Pages:
Author

Topic: Z9 list of working pools/Fork updates - page 23. (Read 36856 times)

Activity: 173
Merit: 2
June 30, 2018, 12:41:05 PM
First of all, the metal fan protection is removed, secondly - it somehow works. I mean temperature drops by ~ 2 degrees and noise drops ~6 dB.
I actually bought it on ebay for another Antminer.

I dont really understand thermodynamics and all but is true that your ambiance temp is below 20c ?, this kind of extension modification not working for tropical climate (ambient above 25c), it only make it hotter (by 2-3 or more in celcius, on s9)
As for the noice reduction,  isn it because of projected sound ? The longer the cone will make lower noise but if you measure it on the projection area (in front of the cone) its the same db produced

Anyone tried to put additional exhaust fan on z9 mini ?

It works for me. The temperature is not going up. Today, we have 34C outside (28-29C in the room where this Z9 is located  (together with 20 GPUs)

Can you post a picture?  I'm in a similar environment.

I did, please look a few posts earlier. Here it is again:

I think he is asking for a picture with it on the miner and hooked up. Would be cool to see.

Here it is:

Wow, I didn't realize you had it on the intake. I'm actually surprised the temp went down 2 degree like that. I can see how the noise went down some.

This is how I reduced noise the first time: https://imgur.com/a/sPLMc1J

I had an A3 in there and it was pretty quiet actually.

Ended up taking the intake piece off and just covering the hole with the cheapest home AC vent filter. Worked well.

You are showing another interesting idea! The other advantage of this type of intake for the miner is that you can easily direct cooler air into it (hose from AC or fans or even just blow this air into the intake with an additional funnel). I have not done it yet but I might if I decide to go for max OC.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
June 30, 2018, 12:21:20 PM
Has anyone successfully mined Commercium (CMM) with the Z9?....
Activity: 14
June 30, 2018, 12:14:12 PM
First of all, the metal fan protection is removed, secondly - it somehow works. I mean temperature drops by ~ 2 degrees and noise drops ~6 dB.

I dont really understand thermodynamics and all but is true that your ambiance temp is below 20c ?, this kind of extension modification not working for tropical climate (ambient above 25c), it only make it hotter (by 2-3 or more in celcius, on s9)
As for the noice reduction,  isn it because of projected sound ? The longer the cone will make lower noise but if you measure it on the projection area (in front of the cone) its the same db produced

It works for me. The temperature is not going up. Today, we have 34C outside (28-29C in the room where this Z9 is located  (together with 20 GPUs)

https://imgur.com/a/Deg69Ed

I think he is asking for a picture with it on the miner and hooked up. Would be cool to see.

Here it is:

https://imgur.com/a/C5MzzLc

Wow, I didn't realize you had it on the intake. I'm actually surprised the temp went down 2 degree like that. I can see how the noise went down some.

This is how I reduced noise the first time: https://imgur.com/a/sPLMc1J

I had an A3 in there and it was pretty quiet actually.

Ended up taking the intake piece off and just covering the hole with the cheapest home AC vent filter. Worked well.
June 30, 2018, 12:06:42 PM

Here it is:

June 30, 2018, 11:53:20 AM

https://imgur.com/a/Deg69Ed

June 30, 2018, 11:52:07 AM
Buy an additional Z9 Mini for 676$ or not to buy!? Hard decision.

I thought of that as well and I decided to get the second batch Z9 yesterday
June 30, 2018, 11:48:05 AM

June 30, 2018, 11:46:35 AM
Buy an additional Z9 Mini for 676$ or not to buy!? Hard decision.
Activity: 42
June 30, 2018, 11:43:03 AM
wonder if new coins will be created when bitcoin gold forks.
Activity: 4
June 30, 2018, 10:43:08 AM
stratum+tcp://us.cmmmine.com:3032
wallet.miner
x

Is this correct set up to mine commercium with z9? thanks!
Activity: 64
June 30, 2018, 10:35:12 AM

As for the noice reduction,  isn it because of projected sound ? The longer the cone will make lower noise but if you measure it on the projection area (in front of the cone) its the same db produced

It works for me. The temperature is not going up. Today, we have 34C outside (28-29C in the room where this Z9 is located  (together with 20 GPUs)

Can you post a picture?  I'm in a similar environment.
June 30, 2018, 09:36:15 AM

Nice man, that's sweet.

Check out this setup I did. I wouldn't say this is the best by any means though. All for testing and fun.

https://imgur.com/a/E2D3cVD

I got these from home depot and just cut one side off and took the flap off and they fit the holes for the miners perfectly: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-4-in-Inline-Vent-Draft-Blocker-BD04HD/205046954

WOW. Great idea! I have the same portable AC (in addition to Central Air in my mining room and I will implement some parts of your design! Thank you.

Awesome man, glad to have showed something that can help. I do suggest a dehumidifier for the room. And no metal intake or exhaust. I tried those aluminum dryer exhausts and they would condensate. Haven't seen any with PVC yet. I'm not using anything for intake, they are just open with 3 additional fans in the fridge. Only PVC for the exhaust. You're welcome!
June 30, 2018, 09:28:07 AM
I wouldn't attach AC directly to the rigs like that. You'll get some bad rust.

https://youtu.be/GjU--8AUfD4?t=861

Dude, that is some long term rust right there. That doesn't just happen. You have to have plenty of condensation for that.

My AC unit isn't hooked directly to the miners. It is simply just going into the fridge to try to sustain a consistent temp and prevent noise. The fridge isn't even running, I cut a freon line bc I was getting too impatient cutting the exhaust holes.

Aluminum/metal increases risk of condensation which is why I have eliminated all metal and only use PVC. I tested with aluminum dryer exhaust and that would condensate really bad.

I am running a dehumidifier that is collecting the condensation as much as possible.

I have 3 different Antminers in there and they are all running at 70 temps for over 6 months now. I have 3 fans in the fridge as well to help circulate the air which warms up the cool air slightly before entering the miner(hopefully).

All exhausted with PVC parts straight to the attic. I'm not seeing any condensation inside the fridge yet. Only on the outside of the fridge on the outside of the black PVC pipes going from the unit to the fridge. Because the temps are 100F+ here right now in the summer. No condensation on the inside of the pipes either.

It's working for now, will have to see long term what happens.

I think having a working fridge would increase condensation too but not sure of the outcome of this method vs just having a running fridge yet.

Activity: 35
June 30, 2018, 07:21:40 AM
I wouldn't attach AC directly to the rigs like that. You'll get some bad rust.

https://youtu.be/GjU--8AUfD4?t=861
June 30, 2018, 07:06:34 AM

As for the noice reduction,  isn it because of projected sound ? The longer the cone will make lower noise but if you measure it on the projection area (in front of the cone) its the same db produced

It works for me. The temperature is not going up. Today, we have 34C outside (28-29C in the room where this Z9 is located  (together with 20 GPUs)

June 30, 2018, 07:04:02 AM

Nice man, that's sweet.

Check out this setup I did. I wouldn't say this is the best by any means though. All for testing and fun.

I got these from home depot and just cut one side off and took the flap off and they fit the holes for the miners perfectly: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-4-in-Inline-Vent-Draft-Blocker-BD04HD/205046954

WOW. Great idea! I have the same portable AC (in addition to Central Air in my mining room and I will implement some parts of your design! Thank you.
Activity: 168
June 30, 2018, 04:51:55 AM

Anything that redirects or alters airflow will warm it up slowly over a period of time. ambient temperatures and airflow is a strange beast.   even the silver grill on the rear that area added up is blocking that intake..i have thought of removing that silver grill and getting more clean air in.. just my thoughts if it helps..
June 30, 2018, 01:02:12 AM

I put one on from an A3...screw holes don't line up. Had to jerry rig it. But works great.
Activity: 32
June 30, 2018, 12:46:37 AM

June 29, 2018, 11:37:45 PM

Nice man, that's sweet.

Pages:
Jump to: