Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining 256 blocks solved! - page 211. (Read 91445 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
hello again,sorry dear c.k.,i did hard reset for both my antminers and my router.but unfortunately the problem is still immutable.i tested 3333 and 443 ports,changed the btc addresses and used all 3 of btc addresses like segwit and legacy and...but the miners status is showing "DEAD" yet.please any suggestion...

thank you
I don't know, but there's probably a routing problem between where you are and the pool is. I've had one miner from Iran report the same thing to me elsewhere, so perhaps some places don't route properly to where the pool is.

If you're on linux you can check your routing with the following command:
mtr --report -w solo.ckpool.org

Additionally you might try solo4.ckpool.org or solo6.ckpool.org instead of solo.ckpool.org . Possibly it is trying to route through IPV6 and failing.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
hello again,sorry dear c.k.,i did hard reset for both my antminers and my router.but unfortunately the problem is still immutable.i tested 3333 and 443 ports,changed the btc addresses and used all 3 of btc addresses like segwit and legacy and...but the miners status is showing "DEAD" yet.please any suggestion...i saw correctly my antminers status pages and noticed those DIFF boxes are blank!is this my problem?if yes so what should i do?

thank you
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
so i dont need any changing in miner configuration,right?miner config is still "solo.ckpool.org:3333 or 443" and btc address as username?
Correct. Exactly the same configuration.
so i dont need any changing in miner configuration,right?miner config is still "solo.ckpool.org:3333 or 443" and btc address as username?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
my antminers do not work after halving.sometimes those are connected but after a while miners status show DEAD!i read previous pages and noticed some changes in server and...but i did not understand what should i do?im on "solo.ckpool.org:3333"

please any help or advise
The pool has moved to a new location and has new IP addresses as a result, and all the alternate locations (de, cn) have been shut down so you can only mine directly to the solo pool now. You may need to hard reboot your antminers if they still have the old IP addresses and aren't updating, or reboot your router if that's responsible for using the old address.
my antminers do not work after halving.sometimes those are connected but after a while miners status show DEAD!i read previous pages and noticed some changes in server and...but i did not understand what should i do?im on "solo.ckpool.org:3333"

please any help or advise

thank you
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
[...]

[...]

The IPv4 subnet of 104.16.0.0/12, which includes NiceHash's IPv4 address of 104.17.254.46 and Mining Rig Rentals's IPv4 address of 104.26.0.61, belongs to Cloudflare. The IPv6 subnet of 2606:4700::/32, which includes NiceHash's IPv6 address of 2606:4700::6811:ff2e and Mining Rig Rentals's IPv6 address of 2606:4700:20::681a:3d, also belongs to Cloudflare. Therefore, the most plausible reason for why the measured latency from the pool to those hosts were so remarkably low isn't that NiceHash's and Mining Rig Rentals's servers are in the same datacenter as the pool, but that the ICMP echo request packets sent by the pool to those addresses were directed to Cloudflare's CDN instead of the upstream hosts. The latency measurements by -ck are therefore meaningless, as -ck measured the latency to Cloudflare's CDN, which most likely has a network of nodes in the same datacenter as the pool, instead of NiceHash's and Mining Rig Rental's upstream hosts.

If your network supports IPv6, then I recommend using IPv6 instead of IPv4. Routing and packet processing are more efficient with IPv6, which therefore theoretically results in better overall network performance. And since both NiceHash and Mining Rig Rentals also rely on Cloudflare's DNS infrastructure, you would do well to set Cloudflare's public DNS resolver as your network's DNS resolver. It may help to shave a few milliseconds when resolving NiceHash's and Mining Rig Rental's domain names. For the more adventurous folks, you may also want to consider running OpenWrt on your network routers and then running Stubby for OpenWrt with Cloudflare's public DNS resolver as its upstream resolver. If you do run Stubby for OpenWrt, then I recommend forcing its use of TLS 1.3 and disabling Stubby's round-robin scheduling of upstream resolvers. And while you're at it, you may also want to consider running luci-app-sqm to help mitigate bufferbloat, which in turn helps to improve network performance under load.

Thanks. I thought it was suspicious that both were effectively the same place. Nonetheless, for my routing from here to the solo pool is faster with IPV4 despite IPV6's potential advantages, so at least for miners from home I suggest they test before mining for themselves since there is no cloudflare in front of the pool.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
These numbers are not exactly bad with the general use of the internet, with mining that could be a lot, or is that ok?
In my opinion, anything under 200ms is fine.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
SURPRISE
You've all been transparently migrated to the new server without any interruption

Well done CK, sadly the server seems a bit too far from my location, ping results are bad, ran a longer ping -t and had a 1% packet loss.

here is the traceroute

Hop 10 to 11 (EU to US) is a long way  Embarrassed.

These numbers are not exactly bad with the general use of the internet, with mining that could be a lot, or is that ok?
Activity: 351
Merit: 410
[...]

[...]

The IPv4 subnet of 104.16.0.0/12, which includes NiceHash's IPv4 address of 104.17.254.46 and Mining Rig Rentals's IPv4 address of 104.26.0.61, belongs to Cloudflare. The IPv6 subnet of 2606:4700::/32, which includes NiceHash's IPv6 address of 2606:4700::6811:ff2e and Mining Rig Rentals's IPv6 address of 2606:4700:20::681a:3d, also belongs to Cloudflare. Therefore, the most plausible reason for why the measured latency from the pool to those hosts were so remarkably low isn't that NiceHash's and Mining Rig Rentals's servers are in the same datacenter as the pool, but that the ICMP echo request packets sent by the pool to those addresses were directed to Cloudflare's CDN instead of the upstream hosts. The latency measurements by -ck are therefore meaningless, as -ck measured the latency to Cloudflare's CDN, which most likely has a network of nodes in the same datacenter as the pool, instead of NiceHash's and Mining Rig Rental's upstream hosts.

If your network supports IPv6, then I recommend using IPv6 instead of IPv4. Routing and packet processing are more efficient with IPv6, which therefore theoretically results in better overall network performance. And since both NiceHash and Mining Rig Rentals also rely on Cloudflare's DNS infrastructure, you would do well to set Cloudflare's public DNS resolver as your network's DNS resolver. It may help to shave a few milliseconds when resolving NiceHash's and Mining Rig Rental's domain names. For the more adventurous folks, you may also want to consider running OpenWrt on your network routers and then running Stubby for OpenWrt with Cloudflare's public DNS resolver as its upstream resolver. If you do run Stubby for OpenWrt, then I recommend forcing its use of TLS 1.3 and disabling Stubby's round-robin scheduling of upstream resolvers. And while you're at it, you may also want to consider running luci-app-sqm to help mitigate bufferbloat, which in turn helps to improve network performance under load.
Activity: 210
Merit: 34
To be the man, you gotta beat the man...... WOOOOO
I am going to donate some of my free time, instead of satoshis. Currently I am working on dashboards for CKpool.
You can see current progress here: http://35.226.27.67:3000/d/_afS1cRMk/ckpool-home

There are two dashboards:

It is in development state, so there can be some downtime. If anyone have any suggestion, if there is something missing, redundant, or some bug, feel free to tell.

Very nice.  Added my address - very sleek design.
Activity: 444
Merit: 15
I think we need to hit a block or two, just to confirm that the new dashboard works properly.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I probably still dont understand. What is the point of showing decimal places? "pool.status" endpoint seems to return just integer for attribute "diff". Today the value jumped directly from "114.0" to "115.0" with no decimal steps.
Oh that's my fault then because it's rounded to 3 significant digits. Integer is fine sorry.
Activity: 16
Merit: 52
Thanks -ck. I have changed difficulty graph to discrete values, is it what you meant?
It should be 1 decimal place for the difficulty graph.
I probably still dont understand. What is the point of showing decimal places? "pool.status" endpoint seems to return just integer for attribute "diff". Today the value jumped directly from "114.0" to "115.0" with no decimal steps.

I was thinking about next steps. Grafana have really nice system for alerting/alarming. It would be fairly easy to setup some notification (Eg to telegram), when block is found (emited when diff changes to 0), if it makes sence to you.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Thanks -ck. I have changed difficulty graph to discrete values, is it what you meant?
It should be 1 decimal place for the difficulty graph.
Activity: 16
Merit: 52
Thanks -ck. I have changed difficulty graph to discrete values, is it what you meant? And increased minimum refresh interval to 1 minute on both dashboards.
Activity: 4
Astounding!  Just astounding.  400 plus pages over "there" (a lot which I read) and 19 over "here".  You guys are so far beyond my
capabilities it's astounding!  Hmmmmm............did I already say that?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I am going to donate some of my free time, instead of satoshis. Currently I am working on dashboards for CKpool.
You can see current progress here: http://35.226.27.67:3000/d/_afS1cRMk/ckpool-home

There are two dashboards:

It is in development state, so there can be some downtime. If anyone have any suggestion, if there is something missing, redundant, or some bug, feel free to tell.
This is a fantastic effort and looks great. A couple of things - the pool difficulty seems to move in integer increments on the graph so jumped up by one moving from 114 to 115%. The default refresh time is set to 30 seconds, but the pool's own stats only update every 60 seconds so that's unnecessary. Other than that, great work!
Activity: 637
Merit: 131
NICE NICE. i like it alot
added my addy to the list
love being nosey with stats
Jump to: