Pages:
Author

Topic: Zebpay, simplest bitcoin wallet available now on Play Store - page 4. (Read 9049 times)

legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003
Tried out the app. Got some free bits too Smiley
Very nice!!

One bug is when I search through my contacts to invite them I lose the ability to scroll.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
You should ping mahin, he normally  has really fast response time.

I don't know who that is , can you provide a link to his Profile pls.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/buysellbitcoin-67318
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace

I don't know who that is , can you provide a link to his Profile pls.
legendary
Sorry to say but really dont lke the app, first it is tooooo slooooooow. Setup itself takes around 5mins on 8Mbps wifi. Then there is no option to store bitcoin address, maybe by design so that it is limited to users of app.
Plus it does not work. I tried sending bitcoin to a bitcoin address and after pressing send it keeps loading for some time and then nothing happens,  if i retry it says unsufficient balance but the previous transaction is not shown in the app, neither has any bitcoins been received in the bitcoin address to which i tried to send.

I dont think anyone should risk their bitcoins by using this wallet.

I tried it and successfully sent the 1$ i got to myself in first attempt and the wallet seems pretty decent , you can find your address by clicking on Recieve
The only problem i got was unable to send invite sms

I was able to invite and stuff. Have been using Zebpay for a while now, right from its testnet phase. It has evolved amazingly.

I assume that it will evolve even further into multisig and other additions. Until then, I believe that it does serve an important purpose for the wallet eco system.
Getting a rock solid base in place where nothing gets lost is step one in any secure build as such.
Majority of people over the coming years, will not ask questions about offchain or onchain, in fact, I believe that this will become like the internet or electricity, Invisible, powerful and in different Avatars.

The Zebpay team is a trustworthy bunch, and for that, they will do well Smiley

The app is amazing indeed but when i send a invite , it does shows me Invite Sent but the 3rd person never received a sms , i have tried 1- times i think

legendary
Just looking for peace
Sorry to say but really dont lke the app, first it is tooooo slooooooow. Setup itself takes around 5mins on 8Mbps wifi. Then there is no option to store bitcoin address, maybe by design so that it is limited to users of app.
Plus it does not work. I tried sending bitcoin to a bitcoin address and after pressing send it keeps loading for some time and then nothing happens,  if i retry it says unsufficient balance but the previous transaction is not shown in the app, neither has any bitcoins been received in the bitcoin address to which i tried to send.

I tried it and successfully sent the 1$ i got to myself in first attempt and the wallet seems pretty decent , you can find your address by clicking on Recieve

I was able to invite and stuff. Have been using Zebpay for a while now, right from its testnet phase. It has evolved amazingly.

I assume that it will evolve even further into multisig and other additions. Until then, I believe that it does serve an important purpose for the wallet eco system.
Getting a rock solid base in place where nothing gets lost is step one in any secure build as such.
Majority of people over the coming years, will not ask questions about offchain or onchain, in fact, I believe that this will become like the internet or electricity, Invisible, powerful and in different Avatars.

The app is amazing indeed but when i send a invite , it does shows me Invite Sent but the 3rd person never received a sms , i have tried 1- times i think
legendary

legendary
Just looking for peace

Activity: 172
Merit: 22
okey! M going to give it a try.  Grin

gud try it
before offer gone

In the global forum everyone is suggesting not to touch it because of security problem & privacy issues...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/zebpay-for-android-wallet-linked-to-phone-number-930111
Activity: 55
Merit: 0

legendary
Just looking for peace
Really awesome! it seems to be a great wallet , i just seem to have a problem , whenever i send a invite ,it says OOPS Something went wrong and if i re-try it shows message sent! but the person never receives it :/
legendary
Just looking for peace
It seems really promising and good .
I would love to have a wallet to spend for my daily need.
I'll give it a try
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

gud try it
before offer gone
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
i earned total 30$ worth bits from this just reffer system and other gud wallet
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001
https://www.zebpay.com
Update :
Thank you Zebians for an overwhelming response. Since we have reached our targets, we have paused the free 1$ giveaway for now. Stay tuned.

Dear All

Thank you for your early interest in Zebpay, the world's simplest bitcoin app. We have received lots of feedback over the past couple of weeks.

We are happy to announce the global release of Zebpay (beta). You can now invite your friends and earn free bitcoins up to $5.

There is no need to worry about Bitcoin addresses or wallet backups. Your wallet is linked to your mobile number. Use Zebpay to accept Bitcoins on your mobile number or to send bitcoins to your non tech savvy friends and family.

Spread the love, spread Bitcoins using Zebpay without having to explain anyone about the complexities of Bitcoin.

Coming soon: buy vouchers, gift cards, airtime and more.

Welcome to the future of money, welcome to Zebpay!

Regards

Some questions we received:
1) Why are you storing private keys, don't you think bitcoin private keys must be under user's control?
A) We completely agree with that. If you don’t own private keys of your bitcoin, you don’t own bitcoins. Most of your bitcoins must reside in offline paper wallet securely under your control. We suggest a Multi Sig wallet as the best option to do that. But honestly, let’s look at the statement again and try to explain words like private key, offline paper wallet and Multi Sig. These terms will be much easier for people to understand once they start using bitcoin and have spend them for a couple of months. We want the average Joe to use bitcoins without worrying about the brilliant but complicated tech concepts.

Also we are focused on becoming a spend wallet. We never recommend people to store all their bitcoins in our wallet. In fact, at the moment if your wallet balance is greater than $1,000,  the display will turn red to indicate that you are storing too many bitcoins.

2) Why are you not having a web wallet?
A) At Zebpay, we are focused on becoming the simplest way to spend your bitcoins and we are focused on doing that through your mobile phone. Hence, we do not have any plans for having a web wallet.

3) Why do you have a referral program?
A) Zebpay is useful when your contacts are also on Zepay so you can easily transact with them. The referral program is so that our initial users have an incentive to invite their contacts.

4) Why do you need so many permissions on Android?
A) Zebpay works exactly like instant messaging apps like Whatsapp. We need the permissions so that most of the things are done automatically like contact sync and SMS verification.

5) Can you send bitcoins to users who have not yet installed Zebpay?
A) Yes, you can send bitcoins to any bitcoin address. You can also send bitcoins to any mobile number in your contact book. If they are not on Zebpay, they will get an SMS to download the app. They will get the bitcoins on installation. If they don’t install Zebpay within 2 days, your account will be credited back with the bitcoins you had sent.
Pages:
Jump to: