Pages:
Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining 256 blocks solved! - page 84. (Read 90974 times)

Activity: 592
Merit: 151
New to this.  Bought a futurebit apollo btc to try it out.  It keeps showing inactive for my status connection to ckpool.  Does anyone know why?

You must have your pool configured incorrectly.

Use this as your pool url:

stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333

Then enter your BTC address . miner name... For an example on the Username if my worker name was ApolloBTC01 I would enter  bc1qzmntuax0kgys5elzwcn6sj04yxxxxxxx.ApolloBTC01

And enter a lower case x as the password.

Then save and restart the apollo and you should be mining.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
New to this.  Bought a futurebit apollo btc to try it out.  It keeps showing inactive for my status connection to ckpool.  Does anyone know why?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Looking through the logs I can see one miner submitting mostly rejects - all below target level, suggesting dodgy firmware on his hardware, but I don't see anything else untoward. That might be enough on its own. I suggest each individual user check their own stats and see if their hashrate at the pool reflects their hardware - ckpool reports hashrate based ONLY on accepted shares.
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
Question for you all. I was looking at the solo pool stats and noticed the number of rejected shares versus total shares accepted.

"accepted": 24575964250308, "rejected": 8543041616789,

Is it normal to have such a high ratio of rejected to accepted shares? It's almost 35%.

Just curious...

It's not normal, it's likely shitty asic firmware. If the reported hashrate is still fine and consistent with the hardware then just ignore it, it means it's submitting shares below difficulty or something stupid.

So there's enough shitty firmware out there running in miners solo mining on this pool to cause over 1/3 of the total shares submitted by the entire solo pool to be rejected? That seems crazy! I could understand if a small portion of the miners connected to the pool had that issue but over 1/3 of our shares submitted are being rejected. Is this due to rentals maybe?

I'm not an expert by any stretch in this area which is why I'm trying to understand more about it. It just seems like a very gross inefficiency if 1/3 of our total shares on the solo pool as a whole are being rejected.
It's probably one miner, likely a rental related phenomenon. I might investigate.

Thank you ck. I'm curious what you find. Looking at it today, rejected total seems to still be ticking up quickly. If our average hash rate since the last block was let's say 15PH, it's concerning if we, as a "pool", had 5PH worth of those shares rejected. Something just doesn't seem right but again, I'm not an expert in this.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Question for you all. I was looking at the solo pool stats and noticed the number of rejected shares versus total shares accepted.

Is it normal to have such a high ratio of rejected to accepted shares? It's almost 35%.

Just curious...

It's not normal, it's likely shitty asic firmware. If the reported hashrate is still fine and consistent with the hardware then just ignore it, it means it's submitting shares below difficulty or something stupid.

So there's enough shitty firmware out there running in miners solo mining on this pool to cause over 1/3 of the total shares submitted by the entire solo pool to be rejected? That seems crazy! I could understand if a small portion of the miners connected to the pool had that issue but over 1/3 of our shares submitted are being rejected. Is this due to rentals maybe?

I'm not an expert by any stretch in this area which is why I'm trying to understand more about it. It just seems like a very gross inefficiency if 1/3 of our total shares on the solo pool as a whole are being rejected.
It's probably one miner, likely a rental related phenomenon. I might investigate.

Just curious...

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

Just curious...

Ck, I think you are referring to the Ckpool Pool data, now marked as rejected 8544606234606 and accepted 25021741637908.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Just curious...

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I would add that CKPool has been almost two months with an average of 19P more or less without hitting a block, could it be due to the increase of the difficulty in these last months?

I think that 19P is like 190 asics of 100Th/s and it scares me to believe that it takes so many machines to not hit a block in 2 months.
Nope, it's just because 19P is a piddly small amount of hashrate. The difficulty increases have only been modest recently.

Just curious...

Good questiong¡¡

I would add that CKPool has been almost two months with an average of 19P more or less without hitting a block, could it be due to the increase of the difficulty in these last months?

I think that 19P is like 190 asics of 100Th/s and it scares me to believe that it takes so many machines to not hit a block in 2 months.

Just curious...

Activity: 1
Hi, I am attempting to run the setupsoloproxy.sh on ubuntu and ckproxy is missing. I checked the http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/soloproxy and ckproxy is missing from the directory as well. Can someone please help me run the script? Is there a step by step direction I can use? or connect with the author?

Please help! I can send snapshots is the ask in unclear.

Thank you in advance.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 2663
Escrow Service
This is private question. Need direct contact of support.

Than use a PM direkt to CK  Grin
Activity: 47
This is private question. Need direct contact of support.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hi!
Where get contacts support of this pool?
In IRC not answer.
You are in the support thread. Ask your question.
Activity: 47
Hi!
Where get contacts support of this pool?
In IRC not answer.
legendary
Escrow Service
Other OS or set a parameter to transmit more or less data…
It is depending on your client or your setting what you have made.

Best regards,
Willi

Is it important, should I fix it somehow?
Here is all ok, nothing to fix  Grin
If you send more bytes per ping, you can check your line and the route how are the testresult if you send more data. That ist more for troubleshooting…
Think it is all ok what I see

Best regards,
Willi

Is it important, should I fix it somehow?
legendary
Escrow Service

Best regards,
Willi
Haciendo ping a solo.ckpool.org [51.81.56.15] con 32 bytes de datos:
Respuesta desde 51.81.56.15: bytes=32 tiempo=116ms TTL=51
Respuesta desde 51.81.56.15: bytes=32 tiempo=116ms TTL=51
Respuesta desde 51.81.56.15: bytes=32 tiempo=115ms TTL=51
Respuesta desde 51.81.56.15: bytes=32 tiempo=115ms TTL=51

I have this data, which range would be the best to follow in CKPool?

That's fine. Up to 150ms should still be fine.

Why do I see 32 Bytes and the data shown are 64 Bytes?
Pages:
Jump to: