Pages:
Author

Topic: You work your butt off, and a rich dude does nothing and gets rich - how? - page 12. (Read 23786 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
For me at least, cryptocurrency is a way to remove one of the major inequality barriers plaguing society. I find it abhorrent that it is possible for asset holders to become wealthier doing nothing...

Holding bitcoin has done just that.

Indeed it has, but anyone with an internet connection can acquire bit coin and invest with it. There will never be true economic equality, but we don't have to live in a world where the laws and economic playing field is stacked in favor of the rich.
Aye. The initial discrepancy in bitcoin wealth distribution is a one time event, which was made worse by the wealth inequalities in the FRB system allowing the wealthy to acquire more bitcoins to begin with. However, in future years, one must spend bitcoin to obtain goods and services. It will no longer be possible to create more bitcoins out of thin air, as long as all the bitcoins are accounted for on the one blockchain.
You know how long it will take before bitcoins can no longer be mined? Don't worry about far future, btc may become obsolete before it reaches 21 mill.

Why would it go obsolete? It is designed to be able to evolve with a changing world. 

Yes, and besides that, big names and tech companies are about to get in.
When that happens, they'll have too much to lose and take care of bitcoin's future themselves.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
For me at least, cryptocurrency is a way to remove one of the major inequality barriers plaguing society. I find it abhorrent that it is possible for asset holders to become wealthier doing nothing...

Indeed it has, but anyone with an internet connection can acquire bit coin and invest with it. There will never be true economic equality, but we don't have to live in a world where the laws and economic playing field is stacked in favor of the rich.
Aye. The initial discrepancy in bitcoin wealth distribution is a one time event, which was made worse by the wealth inequalities in the FRB system allowing the wealthy to acquire more bitcoins to begin with. However, in future years, one must spend bitcoin to obtain goods and services. It will no longer be possible to create more bitcoins out of thin air, as long as all the bitcoins are accounted for on the one blockchain.
You know how long it will take before bitcoins can no longer be mined? Don't worry about far future, btc may become obsolete before it reaches 21 mill.

Why would it go obsolete? It is designed to be able to evolve with a changing world. 
Activity: 363
Merit: 100
SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

What will make btc obsolete?
Activity: 462
Merit: 251

Activity: 448

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

Indeed it has, but anyone with an internet connection can acquire bit coin and invest with it...

To be more precise, anyone with an internet connection and $654 could acquire a bitcoin.  It is an investment in and of itself.
Investing *with* bitcoin, AKA "invest while you invest," has proved to be slightly less profitable than investing in streetcorner shell games.

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
The matter is, that there are different rich dudes. Some of them, got rich working their butt off. You just do, what you think you should do, and the result you get is what you deserve.
Activity: 490
There will be always someone luckier than you, who gets things almost effortless.
But I guess one should take comfort in knowing that if you work your butt off you'll end up better than most dudes in your starting position.

It was always like this. Long ago you were born into royalty and others were born into poverty or slavery, they worked their asses off and had nothing their whole lives. Life sux there's no equality and never will be.

I'm not convinced. Yes, historically, the basic dynamics of rich vs. poor have never left us, and we aren't exactly fighting the trend, either. But I'm still of the opinion that people can only be kept down for so long....

I tend to agree that inequality will always be around. We can certainly lessen it greatly but leveling the playing field instead of tilting it in favor of the aristocrats.
For me at least, cryptocurrency is a way to remove one of the major inequality barriers plaguing society. I find it abhorrent that it is possible for asset holders to become wealthier doing nothing. We should at least remove this feature of modern economies by eradicating FRB. In my view, the best way to achieve this is via having an uninflatable fixed money supply. I.e. crypto currency on a blockchain.
Activity: 658
Buy and sell bitcoins,
It was always like this. Long ago you were born into royalty and others were born into poverty or slavery, they worked their asses off and had nothing their whole lives. Life sux there's no equality and never will be.

I'm not convinced. Yes, historically, the basic dynamics of rich vs. poor have never left us, and we aren't exactly fighting the trend, either. But I'm still of the opinion that people can only be kept down for so long....
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
legendary
Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000
www.bitkong.com
You work your butt off? It's at Mcdonalds, let's be honest that will get you no where. The honest thing is, the corporations are the ones to keep getting richer and richer while the working man helps get that accomplished. Its all a game.
capitalism doesn't suck money out of anybody, capitalism is about trading things with one another.
every free trade is beneficial to both parties of the trade, otherwise it wouldn't have happened.
rich people are simply people who produced so much goods and services that people want that they were able to trade them for alot of money.

Sure.
When I stick a gun in your face and tell you to hand over your money, the proposed exchange is beneficial to both parties--I get your money and you get your life.  Win/win.

Re. ur definition of "rich people": Rich people are simply people with more money than poor people, no need to complicate things.  They are rich regardless of how said money was acquired--through production, manipulation, or theft.
If you were rich at the time I stuck my gun in your face, you are now poor [after, presumably, producing "so much goods and services"], and I am rich.

i said that every free trade is beneficial to both parties.
if you rob someone by force then obviously the trade isn't free, that isn't capitalism.

You'e free to turn me down.  You might get shot, but you're free to choose [between your money and your life].
Just like you're free not to work in my factory--you might starve, but the choice is yours.
Just like you're free to leave my country if you don't like my laws--other countries might not be much different/won't take you, but you're always free to try your luck elsewhere.

capitalism doesn't suck money out of anybody, capitalism is about trading things with one another.
every free trade is beneficial to both parties of the trade, otherwise it wouldn't have happened.
rich people are simply people who produced so much goods and services that people want that they were able to trade them for alot of money.

Sure.
When I stick a gun in your face and tell you to hand over your money, the proposed exchange is beneficial to both parties--I get your money and you get your life.  Win/win.

Re. ur definition of "rich people": Rich people are simply people with more money than poor people, no need to complicate things.  They are rich regardless of how said money was acquired--through production, manipulation, or theft.
If you were rich at the time I stuck my gun in your face, you are now poor [after, presumably, producing "so much goods and services"], and I am rich.

i said that every free trade is beneficial to both parties.
if you rob someone by force then obviously the trade isn't free, that isn't capitalism.

@OP. You have logical flaw in your argument in the opening post.

Increased money supply is actually a bad thing for people that hold FIAT or investments that depend on the value of fiat. It is good for people/countries that have lot of debt.

Obviously this flaw doesn't change the fact that the kapitalism is sucking money from the workin folks and distributing upwards Wink

please read my explanation on pg 1. FRB is enriching asset holders at the expense of those with no assets. If you disagree; cite evidence, not opinion.

i agree with you, FRB is fraud, it has nothing to do with capitalism either.
capitalism and free markets don't exist anywhere in the world today.
Activity: 343
Merit: 100
"Capitalism" means the society value capital and not labor.

Hence, people who know how to manage money get ahead of the games.

Sure.
When I stick a gun in your face and tell you to hand over your money, the proposed exchange is beneficial to both parties--I get your money and you get your life.  Win/win.

Re. ur definition of "rich people": Rich people are simply people with more money than poor people, no need to complicate things.  They are rich regardless of how said money was acquired--through production, manipulation, or theft.
@OP. You have logical flaw in your argument in the opening post.

Increased money supply is actually a bad thing for people that hold FIAT or investments that depend on the value of fiat. It is good for people/countries that have lot of debt.

Obviously this flaw doesn't change the fact that the kapitalism is sucking money from the workin folks and distributing upwards Wink

please read my explanation on pg 1. FRB is enriching asset holders at the expense of those with no assets. If you disagree; cite evidence, not opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: