Pages:
Author

Topic: [ZEC] Zcash Speculation - page 28. (Read 54086 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049
October 19, 2016, 01:03:39 PM
Hi, anybody could mention here how to buy zcash ?
Not possible yet. You'll have to wait for the launch on October 28th. However you can still bet on the price in the futures market over at bitmex. The way this works is that people short and others can then take those offers and long. On December 30th the market will be settled at the current market price. So if you believe the price is too low at 0.2 BTC, you could long now and then if the market price is 0.3 BTC on December 30th you'll have made 50% profit. Keep in mind that the market may fluctuate a lot in the meantime and you'll have a liquidation price, so there's a risk with the high volatility. You could add more funds to your account to maintain a better liquidation price though.
How can I create a Zcash wallet in windows environment or online and where from I can buy Zcash the fastest after October 28?
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
October 19, 2016, 12:09:59 PM
Not possible yet. You'll have to wait for the launch on October 28th. However you can still bet on the price in the futures market over at bitmex. The way this works is that people short and others can then take those offers and long. On December 30th the market will be settled at the current market price. So if you believe the price is too low at 0.2 BTC, you could long now and then if the market price is 0.3 BTC on December 30th you'll have made 50% profit. Keep in mind that the market may fluctuate a lot in the meantime and you'll have a liquidation price, so there's a risk with the high volatility. You could add more funds to your account to maintain a better liquidation price though.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
October 19, 2016, 11:28:03 AM
Sems ZCoin will be biggest competitor of ZCash

Tonight Gary Le of Zcoin explains why the Zcoin team felt so compelled to step up and commit to 100 Zcoin per month for 4 years to the Ross Ulbricht defense fund from ZCoin founders reward.

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/the-crypto-show-with-gary-le-of-zcoin-lyn-ulbricht-and-tatiana-moroz
hdn
Activity: 682
Merit: 500
October 19, 2016, 10:49:50 AM
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
October 19, 2016, 06:07:47 AM
ZCash won't be a fungible cryptocurrency: weuse.cash/2016/06/09/btc-xmr-zcash/

Then the question is "what's the point?"

Answer: Cash grab
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
October 19, 2016, 06:06:03 AM
ZCash won't be a fungible cryptocurrency: weuse.cash/2016/06/09/btc-xmr-zcash/

Also worthy to mention:

The founders, employees, and advisors are collectively receiving 5.7% of the monetary base over the four years. The investors are receiving 1.6% of the Zcash monetary base, over the first year. The Zcash Co is receiving 1.2% of the monetary base (over four years) to fund new commercial projects. The Zcash Foundation is receiving 1.4% of the monetary base (over four years) to support the technology, on behalf of all users.
source: https://z.cash/blog/continued-funding-and-transparency.html

This means that 336k ZEC will be distributed to the private investors, who will likely be dumping most of them.
In the first year 2625k ZEC will be mined, so this means that private investors will receive 12.8% of the supply in the first year.

Anyone buying this corporate coin should be aware of this 12.8% dumping risk.

edit: and this is assuming employees, the company or the foundation won't sell any coins of the remaining 7.2%
legendary
October 19, 2016, 05:58:09 AM
ZEC is one of the most anticipated coins in the history of crypto. First announced as Zerocoin in 2013 and later Zerocash in an improved version (now Zcash for short). The idea of complete anonymity has always been attractive to crypto enthusiasts and could possibly be a requirement in the future to ensure fungibility. I think Zerocoin is one that most early adopters of bitcoin are aware of. This long period since announcement and release has surely built up a lot of excitement. However there has since come out several other "anonymous" crypto's.

In my opinion the current price is crazy. There's no way it's worth that much. Even if the technology is great, it has no usage or adoption. But still, I wouldn't be surprised if things got even crazier. There's obviously a lot of hype going on. My guess is that the price won't last as coins enter the market, more than 430k will be mined in the first two months. The futures are for price on Dec 30th which means it has to stay that high after a full two months. It seems unlikely, so I'll try my luck shorting as it continues up from 0.2 BTC.
legendary
October 19, 2016, 05:38:45 AM
Zcash's monetary base will be the same as Bitcoin's — 21 million Zcash currency units (ZEC, or ⓩ) will be mined over time. 10% of that reward will be distributed to the stakeholders in the Zcash Company — founders, investors, employees, and advisors. We call this the “Founders Reward”.

At first, 50 ZEC will be created every ten minutes. 80% of the newly created ZEC will go to the miners, and 20% ZEC to the founders.

Every four years, the rate of ZEC being created will halve (again, just like in Bitcoin). After the first four years the ZEC created per ten minutes will drop to 25ⓩ, but after the first four years, 100% of it goes to the miners.

The end result (as shown in the diagram) is that there will ultimately be 21 million ⓩ, and 10% of it, or 2.1 million ⓩ, will have been initially distributed to the founders.

edit: It seems slow mining will be used instead of the above (thanks to bobabouey2 for analysis):
legendary
October 19, 2016, 05:38:34 AM

Zcash is launching on Oct 28th 2016

It's already traded as futures on bitmex. Currently the market has predicted that the price will be 0.2 BTC on December 30th 2016.

Since I couldn't find a speculation topic I'm creating one. Will keep moderation to a minimum (remove off-topic, spam etc)

Pages:
Jump to: