  thanks for your answer.   Now i have understand it and it is no problem for me.  Thanks for your great work at cgminer and ckpool. 
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
cgminer.exe  --anu-freq 250 -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u (my valid bitcoin address) -p x --suggest-diff 2

and now the miner starts with diff 682, what do i have to do that the miner starts with diff 2?
See how it's called "suggest"? The pool's free to ignore it. In this case the pool uses it as a hint and lowers the starting diff compared to the default but it also limits the drop in order to minimise the effect a very large miner can have on pool load. I will probably tweak the pool code's behaviour more there later on but I'm not planning on any pool restarts in the near future for them to take effect.
hello,

i put my old usb antminer u2 to the pool, just for fun and to play the game. sometimes i get accepted shares and the pool diff change to 2, but the most time the pool diff stay at 1.02k and i have to wait a very log time before the diff goes down and i get accepted shares and sometimes more than 2 hours nothing happens. i see my worker at the stats, but there is no hashrate when the diff ist at 1.02k. is it poosible to set the diff directly to the diff 2 ?

i start the miner with this parameters: cgminer.exe --anu-freq 250 -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u (my valid bitcoin address) -p x

nice regards,
zapphood
Shares are totally meaningless for solo mining apart from providing you feedback that you're mining since they have no worth whatsoever. However if you really care about the diff and want that feedback immediately, you can use the latest cgminer release or build from the current cgminer git master and use the --suggest-diff feature which only ckpool and cgminer support.

many thanks for the information, i use the last windows cgminer version 4.7.0 from your server and put now the option --suggest-diff to my start.bat

--snip--
--suggest-diff Suggest miner difficulty for pool to user (default: none)
--snap--

sorry, the parameters is in your read file and i dont find it there before. zapphood rtfm ;-)

Code:
--snip--
cgminer version 4.7.0 - Started: [2014-10-25 16:02:20]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):2.027G (1m):1.990G (5m):1.718G (15m):971.7M (avg):1.987Gh/s
 A:682  R:0  HW:4  WU:24.6/m
 Connected to solo.ckpool.org diff 682 with stratum as user (my valid bitcoin address)
 Block: 152649d1...  Diff:36G  Started: [16:02:20]  Best share: 908
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [U]SB management [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 0: ANU 0       :                         | 2.013G / 1.987Gh/s WU:24.6/m
 [2014-10-25 16:02:14] Started cgminer 4.7.0
 [2014-10-25 16:02:19] Probing for an alive pool
 [2014-10-25 16:02:20] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 1024
 [2014-10-25 16:02:20] Pool 0 message: Authorised, welcome to solo.ckpool.org (my valid bitcoin address)!
 [2014-10-25 16:02:20] Pool 0 difficulty changed to 682
 [2014-10-25 16:02:20] Network diff set to 36G
 [2014-10-25 16:07:59] Accepted 4833897a Diff 908/682 ANU 0
---snap--

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
hello,

i put my old usb antminer u2 to the pool, just for fun and to play the game. sometimes i get accepted shares and the pool diff change to 2, but the most time the pool diff stay at 1.02k and i have to wait a very log time before the diff goes down and i get accepted shares and sometimes more than 2 hours nothing happens. i see my worker at the stats, but there is no hashrate when the diff ist at 1.02k. is it poosible to set the diff directly to the diff 2 ?

i start the miner with this parameters: cgminer.exe --anu-freq 250 -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u (my valid bitcoin address) -p x

nice regards,
zapphood
Shares are totally meaningless for solo mining apart from providing you feedback that you're mining since they have no worth whatsoever. However if you really care about the diff and want that feedback immediately, you can use the latest cgminer release or build from the current cgminer git master and use the --suggest-diff feature which only ckpool and cgminer support.
hello,

--snip--
{"hashrate1m": "0", "hashrate5m": "0", "hashrate1hr": "0", "hashrate1d": "16.4M", "hashrate7d": "22M", "workers": 1}
--snap--

nice regards,
zapphood
Jump to: