Pages:
Author

Topic: You can actually buy a lot of things with Bitcoin - page 12. (Read 1725 times)

Activity: 552
Merit: 250
Yes you are right we consider bitcoin is one of our currency but is currency of the world that can use of anybody in any transaction. Bitcoin was a big help to those who dont have time to buy outside or to shopping but using bitcoin even you buy outside of the country you can transact using this kind of type of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is just a virtual currency, but it is used as real money to buy many things. There are many people who accept Bitcoin payments for items, including online stores and regular stores. Popular online stores accept Bitcoins including Newegg, Overstock, Microsoft, Dell and more.

In the United States, there are Reeds Jewelers, One Shot Hotels, Holiday Inn, and even pizza locations, restaurants and more. You can even use Bitcoin to buy addictive drugs, gambling, bullion, or even donate to charity. This is the reason why I like BTC.
It is good to know.I'm so jealous of your country.i wish i would live there.Imagine you go shopping without any currency in your wallet.But not here in my country,they think bitcoin is one of the scam.Even the Government don't know yet about bitcoin.When i heard the news its always says careful for the bitcoin because it may lose your capital.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
yes we can buy a lot of things because of bitcoin but necessaryly if we do not know how to save our invest in bitcoin we start again to nothing....here in philippines bitcoin will pay us a peso so everytime that we accept our invest in bitcoin we did not control our self to buy every thing that we want therefor we losses our invest so we must think it first,we need to save our invest be practical and we wiser.....
Activity: 336
Merit: 107
Yes i think so, but i hope someday the online shops here in Philippines will accept Btc as payment. And also btc transactions cost too much, i hope it will go  down too.
If online shops use btc as a payment here in our Philippines, i doubt it. Just because bitcoin is volatile when it come to its value. It cant be stable. So if that will be granted, for sure many of us will not use btc because of a great loss when the value keep on falling down and when you buy it for a higher price.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
We must understand that Bitcoin is not anonymous in the sense that people are expecting. How Bitcoin is accepted in many sectors in many countries but the volume of transactions is much lower due to multiple reasons such as high transaction fees and confirmation time. It makes difficult especially in the offline market to use Bitcoin for paying the bills for goods or services. We don't have that network of merchants accepting Bitcoin on a global level but I do see the very optimistic picture in the coming years where Bitcoin will be usable for microtransactions too.
When bitcoin transactions were cheap there was not a lot of people using bitcoin, now that the amount of users has gone up now we have expensive fees that make it impossible to accept bitcoin transactions, so we have never had an scenario were we had cheaper fees and huge demand, but this is coming soon with the lightning network and when that happens the amount of business accepting bitcoin will skyrocket.
Activity: 269
Merit: 10
Decentralized Transportation Solution
Yes I agree with that, but there are specific country who can accept bitcoin as their payment. Because in my country which is Philippines, they can no longer accept bitcoin as a payment of an item so that we need to convert it in real money to buy things that you want. But I know someday that my country will accept bitcoin as a payment.
Activity: 588
Bitcoin is just a virtual currency, but it is used as real money to buy many things. There are many people who accept Bitcoin payments for items, including online stores and regular stores. Popular online stores accept Bitcoins including Newegg, Overstock, Microsoft, Dell and more.

In the United States, there are Reeds Jewelers, One Shot Hotels, Holiday Inn, and even pizza locations, restaurants and more. You can even use Bitcoin to buy addictive drugs, gambling, bullion, or even donate to charity. This is the reason why I like BTC.

Yes I can actually buy all things l want in bitcoin. Beginning when  get my salary in bitcoin l pay my lend money's and I support my children to school. Im really thankful that bitcoin help me because I'm single mom so l don't have company to support my kids. And here's bitcoin really helps me,and l know not only me helping bitcoin.There so many people hoping on bitcoin now because bitcoin gives income to us.Bitcoin now is the hope of nations because it gives income.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Bitcoin should go anywhere applepay goes. Although applypay is used from one's credit card, the same technology on the iPhone allows for bitcoin, and most of the other cryptocurrencies.

Applepay is accepted in Trader Joe's, and Mcdolandls, where bitcoin is not. Also, it does not appear bitcoin, and ethereum is not being accepted by retailers to purchase groceries. Also, why are retailers hesitant to adopt bitcoin, as if it's an untrusted currency?

Buying from overstock, cannabis, and yachts is just not a real use for bitcoin, where we see this wider use of cryptocurrency not happening.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 425

This is actually true. Nowadays, bitcoin became flexible. Allowing lots of transaction to happen, in qn internet basis or a real life transaction. But what differs with this transactions is the fact that you are simply using a virtual money. Which means you can't see it in actual. Though that is the case, still its value is so highh than any fiats face value.
Activity: 350
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

And these list is further increases as years goes buy and as cryptocurrency market continuously booming and flooding with investors and users. I think by the time bitcoin become stable would be the time that cryptocurrencies would be widely accepted as common as a regular currency.
Activity: 712
Merit: 15
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
As time goes by, btc is becoming a more acceptable currency globally. I think btc is currently acceptable in over 42 000 000 online stores.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

It may come as a surprise but the world isn't revolving around the USA. I mean it's all fine that there are so many merchants accepting it in your country but here in Europe it's almost impossible to buy something directly with Bitcoin. Even gift cards that you can buy in the US for sites like Amazon.com don't work for Amazon.uk, or Amazon.de. It's a shame Europe is so far behind.
Adoption is not going to happen in all places at the same time, it is normal that some countries adopt new technologies first, for example in japan they love new technology and when we take into account the economic experimentation being made by their government then it makes sense that bitcoin was accepted the fastest there, the US is full of people with independent thoughts and ideas so I'm not surprised the adoption in the US is big as well. But in other countries adoption will be way slower due to different factors, like economic prosperity, a necessity to adapt and even cultural differences.
Activity: 686
Merit: 282
BTC saved my holidays in 2017. I did not have money for gifts. Thanks to BTC, my whole family was gifted. It's something unbelievable Smiley.
Activity: 266

while i agree with some of your points, i really do not think that this can apply to every crypto lover/user here in the forum or in the crypto world as a whole since not a lot of countries yet accept bitcoins let alone their stores and service providers. in fact, some countries even restrict their people from using bitcoins and any other crypto currencies out there. not to mention all those countries that do not have stable internet connections. this truly is something that can only be available for selected countries and people. but even so, there are still a couple of ways around this problem. that is, if the person really does want to use crypto currencies for these purposes. good topic though Smiley
ukw
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
Yes, it is. Even the coffee shop that I take coffee every morning accepts payments with the BTC.
It is a great pleasure for me and I hope more and more places start to do this.  Smiley
Activity: 446
Merit: 13

Hi there SherryHurry! Yeah your right, there are even restaurant that accept bitcoin, have you seen the KFC advertisement, I just hope I live there to try of the chicken bought thru bitcoin is much more tastier than fiat based chicken price. lol. Anyway, one of I think that would surely accelerate more is that if ebay or amazon start to accept bitcoin as a payment, I can't imagine how good it is. I never bought physical items using bitcoin, I always use it as payment for services.  Wink  
Activity: 378
When Football meets Crypto
Here in our country they are still few who allow to pay bitcoin directly. Since KYC and UBER start it maybe some other stablishment will follow their stop and keep our dreams come true.

Now a days, most of the famous online store companies are already having a payment method of cryptocurrency and there's a news at the same time that even mcdonalds will also create a bitcoin payment method, it only means that cryptocurrency is slowly being accepted by the countries since there are a lot of big companies that is trusting bitcoins.
Activity: 238
I used bitcoin for steam long time ago, but now they don't accept bitcoin anymore.
We could buy Dell laptop with bitcoin but now we can't either.
So maybe bitcoin is too early to be a good payment method
Activity: 194
It is good that btc is already widely used as mode of payment for it is easier to make financial transaction especially if seller and buyer came from different areas where bank to bank transfer and money remittance required quite a number of documents as requisites of making transaction, if not impossible; BTC definitely offer a way of financial transaction with more ease. It would be better if bitcoin would be like other alts with 0 confirmation, lower/free transaction fee and instant processing.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

Wow. That is good to hear, I hope that it will also happen in our country that Bitcoin will be accepted widely s a mode of pyment for a lot of things like food products and services. Hopefully soon, I can't wait.
Pages:
Jump to: