Pages:
Author

Topic: your mentality after a huge loss? - page 29. (Read 3821 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
December 14, 2017, 07:53:59 PM
After a huge loss, it is normal to be sad or feel lost but make you that you will comeback and recover soon.

It's not normal at all. If you lose and feel sad about it, you've invested more than you should have. It should be a learning moment, and not something that puts you down mentally. It's not gambling where when you lose, you directly think about winning it back, which more often than not will work against you. In some cases people try too hard to make their investments or trades successful, where they keep on losing and losing. It's a classic form of capital destruction that you'll start to notice when it's too late. That's why when you keep on losing without any improvement in sight, you should understand that it's time for you to take distance from investing/trading.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
HELENA
December 14, 2017, 07:32:11 PM
What do you do after you suffer a huge loss?
If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?

I just have to think first before doing some investment, sometimes i am thinking of not continuing with my trading because of the loss but temp to do it again because of the chance of earning.

Activity: 154
Merit: 111
December 14, 2017, 07:15:55 PM
I will stop for a while, analyze first what happened to know what went wrong why did i loss and i will think what should i do so that it wont happen again. I will not give up so easily because i know it happens sometimes and i will just learn from my mistakes and i know i will succeed soon.
Activity: 322
Merit: 105
December 14, 2017, 06:16:38 PM
There is always a trial and error in everything we do and that includes trading. If you loss a huge amount then stop for awhile and reflect what went wrong. Don't give up,search and study more about trading so you wont make the same mistake again.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
December 14, 2017, 12:50:33 PM
Money is just money. Money come, money leave. Don't fall in depression, there are far worst situations as war, lack of food in some countries.

If you are healthy, then you can earn money later  Smiley
You might can say that wise words in normal condition , it is different when you are underpressure.
Talking about losing huge money never be an easy day to get through for anyone .
That's why before the game started , before you make any investment makes sure you put only the money that you can afford to lose.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
December 14, 2017, 12:09:53 PM
Lose my minds and drinking alcohol Sad.
When I have a huge loss, I'm getting upset and somehow disappointed with myself but afterwards I'm trying to get up and do the thing that I can do to get what I deserve to have. I'm work on it again and become successful.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
December 14, 2017, 10:16:38 AM
If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?

Of course just likw any other people that loses a huge amount i feel down i feel bad i feel refret for what i decide makes my money lose. But as much as possible i am thingjinf positive because being optimistic is one of the key in this business in order for us to survive in this business for so long. It is hard to accept that you have lost a large amount of money but still think about the bright side always think that tou can win back that money that you lose that is the mentality of a businessmen.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
December 14, 2017, 10:08:48 AM
Loss at any position is a very unexpected thing for every person.  Sometime you will get benefit and some time you will loss at trading. It is a very simple matter but nobody wants loss.
As a trader, it’s a normal thing to lose something whenever we are doing our trades. We should not see a huge amount of loss at trading but if it occurred we shouldn’t give up the goal because we set our goal at trading and come to do it. We should continue the process even we trapped on a huge amount of loss. But a huge loss is very rare at trading.
Activity: 200
Merit: 10
December 14, 2017, 10:07:56 AM
Money is just money. Money come, money leave. Don't fall in depression, there are far worst situations as war, lack of food in some countries.

If you are healthy, then you can earn money later  Smiley
Activity: 773
Merit: 101
Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC
December 14, 2017, 10:02:18 AM
if I fail to invest and lose big, then make a failure as a lesson and your experience to move forward, do not fail to make you despair.
P60
Activity: 378
Decentralized Digital Billboards
December 14, 2017, 09:52:37 AM
"It's okay, i'll do better tomorrow", this is the only way to survive in this world of trading, you study what did not work and you improve your method
Yes, you must fill your mind with a positive thoughts. You could be better if you will not negative thoughts control you. After a huge loss, it is normal to be sad or feel lost but make you that you will comeback and recover soon.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
December 14, 2017, 09:38:39 AM
I´ve been trading since many years in Forex, and now I'm in love with crypto. Yes when you have a huge lose its hard psicologically, what you should do is first of all take notes of what happened and why. And later take a week without trading only having a look at the market, maybe you can trade in a demo but not in real for one week.

I too would take notes of what happened during my losing trades. Since all we can remember is the heightened feeling of disappointment, notes are there to keep our heads straight for the next 'battles' to come.
Activity: 340
NEM <3
December 14, 2017, 09:36:00 AM
I only see it as a loss when ive cashed out. If the price of a coin that i hold falls with 80%, then i dont consider that a loss. Not yet.
Activity: 462
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
December 14, 2017, 09:32:44 AM
The truth is i'd never loss a big amount of money in trading, and the possibility that it may come in the future. I tried trading with just small amount to lose. In that time, i felt that its like im so stupid that why that happened (it was just a small amouny what more if i loss big time). It like i dont want to trade anymore, always thr feelingbof what if, i do this, i do that. Will i earn or will i lose all my profit. Im scared of trying new things in trading and right now im not confident to do it again. As of now, im not trading any more. Im trying to hold some of my coins and might or possible coming back to trading
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
December 14, 2017, 08:52:52 AM
I´ve been trading since many years in Forex, and now I'm in love with crypto. Yes when you have a huge lose its hard psicologically, what you should do is first of all take notes of what happened and why. And later take a week without trading only having a look at the market, maybe you can trade in a demo but not in real for one week.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 14, 2017, 08:48:11 AM

My mentally has always been to try and try until you succeed. The thing is whenever we stumble on failure, we cannot just let that eat us, otherwise there will never be another chance to stand up and try again. In addition, we cannot just let this moment pass because this is a really rare opportunity of earning money.
Activity: 77
Merit: 1
December 14, 2017, 07:32:00 AM
Loss is inevitable in any business including bitcoin trading. I have not experience a huge loss before but I have discussed one on one with a friend who experienced huge lost in trading a while ago.  He was so much disturbed due to the loss and he asked me what next if he should invest more money into it again. I simply advised him to do that with ease by investing taking minimum risk but not to stop. Tomorrow may be his tureen by recovering all his loss.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
December 14, 2017, 03:37:18 AM

The mentality after a huge loss.. I think just to stop what Am I doing not good.. Or just to have more patient to be learn a lot with. If I'm not going to be success  on trade,. There's a lot of way to find other's. I need to find the other strategy to success. But not to stop on trading, I will try my best to understand it well. And make earn a lot well.
It is always based on one's strategy and if it goes wrong, it is always better to count it as a trading experience and learn from it. I have had crazy ones before but when I still look at the amount of profit I have made on other trades, I still see it as just one of those few percentage of failures that are bound to happen once in a while.

The same way you can always have a huge profit is the same way huge loss can come but over time, you will always know how to manage them.
Activity: 281
Organic PR on Tier 1 media
December 14, 2017, 03:32:25 AM
Dont use emotions while trading, always use your wits and guts. That way whenever you will lose a trade you will not blame yourself up or your emotions. And if you have a lose then think about what you did wrong when trading and try to never repeat that mistake.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
December 14, 2017, 03:13:11 AM
I will never give up and stop trading, it hurts when get huge loss but it is normal, everything must be have a risk, and loss will make me learn more so I will not experience the same thing again.
We should not easily stop because of experiencing some mistakes which is actually normal on these kind of situations and also these things will really mold us up to be a better trader and we should put up on our minds that we should learn on our mistakes and thinking off for those loses are just fees on your learning journey.The best thing to do is to minimize loss and for sure you would able to do that because you are already aware on your past mistakes.
Moving forward is the only key towards success. You can’t just stick to your loss and weep over it all the time. There are always more chances for you waving at you at the end of this tunnel. Don’t just sad and disappointed on what you have faced right now.

In trading or investing if you are not making your mark then don’t worry. Keep on trying and be confident on yourself. Things will be fine.
Pages:
Jump to: