Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 847. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 510
I find it interesting that once people started asking questions in the previous thread, you locked it and started a self moderating one. That indicates a level of insecurity, immaturity and paranoia that I find alarming.

Only to people like you we started a new thread because we changed the entire algorithm read before you respond with your propaganda also pre announcement and announcement 2 different things GTFO of here and go spread your crap elsewhere
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
I find it interesting that once people started asking questions in the previous thread, you locked it and started a self moderating one. That indicates a level of insecurity, immaturity and paranoia that I find alarming.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

http://zeit.hashstrike.com

** 0% fees at launch **
Stratum + PPLNS
No clumsy email confirmations for withdrawals
Payouts every minute

Some quotes from our miners:

"I already have 1/3 the coins on HashStrike in less than an hour than I had all night on (another pool)!" - from IRC

"any miners reading this should check out @HashStrike they seem pretty legit and stable, reliable. Let me know what you think" - twitter, @ScottaBeTrue

"@HashStrike You servers have been very reliable indeed.  I use your pools often.  Great work team #hashstrike" -twitter, @gamingatemylife

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I thought I was bad at three.... Off to get a few more setup.

Which pool will everyone use?

I have 5 in a config, will use the working one.
for some reason I can no longer get in the IRC

I couldnt get through kiwi either had to switch here is the new url

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=Zeitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

I have 5 in a config, will use the working one.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001
for some reason I can no longer get in the IRC
Activity: 70
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
So, which pool is going to get the most blocks at launch!
Activity: 28
We are not dumping our coin if we were we wouldn't be giving out 400 Million now which is what the total will be.

The one thing I can't understand - 1 coin per block after 6 weeks. WTF? What you are trying to achieve?

This has been answered read back

Proof of stake will kick in then you will be making coins just for having coins in your wallet.

You will be given 25% interest on the coins you have in your wallet that is the purpose.

You can read more here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake

and here

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake
legendary
We are not dumping our coin if we were we wouldn't be giving out 400 Million now which is what the total will be.

The one thing I can't understand - 1 coin per block after 6 weeks. WTF? What you are trying to achieve?

legendary
Hi everyone! I'm new about cryptocurrency, I would like to mine this one from day one.

I don't have a powerful pc but just a laptop, right now I was going on by renting server and I know they are not the best option. So I would like to switch to something more effective, like a rig. The problem is that I don't know which service I could use for this purpose...

Any help?

And, a silly question: is there a big difference if I start to mine at the moment of the launch or if I wait 4-6 hour?

First up, I totally respect your enthusiasm. However, unless you have a kickass laptop you're not going to see good returns. Solo mining isn't your best option, look into joining a P2Pool or an online pool - the first post should point you to some starting points there.

If you have an ATI GPU in there look into CGminer
If you have an nVidia GPU research CUDAminer
If you don't have either look into CPU mining

There's tonnes of info out there just please make sure you do some risk/reward calcs before throwing it all in for a mining rig or machine upggrades.
Thank you for your kind answer!

I really like the idea behind cryptocurrency, that's why I'm experimenting so much.

Yeah, I would like to make some calculation, but right now I've not found yet a paper who clearly explain the correlation between hashrate, difficulty and so on...

Anyway, right now I'm cpumining with windows azure server, but I think I'll try a couple of hour of rig rental to see (with mintcoin) how does it work.

Just to be clear: to mine zeitcoin I should use a Scrypt-algo rig, and not a Scrypt-A-nFactor rig, right?

Yep, this is a traditional Scrypt coin, no funky Scryot-N going on.

GPU mining is very effective with Scrypt, but I guess if you can scale-out CPU over multiple VMs for a good price that will work out too. The ratio of GPU:CPU is not in your favour though.

Don't listen, just buy, because there will be premine dump from the launch on exchange.
Activity: 98
I like the idea of just mining in the beginning and then have only PoS. In this way, people will hold the coins longer instead of immediately sell of the mined coins. Checkout Mintcoin behaviour, it will go into PoS in 2 weeks. I guess this coin will behave the same. But I have to say I'm really interested what will happen after 6 weeks. It's important to gain interest from buyers then.
About the movement, I'm not believing everything that is said, but you have to admit we for sure should not believe everything that is said by government, banks and organisations with a lot of power. We should think and judge for ourselves.
Activity: 59
Hi everyone! I'm new about cryptocurrency, I would like to mine this one from day one.

I don't have a powerful pc but just a laptop, right now I was going on by renting server and I know they are not the best option. So I would like to switch to something more effective, like a rig. The problem is that I don't know which service I could use for this purpose...

Any help?

And, a silly question: is there a big difference if I start to mine at the moment of the launch or if I wait 4-6 hour?

First up, I totally respect your enthusiasm. However, unless you have a kickass laptop you're not going to see good returns. Solo mining isn't your best option, look into joining a P2Pool or an online pool - the first post should point you to some starting points there.

If you have an ATI GPU in there look into CGminer
If you have an nVidia GPU research CUDAminer
If you don't have either look into CPU mining

There's tonnes of info out there just please make sure you do some risk/reward calcs before throwing it all in for a mining rig or machine upggrades.
Thank you for your kind answer!

I really like the idea behind cryptocurrency, that's why I'm experimenting so much.

Yeah, I would like to make some calculation, but right now I've not found yet a paper who clearly explain the correlation between hashrate, difficulty and so on...

Anyway, right now I'm cpumining with windows azure server, but I think I'll try a couple of hour of rig rental to see (with mintcoin) how does it work.

Just to be clear: to mine zeitcoin I should use a Scrypt-algo rig, and not a Scrypt-A-nFactor rig, right?

Yep, this is a traditional Scrypt coin, no funky Scryot-N going on.

GPU mining is very effective with Scrypt, but I guess if you can scale-out CPU over multiple VMs for a good price that will work out too. The ratio of GPU:CPU is not in your favour though.
Jump to: