Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining 256 blocks solved! - page 214. (Read 91394 times)

Activity: 1194
Merit: 573
OGRaccoon
No point to cry over spilt milk at the end of the day.

And it's refreshing seeing so much support for CK and the pool while some parts of the forum have gone to shit this is one area community spirit lives on!!

Lets get that magic block number 256!!

Wink
Activity: 56
Merit: 4
Got an S15 in low power mode mining solo.  A shame this machine is no longer profitable with the halving.  Maybe when Bitcoin skyrockets.  Smiley

I'm running 3x S9 and 3x S15 at full power, mining at a loss but hoping for a win to compensate, until the power bill gets too high I'm gonna keep on keeping on. But my bill is about 1/3 of my monthly paycheck now.
Activity: 90
Merit: 12
Nice to see that the Block propagation issue doesn't caused bad blood here.

Also very nice to see that the miners here united to pay up at least the server fees  Smiley   ...  I feel a little bit ashamed that i'm not also pay 0.01 right know for the server. But i will do so, as soon as possible  Wink

I'm not sure what to think about the "rainy day fund"  ... since it's not much in relation to a lost Block! Maybe better save all for the server or donate it to -ck for maintenance ...  just a thought.

So, rest in peace ckpool.org, together with my herp, derp and postponed not yet existing "coins"    Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Purchase for new server has been confirmed. I've purchased a year's worth since I can't see the demand for this pool dying any time soon now. Should take 3 days for them to provision the hardware I requested, then a couple of days to get the pool up and running, all going well. Note that as exciting as this is for me, you miners won't notice anything different whatsoever. However, the relatively east USA positioning of the server I've confirmed means that DE miners will be over 60ms ping time better off than they were, and probably under 100ms total. That means that both EU and US miners will have low latency to the pool, obviating the need for a DE server, so best of both worlds for the bulk of the miners.

Nice. with willie from germany 🇩🇪 pledging more funds to rainy day fund.

we will be able to cover server costs for quite a while.

Things are looking up.

Hey guys lets hit a block.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Purchase for new server has been confirmed. I've purchased a year's worth since I can't see the demand for this pool dying any time soon now. Should take 3 days for them to provision the hardware I requested, then a couple of days to get the pool up and running, all going well. Note that as exciting as this is for me, you miners won't notice anything different whatsoever. However, the relatively east USA positioning of the server I've confirmed means that DE miners will be over 60ms ping time better off than they were, and probably under 100ms total. That means that both EU and US miners will have low latency to the pool, obviating the need for a DE server, so best of both worlds for the bulk of the miners.
Activity: 210
Merit: 34
To be the man, you gotta beat the man...... WOOOOO
Got an S15 in low power mode mining solo.  A shame this machine is no longer profitable with the halving.  Maybe when Bitcoin skyrockets.  Smiley
legendary

the wallet shows the balance as 0.0193615

see screen shot

Note :

we would still want to get some more coin over time.  the rainy day fund is 0.0193615

so if you want you can put a bit more in over the next few days, or weeks ,or even months.

this will be the address to fund :

https://btc1.trezor.io/address/1F8JWHPVt2FzxeAyPDUP4hmeRPweJZEFYj

1F8JWHPVt2FzxeAyPDUP4hmeRPweJZEFYj
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 2663
Escrow Service
here is our new BTC Lottary Mining Run --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/canceld-bitcoin-group-mining-let-us-burn-a-block-10-phs-reloaded-16-5248106
Feel free to join us. We support the CK Solo Pool by this Run with a 0,005 BTC donation.

maybe we donate 0,005 BTC with every run, if the participants don't disagree with that.

Best regards from germany our german BTC Lottery Master  Grin
Willi
Activity: 3
Merit: 13
I'm new to bitcoin mining and your pool, but reading through posts I can see that a lot of people have a lot of respect for you and the work that you have put in.  If I somehow happen across a block on your pool I want you to take 10% for your effort.  I'd like  you to use half of it to improve the pool and the other half for hookers and cocaine.  Here's the address I'm mining with 1PzUGXKsyubiAy8dJ1Hx98LZ93yLqofrA2
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
As planned, I've added the following line to the home page for the solo pool:
This is a NOT-FOR-PROFIT pool, all care is taken but no responsibility is taken in the event of an issue with the pool
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
-ck, I suppose the solo.ckpool.org:3333 url will remain the same after the server migration right? I know you won't be renting another server in EU zone, but is there a way to bind the de.ckpool to the new server somehow?

The reason is that I have personally used (stratum+tcp://de.ckpool.org:443) and (stratum+tcp://de.ckpool.org:3333) on hundreds of mining gears as a back up (secondary pool) when I set up mining gears for my clients, I can change the once I have access to, but it will be a pain in the ass to provide support to every other client/friend whom I helped setting up their miners, I am sure many other members who use the de server will face the same issue, please see if you can keep that URL functioning on the same U.S server.
Yes it's fine. It's already doing that as is. I can just leave the DNS entry of all of them pointing to the same pool which is what's currently set up.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
It seems there was a 6 minute network outage at the pool a short while ago. Looks like we need that new server sooner rather than later. I've placed my order but it will probably take a while from here due to administrative payment confirmation crap in addition to the deployment time.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
-ck, I suppose the solo.ckpool.org:3333 url will remain the same after the server migration right? I know you won't be renting another server in EU zone, but is there a way to bind the de.ckpool to the new server somehow?

The reason is that I have personally used (stratum+tcp://de.ckpool.org:443) and (stratum+tcp://de.ckpool.org:3333) on hundreds of mining gears as a back up (secondary pool) when I set up mining gears for my clients, I can change the once I have access to, but it will be a pain in the ass to provide support to every other client/friend whom I helped setting up their miners, I am sure many other members who use the de server will face the same issue, please see if you can keep that URL functioning on the same U.S server.

Thanks.

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Thanks. I can see the transaction appear in my wallet already.

Just for grins I prioritised it at the solo pool. If by some miracle we find a block before it gets confirmed, the pool itself will be guaranteed to be the one to mine the transaction

Code:
2020-05-12T22:36:24.141916Z PrioritiseTransaction: 6826fc41bd009649a5ac69bc43a266522c496f8802d40ca21418691408a5b5f7 feerate += 1.00

hey do it for this one also

https://btc1.trezor.io/tx/39013ededb5ca443dbabcaffaa4f3909976a81fe826cc4367807f3a0063d89b3

its in the rainy day fund and fee was too low      viabtc won't let me accelerate it.
Done, though you know how unlikely it is we find a block any time soon.

Anyone else while I'm at it?
legendary

Just for grins I prioritised it at the solo pool. If by some miracle we find a block before it gets confirmed, the pool itself will be guaranteed to be the one to mine the transaction

Code:
2020-05-12T22:36:24.141916Z PrioritiseTransaction: 6826fc41bd009649a5ac69bc43a266522c496f8802d40ca21418691408a5b5f7 feerate += 1.00

hey do it for this one also

https://btc1.trezor.io/tx/39013ededb5ca443dbabcaffaa4f3909976a81fe826cc4367807f3a0063d89b3

its in the rainy day fund and fee was too low      viabtc won't let me accelerate it.

I remember the old days on this pool the  blocks were worth 25 coins and a coin was only 150, 200 bucks .
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Code:
legendary
Thanks guys, I'm really touched by your contributions. This is the community side that got me here in the first place, before the asic era turned everything to shit.

Phil has the correct address above. Just confirming 3GxjTZeFeQ6Yo8hRPpTyYKXs4RAj6x97Bt is where I'd like the funds to go.

just paid a huge fee amazing 60 sats

https://btc1.trezor.io/tx/6826fc41bd009649a5ac69bc43a266522c496f8802d40ca21418691408a5b5f7

https://btc1.trezor.io/address/3GxjTZeFeQ6Yo8hRPpTyYKXs4RAj6x97Bt

so with this wallet they move the left over coins out of original address

has 0.01 in donations. fee sent was really small this may never clear  we will see

and this address https://btc1.trezor.io/address/17JgeZrjHtzF944FGmT1nZnXZN7so7YUFp

has 0.0093615

the wallet shows the balance as 0.0193615

see screen shot

Note :

we would still want to get some more coin over time.  the rainy day fund is 0.0193615

so if you want you can put a bit more in over the next few days, or weeks ,or even months.

this will be the address to fund :

1F8JWHPVt2FzxeAyPDUP4hmeRPweJZEFYj
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
So just to be clear, is it ok to mine on CK Pool Solo pre and during the transition to the new server, or will the move cause a disruption?  Also, will any of the addresses change?

I would guess there will be some downtime during the switch but i'm sure CK will let us know what will happen once he's ready with the new sever.

You can keep mining at all times. Unlike a shared pool there is no share state that matters, so even with downtime and a completely new server and even if you change address, it makes no difference to your chance of finding a block or your reward.

There will actually be no downtime either, as I'll make sure the servers overlap in their running and will automatically switch you all to the new server when the time comes. It will probably be 4 or 5 days as it takes a few days to provision the hardware and then I need to get the server up and running, but I'm so touched by the community's donation that I will endeavour to do it as quickly as possible.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Thanks guys, I'm really touched by your contributions. This is the community side that got me here in the first place, before the asic era turned everything to shit.

Phil has the correct address above. Just confirming 3GxjTZeFeQ6Yo8hRPpTyYKXs4RAj6x97Bt is where I'd like the funds to go.
legendary
pm sent here is a copy.  it is my pm sent so I can show it here.

Hi

-ck we have 0.09 btc to send for server fees for six months.

Note that if you do not find a block, you get no reward at all with solo mining.
2% goes to 1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ to operate the pool and contribute to further ckpool code development.

Would like to send you the coin do you want the address above.

The coin is in a trezor legacy wallet so will the address above be good for you.

Note I will also put a copy of this in the main thread.

waiting on a reply.

-ck has ask for funds to go to

3GxjTZeFeQ6Yo8hRPpTyYKXs4RAj6x97Bt

I will post asap with transaction.   damn fees are really high.
Jump to: