Pages:
Author

Topic: You're not wealthy yet, so you're not allowed to be wealthy - page 21. (Read 2889 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
The rule that only accredited investors, which means people who are already wealthy, are allowed to participate in certain ICOs is senseless imo. It's like saying "YOU'RE NOT WEALTHY YET, SO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE WEALTHY." Stupid society, with obsolete rules, we're living in.

Disclaimer: I'm not a US citizen, and I've not read that law
I want to become rich, and I was introduced to Bitcoin for my life, I have called for interest from the wealthy and have experience doing business, and they show me how to become a money person, By participating in Bitcoin, I learned a lot of experience, and now I have succeeded
Activity: 65
Merit: 2
I think there's a misconception. It doesn't mean that wealth is associated only with rich people. There are rich people getting poor because they don't know how they will handle their money and assets and the same can be said to poor people not doing anything to achieve something. Wealth is only associated to those who has the will to attain financial freedom and those who will do anything to succeed.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I don't agree with what the OP is saying. wealthy people don't get wealthier just because they have a lot of money. It's just that they have access to many resources that average people can't. That being said, that doesn't stop a person to achieve greater things or become wealthy just because they're not wealthy. It really depends on how content they are in life, how much their desire to aim to the top and how they're going to do it.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
The rule that only accredited investors, which means people who are already wealthy, are allowed to participate in certain ICOs is senseless imo. It's like saying "YOU'RE NOT WEALTHY YET, SO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE WEALTHY." Stupid society, with obsolete rules, we're living in.

Really? Is there a rule that implies what you have said? Is there any link and proof about your accusations. It is not about being wealthy or poor to invest in ICO as long as you have the resources to invest and buy tokens in ICO then you are always allowed to invest.
It is a just a general rule of the society we are living in. Nothing special as the rich would always keep getting richer. They have the funds, the capability of not mincing anything when they see an opportunity. For example, you have that little signature which you are hoping that when you are paid something from it, one day, it would grow and give you something substantial to at least live well. A rich dude, will not think twice investing something you will never be able to get from that signature and even get more in return later on.

Probably it is a crazy society, it has been like that from the onset, and there is really nothing anyone can do about it but to keep working hard and smart and hoping that the luck of wealth shines on him or her.

The rich have enough to invest and keep making themselves richer, and vice versa. That is the world we are living in. Except for those born into wealth anyway, which some of them do not really know the value, some of them worked their arses way up there, and I am sure they do not have two heads.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I wouldn't go as far as say something like this as I find it really discriminatory and yes, I know these are not words of the person who started this thread. I know some people who have improved their way of life through sheer hard work and determination. Along with it, they were smart in their investments and educated themselves in the process. Also, even if they've improved their way of life, they didn't stop with one investment. Some have as much as 2 or 3. It really depends on what you want and what you do to get it. No one is really doomed to be at the bottom forever. Proper mindset and ample action helps. Will it work always? Probably not. . .but it doesn't mean one has to stop in the midst of a single failure.  Smiley
Activity: 686
I think there's a misconception there. it's just that they have a minimum amount to buy for you to participate in the ICO. Let's say 0.1 ETH or 0.05 BTC, it really depends on the ICO. But look at it like a fundraiser where when you can't reach the specified goal, the project will not be put into realization unless the company has their products used already and it's just the implementation.

Well, now a days most of the projects are raising enough money for developing their product in the market and it completely depends upon the investors how much they want to invest into the ICO because most of the ICO are accepting from 0.1ETH.
Activity: 51
I think there's a misconception there. it's just that they have a minimum amount to buy for you to participate in the ICO. Let's say 0.1 ETH or 0.05 BTC, it really depends on the ICO. But look at it like a fundraiser where when you can't reach the specified goal, the project will not be put into realization unless the company has their products used already and it's just the implementation.
Activity: 47

I know for a fact that this is not only limited to the wealthy people and there is nothing that prohibits people from joining this ICO even if they are not. I refuse to believe that only the wealthier can get rich and I think that its really up to us in how we manage pur resources and how we can be able to maximize all that we can earn can dictate whether we can join the upper echelons of society
I am also with you in this matter because if that was the case Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and many other tycoons of Technology world would be still  poor people or mediocre of the society. But we all know how rich these people are. Erik Finman also belonged to an average family but became a millionaire by investing in right place i.e. bitcoin at right time i.e. in the start. Some people say that he was lucky while in my opinion, he was smarter than others.

I as well, in this matter, what I see is that people really do want to get rich fast and doesn't want to work hard to achieve it. But it does not only take people to get rich because they're smart. They've put a lot of effort and work for it to get to the place they're in. In the case of Erik Finman, like what you've said it's possible because that he might have foreseen the real worth of cryptotechnology (Bitcoin) in its very early stage and thought more about the future of this technology as it becomes popular.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
It's like saying "YOU'RE NOT WEALTHY YET, SO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE WEALTHY."

Well, if you haven't read the law, then i think you must also include your proof as to where you got this information. If you only heard about it from someone, then maybe you didn't hear it right. Maybe that only applies in some cases but not really as it is that only those wealthy person can invest because afterall, everybody can invest.
Activity: 504
Merit: 106

I know for a fact that this is not only limited to the wealthy people and there is nothing that prohibits people from joining this ICO even if they are not. I refuse to believe that only the wealthier can get rich and I think that its really up to us in how we manage pur resources and how we can be able to maximize all that we can earn can dictate whether we can join the upper echelons of society
I am also with you in this matter because if that was the case Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and many other tycoons of Technology world would be still  poor people or mediocre of the society. But we all know how rich these people are. Erik Finman also belonged to an average family but became a millionaire by investing in right place i.e. bitcoin at right time i.e. in the start. Some people say that he was lucky while in my opinion, he was smarter than others.
Activity: 403
Merit: 100

The silly rules make the gap between the rich and the poor more distant. If you do not invest, you will not fail, and you will not be rich. You may not be rich, but it does not mean you are not allowed to spend. Take risks and try to invest in a project though it does.
Activity: 52
Well, you can't really participate in ICO's if you don't have money to put into. They also have a minimum amount of btc/eth requirement before you can participate. It's because for the money to jump-start, they need the funds for the project/company to succeed within the time limit. So for those who can't participate in ICOs including me, it's better to join sig campaigns or bitcoin trading.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108

I think this rule will never be require in an ICO rules because every ICO will need every participant and investor to support their projects in order to become talk of the town and to attract more investors. Most ICO sometimes they reduce their CAP and token value to keep it alive therefore i assure you that no ICO will become successful if they impose this wealthy rule in which looks like a descrimination to me.
Activity: 223
I disagree, its kind a selfishness, in the world of crypto, everybody is welcome,its for everybody, and everybody deserves to be wealthy as long as they / you work hard for it.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
Crypto is for everyone who intends to go out of their poverty.
Crypto doesn't miraculously take you out of poverty. It's almost funny how a lot posts hint at investing in this or that will make you wealthy, while that's not the case at all. Crypto opens doors, but it's still up to people themselves.

The general thought here is that crypto is some sort of a money tree, but the ironic thing is that these are exactly the people ending up losing badly in this market. Making money requires knowledge and effort, and some luck.

Get rich mentality is destructive. If crypto was a poverty stopper, half the world population would jump into crypto without hesitation. People just need to accept that the majority here won't get rich/wealthy.

If you want to make an attempt to be less fiat dependent, convert a portion of your capital to Bitcoin. Bitcoin's long term potential will allow you to experience growth, and thus not lose purchasing power like is the case with fiat.

It's a first but very important step, because as long as you keep the majority of your savings in fiat, you'll be losing year after year. It's a very easy choice for me, and that's why I have done it a long time ago already.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
The rule that only accredited investors, which means people who are already wealthy, are allowed to participate in certain ICOs is senseless imo.
Most of the potential developers which have a big reputation and if they are planning to come up with a coin or a token,most of the times they are conducting these crowd funding privately and then allow the public to get into it,that is what happened with BAT and that is what is going to happen with Kotak, there is nothing you can do, so why arguing about it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250

Its not a rule but somehow there are specific ICO that I have also seen which went on that principle. I was literally shocked when I wanted to get into such projects but the minimum limit to invest into the coin was around 5K USD and in some it was around the 10K too. This happened with the well known project like Jibrel Network, IndasHash and also recently with the Insurepal. These guys were like rich bastards who only too the other rich bastards on there ship and went away. But I keep in mind that such project do very well in the later stages because they earn huge money and the spamming chances are reduced a lot. We can always participate them in the later stage of exchanger listing but only disadvantage is that we get the higher purchase prices and that cuts down our profit margin. But yeah there are many ICO like that who needs wealthy people.
Well I think everyone's has an opportunity and wealth is really depend on the person it is not depend on the words that says ordinary people are not allowed to be wealthy because everyone really has a chance to gain huge profit and it depends on them on how they do work with bitcoin in a most profitable way.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263

Its not a rule but somehow there are specific ICO that I have also seen which went on that principle. I was literally shocked when I wanted to get into such projects but the minimum limit to invest into the coin was around 5K USD and in some it was around the 10K too. This happened with the well known project like Jibrel Network, IndasHash and also recently with the Insurepal. These guys were like rich bastards who only too the other rich bastards on there ship and went away. But I keep in mind that such project do very well in the later stages because they earn huge money and the spamming chances are reduced a lot. We can always participate them in the later stage of exchanger listing but only disadvantage is that we get the higher purchase prices and that cuts down our profit margin. But yeah there are many ICO like that who needs wealthy people.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504

Crypto is for everyone who intends to go out of their poverty. Just do whatever you want and let those people say whatever they want to say and just focus on your own goals.
Activity: 352
Merit: 100
It's not even a requirement in ico that you have to be wealthy first, i've known many who started in cryptos as poor and yet they become rich. Change your perspective so that you'll attract more positive vibes. Just have to be patient and do your job.
In case of crypto currencies, there is nothing like that. All you need to have is your own personal interest along with the required amount of knowledge about different kind of things related to that of crypto currencies. There are several people who are now making some very good amount of money without investing anything into this stuff and all is because of signature campaign and different other campaigns.
Pages:
Jump to: