Pages:
Author

Topic: You don't have to HODL - page 5. (Read 1050 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
December 18, 2018, 12:33:48 PM
There was a day that it's good to hold some coin for long-term but in facing bear market it's not safe to hold for a long day and now we are facing the unstoppable dropping price of crypto coins.
Activity: 912
December 18, 2018, 01:00:39 PM
To some extent, we must keep the coins, of course not forever, but until that moment, until there is a chance to get the maximum profit. And even more, many coins do not immediately show their potential after entering the stock exchange, and in this case they have to hold.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
December 18, 2018, 10:39:36 AM
Yes holding is a strategy how to manage of what you are holding. Manage because it must be in a proper and correct decision you make that you think more profit you earned and not losing. As simple as " Buy at low price and sell in high price.
Activity: 490
December 18, 2018, 10:27:55 AM

What can be said to a person who has lost 90% of his investment. Do you think the sale is correct? And I'm not in such situations, it is better to do a long hold. Of course, if your portfolio consisted only of BTC and ETH in your case, you will be able to multiply your capital waiting for the lowest price. But Hold is also the right strategy.
HODL in any case is a strategy that has the right to life, which today, all the same, at best, can show serious success. Especially if now all of us still wait for the case when the situation can improve, especially during good news. Today there are not so many of them, but I would like to find a benefit.
Activity: 415
December 18, 2018, 05:50:58 AM
Very agree with your point of view, only those who lose money will let other investors follow themselves, but in fact it is very dangerous. Any coin other than Bitcoin is wrong in this way, so I agree with you.
Activity: 434
December 18, 2018, 03:46:14 AM
HODL is a term that whales want people to use so they can be the last ones holding these shit coins )
Activity: 574
Merit: 2
December 18, 2018, 02:10:13 AM
HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

---------------------------------------
Web Development and Web Hosting for Cryptocurrency. PM me or click the link.
My account was hacked, look here.

You are very right about the blind advices and people who just hold
But what do u expect ? Do u expect whales strangers to tell strangers to sell and cut losses ? Total impossible
Have you ever heard Mccafee or crypto currency expert give better decisions ??

Crypto currency is a personal race
Do your research yourself
Make your decision yourself
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
December 18, 2018, 02:04:47 AM
I know some people clamur for HODL not knowin what they are getting into and some don't even have another means of livelihood because we most people quit their jobs in the bull run and think the run will last forever, but if you have something else you can live on through the bear run and you believe you are holding good projects there is no need to panic and sell because history has shown us that the coming bull run will surpass the previous ones
Activity: 378
December 18, 2018, 12:09:46 AM
Yes, of course we hold our coins at a certain time, for example when the market is in this condition it would be better if we hold our coins because if they sell they will lose, on the contrary if crypto is in normal condition with high coin price we can sell our coins immediately and certainly will benefit
Activity: 448
December 17, 2018, 11:55:25 PM
all actually depend on each other's understanding because if you do not understand how to handle hold, of course you will instead get the benefits but the more severe losses that you will get because you must be able to assess and predict the coins that you have if the coin is worth hold or not.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
December 17, 2018, 11:36:20 PM
HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

Different people has their own way on giving suggestion, some has their short words that hard to understand that sometimes cause a misunderstanding, and others could explain in details that are easy to understand.
That also applied when those different person saying things about HODL
Activity: 518
December 17, 2018, 11:27:56 PM
I think HODL is only good if you are able to buy in a very cheap price and the price goes slightly lower than whatyou bought. But if you bought at the all time high its better to sold it right away especially if the market is downtrend. or if you dont want to lose money better buy to dollar cost averaging.
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
December 17, 2018, 10:46:03 PM
It depends if you are happy with the price. Hodling are for those people who wants to earn more and not happy with the price. If you are satisfied, you can immediately sell it. No one has the right to stop you from selling your coin. At the end of the day, it is only you who can decide if you were going to hold or sell. The best thing to do right now is to BUY considering how cheap the prices are. You can settle for short term or long term trade depending on your needs.

It is definitely a good time to buy, but I think I'll wait a bit more. I think we're gonna get one more dump.

Activity: 574
December 17, 2018, 11:24:10 PM
The hold is a simple attitude to get profits when prices have recovered or gone up. Indeed, not always Hold coins can be profitable because not all coins can grow well. But people do hold, that doesn't mean they don't trade daily or invest. But they did that too because only with that they also made a profit.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
December 17, 2018, 11:16:31 PM
if we experience a loss and the asset value continues to decline, do we have to sell at a loss? I don't think so and I personally don't want to lose twice. indeed there are many people who misinterpret it, but that doesn't mean the hodl is a bad choice.
Indeed it may hold is not bad but this makes a lot of people just never survive and become weak hands to their coins. many who hold but do not know when they will await the outcome of the matter. much of the increase that occurred even though it is not great and it was pretty wasted. Although the strategy spelled out but hold also be wrong because it is too focused on it without any satisfaction or the desired clarity.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
December 17, 2018, 11:12:39 PM
You are an idiot if you will continue to hodl until the token you are holding has no value at all, there should be a specific amount or profit before you let go of the token you are holding hodling does not mean you are going to hold until the end, it should be when you need your profit or the token is not performing well anymore.
Activity: 504
Merit: 106
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
December 17, 2018, 10:58:28 PM
I disagree. Why would I sell at such a super low price? Its not that I need the capital but the price is too low to even consider selling it. I think its much better to encourage people to buy coins than telling them to sell their valued coin. It depends on the coin you were hodling though, its best to have a top tier coin to ensure quality and appreciation rate.
Activity: 430
December 17, 2018, 07:30:45 PM
It depends if you are happy with the price. Hodling are for those people who wants to earn more and not happy with the price. If you are satisfied, you can immediately sell it. No one has the right to stop you from selling your coin. At the end of the day, it is only you who can decide if you were going to hold or sell. The best thing to do right now is to BUY considering how cheap the prices are. You can settle for short term or long term trade depending on your needs.
copper member
Activity: 546
Merit: 0
December 17, 2018, 07:26:58 PM
I think the best thing to do at this stage is to hold on to your  coins. selling off will bring you down and make you loose all ur token.so the best thing to do is hold and even buy more tokens if need there is power to do so. And that remains the best thing to do
Activity: 238
December 17, 2018, 07:20:49 PM
People continue to advise using HODL strategy based on the experience of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. We can see what this strategy has led to for those who have used it. I Hawes to say that there is nothing bad, just worth considering that it may not be suitable for all coins. Only a few of them will be able to survive in such a market and will grow in value several times. Therefore, you should conduct your own research to identify which coin is capable of it, and which is not. And based on this, choose your strategy for each coin.
People don't advise using HODL out of generousity.
They tell that to newbies so that their bags don't lose further value.
People telling you to hold care about themselves, not you!
Pages:
Jump to: