Pages:
Author

Topic: ... - page 4. (Read 5365 times)

Activity: 743
Merit: 502
August 18, 2015, 07:10:16 PM
This is bull. If ever we see xt nodes being run on free trials on virtual servers, we will see bitcoin fall to the ground. Why fake the stats? Desperation, I think.

I've said it over and over...
the powers that be can't stop bitcoin! they can't simply shut TCP/IP. but they can take over the Dev team..Gavicough... i mean If i recall, the "folks at the CIA" talk a chat with Gavin didn't they?
no one knows what the fuck they talked about. I don't trust Gavin, XT, or mike for a millisecond.

FUCK XT!!! FUCK YOU GAVIN!! FUUUUUUUUCK YOU

Real mature.

Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
August 18, 2015, 07:09:53 PM
This is bull. If ever we see xt nodes being run on free trials on virtual servers, we will see bitcoin fall to the ground. Why fake the stats? Desperation, I think.

the powers that be can't stop bitcoin! they can't simply shut TCP/IP. but they can take over the Dev team..Gavicough... i mean If i recall, the "folks at the CIA" talk a chat with Gavin didn't they?
no one knows what the fuck they talked about. I don't trust Gavin, XT, or mike for a millisecond.

FUCK XT!!! FUCK YOU GAVIN!! FUUUUUUUUCK YOU

Real mature.
Activity: 743
Merit: 502
August 18, 2015, 07:08:57 PM

the powers that be can't stop bitcoin! they can't simply shut TCP/IP. but they can take over the Dev team..Gavicough... i mean If i recall, the "folks at the CIA" had  a  little chat with Gavin didn't they?

FUCK XT!!! FUCK YOU GAVIN.. FUCK YOU MIKE!!! FUUUUUUUUCK YOU
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
August 18, 2015, 06:58:22 PM
before XT : 5800-5900
after XT : 6500

problem ?  Roll Eyes

The problem is you are counting NotXT nodes (and Pseudonodes) as XT nodes.  Let me know how that works out for you.   Tongue

wtf is this notxt thing?

besides i think the guy meant that it is just pure new fake nodes, as in no old nodes migration towards xt. or at least thats how i see it.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
August 18, 2015, 06:45:51 PM
I undertook the painstaking effort of seeing how many virtual servers/cloud servers were being used as nodes for Bitcoin XT, since the node # rose alot the past few days. No less than 250 nodes are virtual servers from Amazon, Microsoft, Digital Ocean, etc. Seems like almost every company that offers free trials has at least a handful of Bitcoin XT servers. There might be quite a bit more since I didn't have time to research all the different companies.

So 40+ % of Bitcoin XT nodes are definitely virtual servers, they're trying to inflate their numbers to appear credible. Free virtual servers have little power so they're obviously not mining, and won't help Bitcoin XT gain ability to take over the network. The only thing they do is create an illusion.

https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/nodes/?q=/Bitcoin%20XT:0.11.0/

more then a happy coincidence one would say. replies can twist all they want tis obvious someones faking.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
August 18, 2015, 06:29:25 PM

problem ?  Roll Eyes

The problem is you are counting NotXT nodes (and Pseudonodes) as XT nodes.  Let me know how that works out for you.   Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
August 18, 2015, 06:23:36 PM
for now, 10% of all nodes are on XT...

11%!

Since I got in this train, never a dull day. Cheesy

problem ?  Roll Eyes

Oh that's clearly brand new users, enticed in by all the uncertainty presumably.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
August 18, 2015, 06:13:16 PM

11%!

problem ?  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
August 18, 2015, 06:09:57 PM
for now, 10% of all nodes are on XT and NotXT...

Fixed it.

Mostly free trials?  LOL, so much for the mighty Gavinista economic majority.  More like broke kids bored because summer vacation!   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
August 18, 2015, 06:00:51 PM
I don't see any issues with that... I've configured nodes both on VPS and on a server of my own. It depends on what's cheaper and on what you feel comfortable with. I'd be more worried with fake nodes than with nodes running on VPS's
Activity: 493
Merit: 500
August 18, 2015, 05:08:40 PM
To the OP: Who cares?

The number of nodes running XT has nothing whatsoever to do with the rollout of 8MB block support.  That depends entirely on the blocks mined % crossing 75%, followed by a 2-week delay.  Those numbers can't be faked, and for now are at 0.1%.

And no, the mining of a BIP 101 block does NOT create a fork.  Core reads and understands those blocks perfectly well.  It will not fork until the first > 1MB block is mined, which won't occur until after the rollout, and possibly not for weeks or months after that.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
August 18, 2015, 04:50:04 PM
This is isn't as much of a "win" for Core as you think. Any new technology option is served well by a free trial - it allows people a no-risk or low-risk point of entry, it generates good will, and it serves to build a base of first adopters.

Free trial nodes set the base from which momentum could occur. If you're against momentum I'd be weary of considering this a meaningless or trivial fact.
Activity: 742
August 18, 2015, 02:54:35 PM

If we are in a situation where hosting nodes can break bitcoin, i think something went wrong a long time ago. If hosting nodes can break bitcoin, then so be it. Let's do 'er up guys.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
August 18, 2015, 02:34:23 PM

11%!

I remember talking to people about this, online and in physical life but I didn't expect to see it, it's exciting!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
August 18, 2015, 01:44:08 PM
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
August 18, 2015, 01:40:21 PM
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
August 18, 2015, 12:31:16 PM
I run my full node on a VPS and it runs core.

Most free trials for VPS's are not going to offer the RAM and HD space necessary to run a full node, XT or not.

Also the number of relay nodes that are running XT does not matter because XT will not fork until two weeks after 75% of blocks (out of the last 1000) have been mined with a XT flag. It would be possible that 99% of relay nodes could be running XT and (according to the current plan), the network would not fork.
Activity: 714
August 18, 2015, 11:27:30 AM
Many of those could also be NotBitcoinXT nodes (Link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/not-bitcoin-xt-1154520 )

Those are disguised nodes that appear as BitcoinXT but don't actually support the blocksize increase.

and why they are runnign xt , they should support Core if they do not want those changes to take place, there are perhaps some good other features in XT that they are looking at?

What after the trial period? If Bitcoin community split into two and Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin XT run on different nodes - due to this coming fork, many people may lost their Bitcoins in their wallets.

How exactly is that going to happen?

Indeed, that's the opposite of what will happen. If you have 1 BTC pre-fork, then post-fork you have 1 BTC on Core + 1 BTC on XT.

but if you spend this bitcoin, the other bitcoin from xt or core it will be spent too right?
That depends on if the transaction is also propagated to the other fork. As far as I understand Bitcoin, everybody could just take your transaction from one fork and but it on the other fork(since it signation is valid on both blockchains)
If you wanted to keep them separated, you would have to make some kind of double spend, sending your Bitcoin on both forks to different addresses, but that still could mean that one of these transaction would appear on both blockchains, depending on which transactions lands in the blocks.
Activity: 639
August 18, 2015, 10:18:50 AM
Many of those could also be NotBitcoinXT nodes (Link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/not-bitcoin-xt-1154520 )

Those are disguised nodes that appear as BitcoinXT but don't actually support the blocksize increase.

and why they are runnign xt , they should support Core if they do not want those changes to take place, there are perhaps some good other features in XT that they are looking at?

What after the trial period? If Bitcoin community split into two and Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin XT run on different nodes - due to this coming fork, many people may lost their Bitcoins in their wallets.

How exactly is that going to happen?

Indeed, that's the opposite of what will happen. If you have 1 BTC pre-fork, then post-fork you have 1 BTC on Core + 1 BTC on XT.

but if you spend this bitcoin, the other bitcoin from xt or core it will be spent too right?
Activity: 517
Merit: 501
August 18, 2015, 10:03:30 AM
No one would keep their private keys on a virtual server, especially if they're going to be receiving block rewards.

Which has nothing to do with running a node. Also, I don't see any particular relevance of receiving block rewards in this context.

Another 100 servers added this morning, probably all BS. This entire campaign is disturbing, they are trying to run Bitcoin into the ground.

Again, node count does not say much. Have they been added or just existing nodes converted from Bitcoin Core to XT? Maybe these are just people voicing their opinion.

I am not discounting the fact that these nodes are shills, I am simply saying that your way of measuring/judging this is useless. Which makes this FUD.
Pages:
Jump to: