Pages:
Author

Topic: Your merit will find you! - page 3. (Read 738 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
December 13, 2020, 11:16:00 AM
I can find one reason behind the creation of such threads. Although I don't have any data, it’s easy to speculate that the ratio of merit between post:thread is quite high. If the maximum number of merits in a thread is 100 (assume), it will be 20 for a post.
I can not answered your question but some stats for you. There are 82141 topics received merits and the for those merited topics, the median of received merits is 3, interquartile range is 1 to 7. By that I meant 50% of merited topics have their receive merits range from 1 to 7. Min and max values are 1 and 61984. The max value belong to Wall Observer thread.
Code:
    variable |         N      mean        sd       p50       p25       p75       min       max
-------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
emerit_topic |   82141.0       9.9     235.8       3.0       1.0       7.0       1.0   61984.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About posts received merits inside each thread, here you go:
Code:
    variable |         N      mean        sd       p50       p25       p75       min       max
-------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      nposts |   82141.0       3.3     105.2       1.0       1.0       2.0       1.0   29399.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Median: 1
Interquartile range: 1 - 2
Min - max: 1 - 29399

What does it mean? 50% of merited threads have number of merited posts range from 1 to 2 (with the median is at 1). This one does not take into account how many posts are made in each thread (I only have data for merited topics and merited posts).

Top-50 most merit-earned topics month, year (2018 - 2020)

That’s why newbies motivated to create new thread but; the problem is almost all the threads are unnecessary and surprisingly some of high rank member still post their.
There's nothing wrong with creating thread IMO but they should be enough informative, they should be on good discussion. Apart from that, I guess this board should be moderated heavily specially on creating threads.
  • They get motivation from merited topics and try to do the same thing.
  • They do neither know Search nor how to use it effectively
  • They know Search and how to use but skip all and create topics because they like to do it.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
December 13, 2020, 10:13:53 AM
I can find one reason behind the creation of such threads. Although I don't have any data, it’s easy to speculate that the ratio of merit between post:thread is quite high. If the maximum number of merits in a thread is 100 (assume), it will be 20 for a post. That’s why newbies motivated to create new thread but; the problem is almost all the threads are unnecessary and surprisingly some of high rank member still post their.
There's nothing wrong with creating thread IMO but they should be enough informative, they should be on good discussion. Apart from that, I guess this board should be moderated heavily specially on creating threads.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
December 13, 2020, 10:09:46 AM
Offended post

If you calm down and do not rush, then even from your questions it will be clear that you are interested in cryptocurrency, and not in ranks, merits, etc.
If you ask questions, it will be clear that you are interested in the difference, for example, in custody wallets or non-custodial wallets, in investments, or vice versa in trading, or even all at once.
Information about the confidentiality or security of being on the exchanges, or simply about the exchanges themselves.
Trust me, this is a very extensive forum that contains a lot of information. But, having read, for example, the message history of your account, it is easy to guess that you grab the top of the information, and, having received merit, you forget everything and stomp into the bounty company, flooding the forum with useless reports.
Nobody wants bad things for anyone, but on the contrary, bitcointalk is a very friendly forum, if you make useful things from it and don't do harmful things.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
December 13, 2020, 10:01:06 AM
I don't know why you have archived my posts and why you people think like that you are the owner or the king of this forum and you do not give the chance to others to come up. I don't know why you have this mind. I was just sharing that which I was learning from this forum. Even I didn't make a good post. And soon I will make it and you will also give me the merit.
You have just jealousy from the newcomers. Which posts you have just leave for us. All the topics has created.
Just be patient and give us time.

And one more thing which I noticed that is many members 2 or more accounts or they just give suggestion to make account on the forum. Like you can see these two links which has given in the topic also merited. But you can see these topics has nothing.

Anyways I have no friends who are on the forum. Otherwise they also suggest me how to post and they give the merits.

Thanks for archiving my posts.
I have nothing against you. In fact, I am one of the user from many who believes in newbies and always give them the benefit of the doubt. However, what you are doing is not looking right. Please do not consider us a fool.  Do not pretend, if you have nothing to post then you really do not need to.

You do not need a friend, you do not need a God Father, if you are genuinely interested in Bitcoin and the community then study bitcoin and it's network. Learn the technology, learn the concept. Onec you go deeper and deeper you will find yourself having questions and answers. Create posts which are constructive but not cheesy and boring type of merit fishing. You will find people around you.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 727
December 13, 2020, 09:57:03 AM
They won't stop if they see people merit those newbie guide topics.
Newbies - Look at the list and find answers. You don't need to create your topic

Newbie But Not Beginner
Inactive Moderators (7 days and know inactive moderators and members with good reputation)
Newbies + Bounty = Zero future
I want to become a Member (a shitposter asked, answered the interview and became a member)
Noticed something and want to share. (2 days, 5 posts and want to share)
Activity: 1428
Merit: 931
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
December 13, 2020, 09:43:56 AM
<...>

Has anyone figured something out of it? How about a translation?  Grin
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
December 13, 2020, 09:39:28 AM
Beginners and Help section was one of the merit hunting section and many newbies realized it so people starte to make guides and tutorials because simply they are looking for merits but atleast the merit system is doing its job which prevents complete spams and people are trying to produce something in order to get the incentives from signature campaign.
Activity: 76
Merit: 23
December 13, 2020, 09:37:02 AM
They won't listen until something has been done against them. Check his topic history and the time I had my response: https://archive.vn/wip/0fHSE
I don't know why you have archived my posts and why you people think like that you are the owner or the king of this forum and you do not give the chance to others to come up. I don't know why you have this mind. I was just sharing that which I was learning from this forum. Even I didn't make a good post. And soon I will make it and you will also give me the merit.
You have just jealousy from the newcomers. Which posts you have just leave for us. All the topics has created.
Just be patient and give us time.

And one more thing which I noticed that is many members 2 or more accounts or they just give suggestion to make account on the forum. Like you can see these two links which has given in the topic also merited. But you can see these topics has nothing.

Anyways I have no friends who are on the forum. Otherwise they also suggest me how to post and they give the merits.

Thanks for archiving my posts.

The legitimate newbies would probably not need this advice as they would be interested in learning
Because they are those who have the friends of the old members. Or can say that they pay to stand. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
December 13, 2020, 09:24:55 AM
How to convey to newcomers that they will still get their merits, a good post will never go unnoticed. You don't have to be so rushed.
And you don't have to create a bunch of identical themes for that. Roll Eyes
I do not think this is lost on them; Spammers who repeatedly make such thread are not interested in putting in the effort which goes into making a good post. They do not read or use the search option and rather try to take the perceived short cut which they have seen work for a couple of other newbies.

The legitimate newbies would probably not need this advice as they would be interested in learning and understanding how the forum works and would eventually find their way around, it might happen immediately they join in, or a couple of weeks or months later.
There are just so many helpful threads and stickies for an interested user to miss.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
December 13, 2020, 09:15:35 AM
What I have noticed could be the best is to put 'beginners and help' on ignore lists because newbies will always be newbies. I went through some of my early posts on this forum some days ago, I was able to know some mistakes I made, although that does not mean I am 100% perfect now but I was better than before. Newbies will always be newbies, experienced or ranked members will see them boring and also unprofessional in posting.

But if this needs a remedy, only moderators can give that by deleting such poor posts but they did not because they know newbies can just be unprofessional in posting.

How to convey to newcomers that they will still get their merits, a good post will never go unnoticed. You don't have to be so rushed.
This is the best advice. 100% recommended for newbies.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
December 13, 2020, 09:07:09 AM
I already had my opinion about these new strategy from newbie few days ago

I really do not like topic like this. What OP has done is: Telling good things about older members which are not always true and all these sounds cheesy as well. This is a zero value post.

That is the older members like hero and legendary and others( except the newbies who spam the forum). They always comment on a post if they have knowledge about it and suggest in a right way to the topic creator.

They do not go out from the topic and only share that information which they experienced before or learn from anywhere.

And they make the topic too much easy to understand.

I trust myself and I believe none of these are honest opinion. In 15+ days you even do not have any idea which account has what characteristics. Have you not seen high rank members to spam, have you not seen high ranked members to take on a newbie, have you not seen a high rank member to insult a low rank, have you not seen high rank members to hate each others, have you not seem personal conflicts between two members?

Don't come to such cheesy conclusion just to earn some merits. I have a feeling that you have an older account without having to earn much merit and now you started this account and trying something different. Creating or having alt account is fine in this forum but if you take this path of being cheesy then you will not go much further. Maybe one or two members will merit you but in the long run you will not have good time.

All these topics are low value and are shamelessly looking for merit.

They won't listen until something has been done against them. Check his topic history and the time I had my response: https://archive.vn/wip/0fHSE
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
December 13, 2020, 08:58:04 AM
A question arose that probably worries many here.
I want to appeal to newbies, where did you get the idea that by creating a topic, you will do something useful to the forum?
Recently, this is very striking. Each time you enter this section, one may wonder how smart our newcomers have become. They create many tutorials for beginners.
And then I ask myself, wise or cunning?
Today our newbies need everything at once. Those who have been on the forum for years understand what they need to go through to raise their rank.
Some of them decided that everyone has a responsibility to help, and the more generous this help, the sooner they will have their dream of participating in bounty campaigns or subscription campaigns come true.
I remember that such questions have already been raised. To prevent newbies from starting threads, and I understand this is somewhat unfair, but could there be some way to regulate the questions they ask?

Does this account motivate someone? What is this for? Huh
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--5299618

Further
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/adhere-and-avoid-being-scamed-5298792
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-5298497

Another sly one: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--5298713
He wants to know about bitcoins and blah blah.
What about the forum itself? After all, to answer this question, you can rewrite the entire forum.

All this is what, beginners today figured out a good formula for themselves. You create a theme, you get the merit.
How can you limit this business? Otherwise, such topics really appear with questions like
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--5299049

Pages:
Jump to: