Pages:
Author

Topic: You don't have to HODL - page 7. (Read 1050 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 100
December 17, 2018, 11:53:07 AM
In any case, the decision is made directly by the person, so I would probably rather say that the person is not in a hurry with the conclusions, because it seems to me that there are very real risks to the deposit that the investor bears before he starts selling his deposit again.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
December 17, 2018, 11:48:04 AM
I think hold only works in the bullish market , as well as this strategy is very unprofitable for me, you need to be able to trade in the market to make money , and hodl only makes go to the big minus
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
December 17, 2018, 10:35:17 AM
I am sure that everyone should have their own strategy. You can evaluate the potential of the project and determine for yourself the price at which the coins can be sold. Of course, everything is cyclical. And if the price grows strongly, then it will definitely fall, and it’s not a fact that it will rise again to the top level. But many are waiting for a miracle (x1000) and this is their choice.
Activity: 476
Merit: 14
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
December 17, 2018, 10:17:06 AM
HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

---------------------------------------
Web Development and Web Hosting for Cryptocurrency. PM me or click the link.
My account was hacked, look here.

As I know, in this market there are two purpose for holding. One, they are really interested about technology of this coin and believe it will solve real issue after that, but this one is very small. The rest is people who want to earn the profit which they have set
Activity: 415
Merit: 100
December 17, 2018, 10:15:37 AM
HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

HODL is one of my least favourite phrases and it is in my opinion a negative thing for crypto. It makes many people think that people hold just because they're told to and it's similar to many illegitimate schemes. As you rightly said, it's much better to tell people proper and full advice. If that is hold, explain why.
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
December 17, 2018, 10:10:02 AM
Not only those that need money will start selling but those who don't have anymore confidence to the market.

They are the people that already lost their trust to the market and already given up that it will not be better. If you don't have to hold then don't hold, simple as that but flaming HODLING and blaming people who have been saying to hold, it's wrong IMO.

As I said, I don't dislike the strategy, just the way it's presented. People give advice using one word, it's usually in CAPS and it's not even a proper English world.

Activity: 322
Merit: 1
December 17, 2018, 10:14:26 AM
In principle, everything is true ... Everyone should choose what he himself is comfortable and convenient, and most importantly, what he thinks will bring him a profit!
December 17, 2018, 10:08:51 AM
The holding is often compatible with greed, many understand that there is already a profit, but continue to hold, thinking that growth will continue. But the smarter ones take the bulk off, leaving little to reduce the risk of loss.

I learned this lesson the hard way.

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
December 17, 2018, 10:12:34 AM
now it all depends on you. hold or not is your choice. because right now when the market goes down all depends on whether you want to hold or not I myself prefer to determine the number that is suitable for me to hold and when to sell it
December 17, 2018, 10:06:09 AM
We do have different advising techniques and this depends on the person that will be asked on what they should do.

When the all time high is at hand, people are very happy and glad that they've been holding. Now, every single act that people do is about stupidity and ignorance, hold, selling at loss, day trading, do on where you are good with and comfortable.

It's not a bout advising someone to hold, it's the way it's said, mindlessly without reasoning.

Activity: 602
Merit: 250
December 17, 2018, 10:11:28 AM
I will definitely hold back, because I want to get the benefits I want. the problem is by holding it to determine the price of coins when selling coins that can determine profits
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
Bounty Detective
December 17, 2018, 05:02:19 AM
If a person asks for advice on what strategy to choose-this means that he does not have the necessary knowledge in the cryptocurrency industry. The advice in this situation is: "start to study the materials on the subject of the question to get the necessary answers."
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
December 17, 2018, 04:46:27 AM
In my opinion. holding it is necessary if conditions are not favorable for us. people hold coins because prices are too cheap. if we do not hold and force the will to sell, we will suffer losses.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
December 17, 2018, 04:27:09 AM
if the price continues to fall, hold is not a good choice, it is better to save assets in the form of only the currency, and wait for the increase in our new price chart for purchases, because we all do not want to lose while waiting.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
December 17, 2018, 04:25:55 AM
We do have different advising techniques and this depends on the person that will be asked on what they should do.

When the all time high is at hand, people are very happy and glad that they've been holding. Now, every single act that people do is about stupidity and ignorance, hold, selling at loss, day trading, do on where you are good with and comfortable.

Exactly, this is what happening right now. The market is inconsistent just think about the small investors? Do you they will plan for long-term in this tough situation? Like you said holdings depends on the person.

Those are desperately in the need of money will surely sell to avoid further loss, like something is better than nothing.
Not only those that need money will start selling but those who don't have anymore confidence to the market.

They are the people that already lost their trust to the market and already given up that it will not be better. If you don't have to hold then don't hold, simple as that but flaming HODLING and blaming people who have been saying to hold, it's wrong IMO.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
United Crowd
December 17, 2018, 04:17:45 AM
Do you think spreading uncertainty about the future of bitcoin is the right advice,doing that will only do more harm to the crypto space.We need to be optimistic to be able to bring back the good days of crypto and that can only be achieve by not selling out of panic thereby allowing whales to benefit from that.

and unfortunately everyone doesn't understand how to not have unreasonable predictions
this mess might have caused some people to panic and lose control that made them a little wild
Activity: 126
Merit: 2
December 17, 2018, 04:07:55 AM
Do you think spreading uncertainty about the future of bitcoin is the right advice,doing that will only do more harm to the crypto space.We need to be optimistic to be able to bring back the good days of crypto and that can only be achieve by not selling out of panic thereby allowing whales to benefit from that.
Activity: 623
Merit: 262
December 17, 2018, 03:38:24 AM

Exactly, this is what happening right now. The market is inconsistent just think about the small investors? Do you they will plan for long-term in this tough situation? Like you said holdings depends on the person.

Those are desperately in the need of money will surely sell to avoid further loss, like something is better than nothing.
Activity: 112
December 17, 2018, 03:36:48 AM
HODL is a generic term and in my opinion it implies that you should keep your coins until you make a profit. In all other respects, you should think independently and constantly analyze the market. If you bought Bitcoin for $20k and suffer losses,then you only have the HODL. If you bought bitcoin for $1, then you even now have a huge profit.
Activity: 1008
December 17, 2018, 03:24:30 AM
I also do not understand why many people advise hodl for a long time. I used to hodl until the time when the price suited me and then sold. But now I don’t see any sense in hodl any coins. Because in my opinion already such a time that they practically do not grow, but either stand in the price of one place or fall strongly in price.
Pages:
Jump to: