Pages:
Author

Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine[In Progress] - page 9. (Read 58977 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I agree...I'm totally puzzled why USA continues to pour money there, they could for example collect all human feces off the streets of San Francisco.

Good old Soviet propaganda nugget "but there are homeless people in America!@!!!"

BTW US federal government (the entity that "pours money [into Ukraine]") typically doesn't clean city streets. That sort of shit (no pun intended) usually is the responsibility of the city government. And if the city of San Francisco (i.e. its residents by proxy of their elected officials) likes their shitty streets - that's their constitutional right.

But facts wouldn't make you feel good about your smart-ass putinism so please continue to disregard them.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
Other readers please know - when russians capture ukrainians, they torture them till they cooperate with captors, say on camera every unimaginable bullshit they are given to tell. This already happened in 1960s with POWs in Korea and Vietnam.

Last two years I lived more in Ukraine than in my home country. I know the truth.
Getting tortured isn't worst what could happen. There is plenty of videos on internet how Russians are killing Ukrainian POW's and troops who already surrender. And we can already guess how many cases there is which aren't uploaded to internet.
Though, on the other hand, sometimes it's fun to watch what Russian POW's are saying in front of camera. Now way that they would decide to tell it themselves. But war is war.

So this is Russian propaganda too? Sky news?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=KXhC8WREVKM
And your point is?

Meanwhile, mobilisation in Ukraine continues

https://t.me/ukr_leaks_eng/12275

Another cinema from Golden Mosfilm collection. But they're getting boring as we already saw same crap year or two ago.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575
Do not die for Putin
It is interesting Branko that you claim to have family who fought fascists and you do not seem to be able to tell one. Or maybe is a question of having the right type of fascism?

Usual russian pig propoganda
Other readers please know - when russians capture ukrainians, they torture them till they cooperate with captors, say on camera every unimaginable bullshit they are given to tell. This already happened in 1960s with POWs in Korea and Vietnam.

Last two years I lived more in Ukraine than in my home country. I know the truth.

By now anyone other than Ruzzia could have figured out that this war is not a good idea. I read today the economic cost of the war. It is more than 200 billions. It would have produced much better results if invested literally in anything else.

Just for comparison, you could buy the whole Pepsi Co. with the money wasted, or nearly 2/3 of Bank of America, nearly all Netflix, the whole of Mcdonalds, ... This is just for all to understand how stupid is to waste money for a landgrab that has nothing on in after you shell & destroy.

It would have served Ruzzia much better to build something useful and profitable, but I guess that is not the Ruzzian way.

Oh, add a few more tens... This night there has been an ATACAMS strike - the ones that "do not work" - on the airbase in Belbek, Sebastopol. The pictures of the day before show more than 10 Su jets parked in there. Anyone for a betting on how many are no longer in services?

I agree...I'm totally puzzled why USA continues to pour money there, they could for example collect all human feces off the streets of San Francisco.
[...]

Quite simple, the more you demilitarise Ruzzia and the more the Ruzzian economy gets crippled the less money you have to spend in having troops and means. It is called the peace dividend.

do you think that US economy is suffering by selling more weapons? do you think that 200 billions mean anything for the US?  0.3% of their gdp? 0.4% if things are more interesting for them?

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/28/economy/russia-military-spending-economic-impact/index.html

He said that before the war Russia would typically splash around 3-4% of its annual gross domestic product on defense but now it could be anywhere between 8% and 10%.

Revenues from the oil and gas sector were 41% lower in the January-to-July period than in the same period in 2022.

That means the government is having to borrow more. Government debt, currently at 14.9% of GDP, is set to rise.

I hope you now understand better what is happening in Ukraine. If not read about the fall of communism in USSR, it is the same.

A quick update on the planes destroyed in Sebastopol, along with a few radars. Ruzzia intercepted the missiles with an air defend radar, in the sense that the missiles destroyed the radar on its location.

https://youtu.be/VbKeiQXVnAU

[moderator's note: multiple posts have been merged]
Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

By now anyone other than Ruzzia could have figured out that this war is not a good idea. I read today the economic cost of the war. It is more than 200 billions. It would have produced much better results if invested literally in anything else.

Just for comparison, you could buy the whole Pepsi Co. with the money wasted, or nearly 2/3 of Bank of America, nearly all Netflix, the whole of Mcdonalds, ... This is just for all to understand how stupid is to waste money for a landgrab that has nothing on in after you shell & destroy.

It would have served Ruzzia much better to build something useful and profitable, but I guess that is not the Ruzzian way.

Oh, add a few more tens... This night there has been an ATACAMS strike - the ones that "do not work" - on the airbase in Belbek, Sebastopol. The pictures of the day before show more than 10 Su jets parked in there. Anyone for a betting on how many are no longer in services?

Otherwise we could expect plague like in middle ages

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/View/index.html?appid=b6fab720912642b6aedafdb02a76d2a4

Meanwhile, mobilisation in Ukraine continues

https://t.me/ukr_leaks_eng/12275
legendary
Do not die for Putin

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029
Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

Nothing to see here, just usual recruitment procedure in Ukraine:

https://t.me/ukr_leaks_eng/12294

Confessions of captured member of Ukrainian blocking unit member:

https://t.me/ukr_leaks_eng/12283

Who pull the strings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d80-VBATx0Y
legendary
Do not die for Putin

You mean that Ukrainians are blaming each others? Like if you would for example choose to demote Shoigu because everything is going perfect?

Shoigu is promoted

Of course.

Hey dumBAss! Have you heard that Trump has now decided that Ukraine matters to the US? I hope you do not suffer an epilepsy now trying to change the narrative so sudenly... this must be like a 12-G manoeuvre...do not black out. Ukraine has long announced further mobilisations. It is to be expected that to have a country with Ruzzia as a neighbourgh you'd need to be prepared for war.

I just wanted to thank you for your wishes of good health for me.
[...]

You physical health, I have given up on anything else.

You mean that Ukrainians are blaming each others? Like if you would for example choose to demote Shoigu because everything is going perfect?

Shoigu is promoted
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
But if Putin doesn't act appropriately for Russians, Russian people will start to terrorize Ukraine themselves. They won't announce it; they'll simply do it.

Lol. What are they gonna do? Rape, steal, mass murder, bomb or invade Ukrainian people? Heh .. which difference with things currently done by Ruzzians in Ukraine?

Yep. But to be positive, help the Ukrainians to flee Ukraine through 'underground' methods. This is being done, but it is being done so successfully and secretly that it s not being reported very much. Besides, all you have to do is check with Romania to see that the Ukrainians would rather flee than fight.

The fewer people Ukraine has to fight their silly war, the better chance that the war will be over. There will be less dead, and there will be peace in the Ukraine area.

It works like this. Ukraine isn't doing this in Russia (much), because there are too many Russians in Russia who would stand up to them. Besides, there aren't enough Ukrainians to do it much. But if the many Russian people started doing this in Ukraine, the Ukrainians would realize that Russia COULD do it, and the fear and knowledge of the possibility that they might be next would push them to stop Zelensky and the war.

It isn't the doing of successful terrorism that affects people. Rather, it is the fear of it.

Cool
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
But if Putin doesn't act appropriately for Russians, Russian people will start to terrorize Ukraine themselves. They won't announce it; they'll simply do it.

Lol. What are they gonna do? Rape, steal, mass murder, bomb or invade Ukrainian people? Heh .. which difference with things currently done by Ruzzians in Ukraine?
legendary

Hey dumBAss! Have you heard that Trump has now decided that Ukraine matters to the US? I hope you do not suffer an epilepsy now trying to change the narrative so sudenly... this must be like a 12-G manoeuvre...do not black out. Ukraine has long announced further mobilisations. It is to be expected that to have a country with Ruzzia as a neighbourgh you'd need to be prepared for war.

I just wanted to thank you for your wishes of good health for me.

Words are easy. That's why Ukraine keeps on announcing stuff.

Russia sits there and chuckles a little when Ukraine 'announces'.

Russia is getting hurt by Ukrainian terrorism. But if Putin doesn't act appropriately for Russians, Russian people will start to terrorize Ukraine themselves. They won't announce it; they'll simply do it.

It is difficult to know what anybody else is thinking, especially government leaders. Maybe that's what Putin is waiting for.

Cool
legendary
Do not die for Putin

Stoltenberg stating the obvious:

"On the question about NATO's role in reconstruction of Ukraine after the war. The first thing I will say is that first of all, you need to ensure that Ukraine prevails. Because unless Ukraine prevails, there's nothing to reconstruct in the free and independent Ukraine. So the most immediate, the most important task now is to help Ukraine with military support as NATO Allies and NATO do. We need to sustain that. We need to make the support more predictable and more robust, and we are going to hopefully make decisions on that not least at the NATO Summit in July," Stoltenberg said.

Read also: China's support allows Russia to wage war against Ukraine - Stoltenberg
He noted that the future recovery of Ukraine will be a very costly process. In this context, preventing destruction is cheaper than subsequent recovery. Therefore, the more capabilities the allies provide to Ukraine so that it can defend itself, the less effort will be required for the nation’s post-war recovery.

“Every air defense missile we can provide Ukraine will actually mean less damage, less destruction. And then also less need for reconstruction after the war. We must be able to help Ukraine prevail because it's important for Ukrainians. But also because every day this war drags on, of course, the more destruction and the more expensive, the more resource demanding it will be to do reconstruction afterwards," the head of the Alliance emphasized.

"The sooner Ukraine can prevail, the sooner this war can end with just a lasting peace where Ukraine prevails as a sovereign independent nation in Europe," Stoltenberg added.

f16s are said to be arriving along June, my guess the US ones in July.

Some entertainment. I cannot but see the resemblance with phosphorous munitions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4N82wPpdg8
legendary
Finally, Ukraine has decided to enter themselves into their war. All this while they have only been 'playing around', right? Now, with something like 600,000 of their people dead in the fight, they are thinking about getting serious and killing off the rest. Lol.

Poor, misguided Ukrainian people. The millions who left Ukraine at the start of the war are mostly still alive. And they feel sorry for their brothers and sisters who elected to stay and die... their meek-of-the-mind brothers and sister.

Well, you only live once. And once you are dead, it doesn't matter to you any longer. The saying that says that the meek will inherit the earth is true in Ukraine. The question is, in Ukraine, in what part of the earth are the Ukrainian troops buried?

Wanna help Ukraine? Look here to see the Ukrainians who really need your help - Six more Ukrainians drown trying to flee abroad – media - https://www.rt.com/russia/597106-ukraine-border-men-drowned/.

Ukrainian government warns of possible full mobilization

https://www.rt.com/russia/597420-ukraine-society-full-mobilization/
Defense Ministry spokesman Dmitry Lazutkin declares end of “peaceful life” until Russia defeated

The whole of Ukrainian society will need to make sacrifices and forget about their peaceful lives to defeat Russia, Defense Ministry spokesman Dmitry Lazutkin has argued.

Kiev is overhauling its conscription system to boost troop numbers following a series of setbacks in its conflict with Moscow, with harsh reforms set to come into force next week.

“Globally speaking, starting on May 18, when the mobilization law comes into force, first of all, the approach to this war will change,” Lazutkin told Espresso TV on Saturday. “This situation where some people are fighting at the front lines while others are living their quiet lives, is obviously coming to an end.”

Life in Kiev is “strikingly different” from the situation in the east of the country, which is “abnormal.”

“It would be normal if our enemy was weak. But with such an enemy, the whole country and the whole of society need to mobilize,” Lazutkin added.

Cool
legendary
Do not die for Putin

How would Trump gain at least to a point my respect? If Ruzzia were to give a meaningful chunk of he Ukrainian land they have taken. THAT would proof some statesmanship. For a funny example, I can close a deal in the name of Ukraine that gives Putin half of the country and two major cities (for example), or for that matter sell you a car and on top pay you to take it, but that makes me a stupid not a businessman.

Interesting watching even you pivot from back to borders of 1991 to would be nice to get just a meaningful chunk back. Biggest tragedy is that it was on the table during the negotiations before Johnson torpedoed them now looks like too much Russian blood has been spilled for that to be acceptable, that's the problem with raising the stakes.

There is a more interesting topic, but you may not like it or most likely you will say it is not true, but anyway: Today has marked the record of Ruzzian soldiers killed. Not only that, it seems that is NOT the record of vehicles destroyed. If you wish to give credit, 1700 Ruzzian soldiers died. They did not have adequate vehicle support.

I guess you'd like to question this?

The cause is the Kharkiv attack vector, which is an absolute crazy idea.

Question you? Now why would anyone even think of that? We of course just blindly trust any numbers that you write without any citations.

Now back to the real world

[...]

With such news, Ukraine could use a lot of damage control right about now to keep morale from collapsing.

Collapsing? I though you said something about back reality? Well, I can see that anything that does not look "surrender" is not "reality". Ruzzia has lost a bit under 1470 soldiers in a day. Please, keep "winning" and keep pressing near Kharkiv, you are right, I am wrong, keep it up.

I have not pivoted and I have not said what chunk of land either if you read carefully ("meaningful" could cover up to 30 km of Moscow). I am just saying that I can conceive a plan that would work as fast as Trump plan. All you need to do is to fulfil you troll wet dream of a surrender. Would that be something that require ingenuity, statesman ship or even vision of the future? Nah. Even your little troll mind can think of it.

There is a more interesting topic, but you may not like it or most likely you will say it is not true, but anyway: Today has marked the record of Ruzzian soldiers killed. Not only that, it seems that is NOT the record of vehicles destroyed. If you wish to give credit, 1700 Ruzzian soldiers died. They did not have adequate vehicle support.

I have already expressed my opinion on this matter a little higher, I think this is a regular diversionary strike in order to force Syrsky to transfer reserves from other sectors of the front and accordingly weaken them (because he has no free combat-ready reserves). Syrsky now has a very difficult situation - he is forced to do what he does not want, because he cannot simply ignore the attack of the "North" group.

Regarding human losses and a small number of armored vehicle losses. The assault troops of the "North" group consist of "Storm Z" fighters - these are former prisoners who entered into a contract with the Ministry of Defense. In fact, these are suicide bombers; they are not entitled to armored vehicles. But the “North” group has powerful support of about a thousand artillery barrels (this is more than in the Avdeevsky direction), plus aviation support with guided bombs. Therefore, their raid will continue successfully with further losses of territory in Ukraine until Syrsky transfers at least a couple of brigades here to stop them. Then a strike will follow on the weakened section of the front. Wait, this will happen within a month, before the peace conference in Switzerland.

The thing about diversionary strikes that require troops to divert troop from the opponent is that... well, you have to divert your troops too.

If you are saying that all the killed were convicts, I will have to take your word for it, but you must reckon is difficult to believe. I can see that Ruzzia has been able to take a few kilometres which may or may not mean something. Time will tell.

Three Ukrainian helicopters went to refuel, minute later Iskander destroyed all of them.
It seems Russian reaction time improved drastically compared to 2022 and 2023:

https://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/tri-ukrajinska-helikoptera-sletjela-kod-fronte-vidio-ih-dron-unisteni-su-zacas/2565059.aspx
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1786
In order to dump coins one must have coins

How would Trump gain at least to a point my respect? If Ruzzia were to give a meaningful chunk of he Ukrainian land they have taken. THAT would proof some statesmanship. For a funny example, I can close a deal in the name of Ukraine that gives Putin half of the country and two major cities (for example), or for that matter sell you a car and on top pay you to take it, but that makes me a stupid not a businessman.

Interesting watching even you pivot from back to borders of 1991 to would be nice to get just a meaningful chunk back. Biggest tragedy is that it was on the table during the negotiations before Johnson torpedoed them now looks like too much Russian blood has been spilled for that to be acceptable, that's the problem with raising the stakes.

Question you? Now why would anyone even think of that? We of course just blindly trust any numbers that you write without any citations.

Now back to the real world

Russian Forces Push Deeper Into Northern Ukraine

With Ukrainian troops outnumbered, exhausted and now in retreat near Kharkiv, many Ukrainians wonder if the war has taken a significant turn for the worse.
In the past three days, Russian troops, backed by fighter jets, artillery and lethal drones, have poured across Ukraine’s northeastern border and seized at least nine villages and settlements, ­and more square miles per day than at almost any other point in the war, save the very beginning.

In some places, Ukrainian troops are retreating, and Ukrainian commanders are blaming each other for the defeats.
Military experts say the Russian advance has put Ukraine in a very dangerous spot. Ukrainian troops have been complaining for months about severe shortages of ammunition — exacerbated by the tangles in the U.S. Congress that delayed the delivery of key weapons. And Ukrainian soldiers, by all accounts, are exhausted.

More than two years of trying to fight off a country with three times the population to draw from has left Ukraine so depleted and desperate for fresh troops that its lawmakers have voted to mobilize convicts, a controversial practice that Ukraine had ridiculed Russia for using in the first half of the war.

One Ukrainian commander took the unusual step on Sunday of blasting his colleagues for what he said were terrible border defenses.

“The first line of fortifications and mines just didn’t exist,” Denys Yaroslavsky, a reconnaissance commander, wrote on Facebook. “The enemy freely entered the gray area, across the border line, which in principle should not have been gray!”
Commander Yaroslavsky added that street fights had broken out in Vovchansk, a small town near Kharkiv, and that it was now surrounded. “I say this because we can die and no one will hear the truth,” he wrote. “Then why is it all for?!”
The Russians are pressing on Lyptsi, another small town that is even closer to Kharkiv than Vovchansk. Residents who fled in evacuation vans on Sunday said the situation in Lyptsi was not looking good.
Taking Lyptsi would put the Russians within artillery range of Kharkiv, a metropolis of more than a million people that was just struggling to come back to life. All this, for the Ukrainians, is a bad case of déjà vu.
Part of the Russians’ plan with this overall attack, military analysts said, is to threaten Kharkiv and force Ukraine to divert troops from other battlefields, especially those in the eastern Donbas region.

And that’s exactly what is happening. A group of Ukrainian special forces soldiers were huddling at a gas station on Sunday afternoon, swigging energy drinks and trying to get the lay of the land. They looked tired. And they said they had just been redeployed from Donbas.

“The Russians have understood, just as a lot of analysts have, that the major disadvantage that Ukraine is currently suffering from is manpower,” said Franz-Stefan Gady, a Vienna-based military analyst. “By thinning out the front line, you are increasing the odds of a breakthrough.”
Russian leaders want to push Ukrainians back from the border and carve out a buffer zone, a mission they began on Friday at dawn.
Another Ukrainian soldier serving near Kharkiv who spoke by telephone on Sunday said he and his comrades hadn’t slept in days and were in shock at how fast the Russians were moving.

With such news, Ukraine could use a lot of damage control right about now to keep morale from collapsing.
copper member
Activity: 2072
Merit: 901
White Russian

I have already expressed my opinion on this matter a little higher, I think this is a regular diversionary strike in order to force Syrsky to transfer reserves from other sectors of the front and accordingly weaken them (because he has no free combat-ready reserves). Syrsky now has a very difficult situation - he is forced to do what he does not want, because he cannot simply ignore the attack of the "North" group.

Regarding human losses and a small number of armored vehicle losses. The assault troops of the "North" group consist of "Storm Z" fighters - these are former prisoners who entered into a contract with the Ministry of Defense. In fact, these are suicide bombers; they are not entitled to armored vehicles. But the “North” group has powerful support of about a thousand artillery barrels (this is more than in the Avdeevsky direction), plus aviation support with guided bombs. Therefore, their raid will continue successfully with further losses of territory in Ukraine until Syrsky transfers at least a couple of brigades here to stop them. Then a strike will follow on the weakened section of the front. Wait, this will happen within a month, before the peace conference in Switzerland.
legendary
Do not die for Putin
Shoigu civilian? ... well, short of...

Shoigu received the rank of major general in 1993,[12] and was promoted swiftly to lieutenant general in 1995,[13] colonel general in 1998,[14] and to army general, in practice the highest Russian military rank, in 2003.[15]
Yep, Shoigu civilian. Before becoming a major general, he was a lieutenant, and received the rank of lieutenant thanks to his studies at a university with a military department. And you yourself know this very well, but out of habit you quoted only that part of the information that is beneficial to you. You have a professional deformation from an overdose of propaganda. Grin

Oh, so he was civilian before he is no longer civilian. So now is not civilian? And somehow I am doing propaganda? You have an interesting way of thinking.

I mean, I am sure that applies to all military, they are not born militaries, they eventually become militaries. I could quote how he was first civilian, but it would not add, subtract, multiply, divide nor make the square root of the fact that he is not civilian now, but military and hence my statement saying that he is military is correct, whereas your statement about him being civilian is, at minimum, inaccurate.
It seems you are ready to argue about anything, simply because you like to argue.

Shoigu is not a military man in the sense that he is not a product of the military system. He did not serve in the army, did not graduate from a higher military school, and was not an active officer. The Russian military itself does not consider Shoigu a military man.

Before Shoigu, Russia's Minister of Defense was Serdyukov, a former head of the tax service. Before Serdyukov, the Minister of Defense was Ivanov, a philologist by training. My point is that the Minister of Defense is not a professional military man; this is normal practice in Europe in general and in Russia in particular. The highest rank for a military man is the head of the General Staff. Formally, the supreme commander is the president, but you won’t say that Biden is a military man?

Glad to know the European and Ruzzian cultures have so many points in common. Ok, he has a military rank but is not a career military guy.

Why do you think he has been shown the door? Is everything going well over there?

copper member
Activity: 2072
Merit: 901
White Russian
Shoigu civilian? ... well, short of...

Shoigu received the rank of major general in 1993,[12] and was promoted swiftly to lieutenant general in 1995,[13] colonel general in 1998,[14] and to army general, in practice the highest Russian military rank, in 2003.[15]
Yep, Shoigu civilian. Before becoming a major general, he was a lieutenant, and received the rank of lieutenant thanks to his studies at a university with a military department. And you yourself know this very well, but out of habit you quoted only that part of the information that is beneficial to you. You have a professional deformation from an overdose of propaganda. Grin

Oh, so he was civilian before he is no longer civilian. So now is not civilian? And somehow I am doing propaganda? You have an interesting way of thinking.

I mean, I am sure that applies to all military, they are not born militaries, they eventually become militaries. I could quote how he was first civilian, but it would not add, subtract, multiply, divide nor make the square root of the fact that he is not civilian now, but military and hence my statement saying that he is military is correct, whereas your statement about him being civilian is, at minimum, inaccurate.
It seems you are ready to argue about anything, simply because you like to argue.

Shoigu is not a military man in the sense that he is not a product of the military system. He did not serve in the army, did not graduate from a higher military school, and was not an active officer. The Russian military itself does not consider Shoigu a military man.

Before Shoigu, Russia's Minister of Defense was Serdyukov, a former head of the tax service. Before Serdyukov, the Minister of Defense was Ivanov, a philologist by training. My point is that the Minister of Defense is not a professional military man; this is normal practice in Europe in general and in Russia in particular. The highest rank for a military man is the head of the General Staff. Formally, the supreme commander is the president, but you won’t say that Biden is a military man?
Pages:
Jump to: