Pages:
Author

Topic: Zilminer - mine POW coin in dual mine mode with almost no power use!!!!! - page 15. (Read 6609 times)

legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
Its hard to tell, network just banned a lot of nodes so we had a lot of shares....
I suspect there are bad players that try to cheat so when they get kicked out network work better
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
@reb0rn21 I have switched to the miner you suggested (downloaded from mediafire).

let's see if the rejects decrease now...
Activity: 675
Merit: 100
Yeah these continuous swings between doubling the hash rate and halving just because 100 nodes hit or missed the PoW is a bit ridiculous.
legendary
yes could be network, could be miner....... there is still a lot of work dev need to do on this coin
first fix diff retarget so we don`t lose 600 nodes reward each 2 block, also drop their nodes that just take most the space so we are left with few

atm everyone is experiencing a lot of reject that can change fast

@tf2addict
see the default values for those commands and try to drop them down by 50% and test
I know this will look dumb, but what is considered a reject?
where can I see it?

this is what i see on the site:

PoWs Accepted   1
PoWs Submitted   6

Is that 5 rejects?
What is the difference between -cl-local-work and -cl-global-work?  Which do I want to set if I want to reduce the intensity on my GPUs to see if it fixes my network disconnect problem?
legendary
Have no idea if its happen when POW activate maybe your PC does not like very high priority GPU use zilminer start and it kill you network
You can see commands with zilminer --help-ext cl for AMD or --help-ext cu for NV and drop down work size defaults

With last pool update HIGH RATE of initial rejects on each POW block is normal as miner is hashing dupe work to be ready for miner switch for stability!, so each POW start you will get one rejects! which is fake, I hope miner dev change or hide this as ppl are confused

Also there is some issue with network for all, way too many rejects even for this coin atm, I hope they release updated node soon Sad
Anyone have issues with your network connection dropping out when zilminer starts mining, especially when running more than one GPU?

No if you mean inside POW then its normal miner to drop share and recconect for more work

Pool has been readjusted for more node use, will see if rejected change in next POW run

What I mean is my entire network connection on the machine running zilminer dies for 10-30 seconds.  It never happens when only using one GPU, only when using multiple GPUs.  And yes I have rebooted everything in the network (PCs, routers, modem).
legendary
Anyone have issues with your network connection dropping out when zilminer starts mining, especially when running more than one GPU?

No if you mean inside POW then its normal miner to drop share and recconect for more work

Pool has been readjusted for more node use, will see if rejected change in next POW run
Activity: 72
I was running out of memory. Restarted rig and now it works thanks
legendary
atm its a bit under 1$ per 6 card rig, but diff is going up

@sommersut
you need to test if grin.bat and stop.bat are working fine by runing them, they need to start/stop the grin miner
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Is there any indication of hashrate... or reward calculators anywhere?
What can one expect from the usual GPU suspects on a daily basis? I've got a few I could spare I suppose, but not home at present so I can't really remote in and setup a test box...
Yes, I am running from the mediafire file you sent. I will keep trying maybe it is a W10 limitation
legendary
do you have setup to close primary miner?
download my zip file and see how its done, most probably there is conflict with both miners runing or your gpu get out of ram due windows limitation
It started working for me.
However after the first run, zilminer return with cu1, cu2, etc marks in red color and dont work properly.
I expanded the PC virtual memory, cleared dag and also my GPUs have 8 GB ram.

Any help?
legendary
Hi,

i have only rejected, i hope in new version soon, there are new commits in github.

https://github.com/DurianStallSingapore/ZILMiner/compare/v0.2.16...master

Bye

try 0.2.1.3 or v0.1.25 some ppl had luck only with those

0.2.16.1 do produce more rejected shares but some are face and produce more so at the end result is same or better, just see if it works for you
Activity: 28
Hi,

i have only rejected, i hope in new version soon, there are new commits in github.

https://github.com/DurianStallSingapore/ZILMiner/compare/v0.2.16...master

Bye

legendary
I see some ppl have lots of rejects, for most latest zilminer works fine, but looks like not for all ppl, if you have more then 60% rejects try older version v0.2.13

first reject after 10-20ms of POW start on new miner is expected (its done on purpose so miner can free enough ram), after that no (you should get accepted), also rejects after 30-40sec are also expected, its the way coin blockchain work.... more optimization are being done but the hash race to fill shard in 10-20sec  will always produce a some rejects
Thanks, that worked.

The owner of http://rudnik.hopto.org:5000/ sould update the `get wallet link`with a better page link.
Pages:
Jump to: