Pages:
Author

Topic: You don't have to HODL - page 6. (Read 1050 times)

Activity: 572
Merit: 10
December 17, 2018, 06:57:10 PM
Everyone advises HODLing because the market situation is very bad now and they hope that soon it will change. If you sell everything now, you may miss the profit. But I believe that this strategy can be used by those who do not have financial problems. Who can continue to live without fear that his portfolio continues to decline in value. If you need money, you can leave now. But you have to make that decision own.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
December 17, 2018, 06:52:11 PM
I think that now the best strategy is to buy and keep coins to a higher price.
I agree now the price is very good for shopping , and I think I can buy very quietly at this level and store in the long, I'm sure that in the future there will be a very large cryptocurrency in the top 20 !
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
December 17, 2018, 06:48:06 PM
People continue to advise using HODL strategy based on the experience of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. We can see what this strategy has led to for those who have used it. I Hawes to say that there is nothing bad, just worth considering that it may not be suitable for all coins. Only a few of them will be able to survive in such a market and will grow in value several times. Therefore, you should conduct your own research to identify which coin is capable of it, and which is not. And based on this, choose your strategy for each coin.
Activity: 658
Merit: 153
December 17, 2018, 06:40:12 PM
I'm not a fan of selling. The best option is to hold in the bear  market. These prices sell completely nonsense.  I'm standing in the altcoins and I don't regret standing in them. In the near future the market will rise, altcoins will rise further.
copper member
Activity: 479
Merit: 11
December 17, 2018, 06:28:45 PM
You have a point, every investment should have a goal behind it, you must know your exit point for profit and your entry point for future profit, it's no use holding a your coin for years and missing profit, when the right time to sell comes, sell high then buy low again that is a good strategy.
Activity: 154
December 17, 2018, 06:27:02 PM
Of course, you must keep a cryptocurrency in order to make money on it, but be sure to fix your profits
Activity: 438
December 17, 2018, 06:24:34 PM
if we experience a loss and the asset value continues to decline, do we have to sell at a loss? I don't think so and I personally don't want to lose twice. indeed there are many people who misinterpret it, but that doesn't mean the hodl is a bad choice.
It is difficult to determine the right time to buy and sell. After many loses, I think that everyone should set the level of profit and risk reasonable acceptable. This will help them avoid big losses.
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
December 17, 2018, 06:17:41 PM
I have always known that language "hodl" to be very common in the crypto space. When someone tells you hold, what you should do is think twice, because it might not work if you follow it strictly.
Even if you intend hodling, i am sure you would want to make profit. So sell while you're in profit, because cryptocurrency us volatile.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
First Islamic Crypto Exchange
December 17, 2018, 02:36:33 PM
I think that now the best strategy is to buy and keep coins to a higher price.
Activity: 770
Merit: 251
MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS
December 17, 2018, 02:29:29 PM
HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

---------------------------------------
Web Development and Web Hosting for Cryptocurrency. PM me or click the link.
My account was hacked, look here.

HODL means patience and patience is obtained only by wise men and has nothing to do with stupidity and ignorance. They say the market always rewards the patient ones. Patient is the main secret of all today's billionaires. Thus we can say that HODL equals your future fortune. So stop writing nonsense and continue to HODL!  Grin Otherwise sell off all your crypto assets, fix the losses and leave the market forever. If you are so manipulated...
Activity: 285
Merit: 100
December 17, 2018, 02:15:50 PM
I think it is important for them to hold and how long. For risky investors, this is a huge risk for them, because they spend all their money to invest, but it is not profitable but is losing more and more. But if the holders can hold their investment until 2020. I believe they will reap a lot of success.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 102
December 17, 2018, 01:45:11 PM
I agree with this, hold must be seen from the situation. when you buy below you have to hold. but if you buy while on top, hold is not an option because it's definitely a bad choice. not always hold a good choice, sometimes we have to sell.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
December 17, 2018, 01:38:51 PM
Hold until you've reach your loss tolerance, every people have different loss tolerance ,right ?
I know it's not easy to do it but remember that crypto value extremely volatile from time to time so you must make sure that you've done perfect calculation.

When I have an urgent need, I will sell, but if I can still meet the needs of using the reserve money I have, then I will not sell low and keep holding until the market can recover.

Bitcoin has decrease 45% within a month, IMO it's a huge percentage so you need to make loss tolerance max 10%
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
December 17, 2018, 01:32:23 PM
It is definitely a popular advise given to those in panic. It is a good strategy but it is not the best strategy all the time. I agree on OP's position to give real advise instead of just "HODL!". We should be able to know which one is the better option (sell or hodl) at a particular time.
copper member
Activity: 409
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
December 17, 2018, 01:21:07 PM
When I have an urgent need, I will sell, but if I can still meet the needs of using the reserve money I have, then I will not sell low and keep holding until the market can recover.
Activity: 938
Merit: 159
December 17, 2018, 12:56:47 PM

i believe that i will hold for long time i do not want to sell anything at a loss, but maybe an alternative there it is change everything in a stable coin from which it is easier to manage market changes
Activity: 532
December 17, 2018, 12:25:40 PM
I already know this, hold is not an option. there are times when we have to hold but sometimes sell to be the safest choice.
people misinterpret what hodl is. they think holding is lasting forever until they get a profit. this makes new investors lose
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
December 17, 2018, 12:00:26 PM
This is just my observation.

Many actually do not want to hodl but are forced to hodl because they are very much rekt right now and could not find a better position to sell.

Also, those who keeps saying/advising hodl are probably those who can no longer buy also and just do not want the price to any lower.
copper member
Activity: 995
December 17, 2018, 11:58:26 AM

What can be said to a person who has lost 90% of his investment. Do you think the sale is correct? And I'm not in such situations, it is better to do a long hold. Of course, if your portfolio consisted only of BTC and ETH in your case, you will be able to multiply your capital waiting for the lowest price. But Hold is also the right strategy.
Activity: 253
December 17, 2018, 11:53:50 AM
HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

---------------------------------------
Web Development and Web Hosting for Cryptocurrency. PM me or click the link.
My account was hacked, look here.
well everything does really depends on the results which led us to what we are now. I think you are right in terms on researching on our own.Hodl is much used term for now and we should be embrace by it for now.
Pages:
Jump to: