Author

Topic: - - page 599. (Read 713527 times)

dx5
Activity: 303
Merit: 251
August 23, 2016, 05:24:06 AM
Exactly how many DCT are there to be sold. And how much is the foundation keeping?

Information about this are going to be updated soon. In the meanwhile, I would suggest to check out DECENT Software Sale and join our Slack.
I already joined. Another question, if I publish something, can I un-publish it?

Great! DECENT is a blockchain based p2p network. A key characteristic of blockchain is immutability. So once something is published, it cannot be unpublished.

It's similar to Bitcoin transactions. After you send BTC from your wallet to someone else, you can't undo it.

But how would that work when millions of 4k, 8k videos get published. Unless the whole world is mining, there's just not going to be enough hard drive space as time moves along.

There is a small publishing fee for each piece of content. This is aimed to prevent network spam and to incentivise publication of great genuine content. 

But that's exactly what I'm talking about. Not spam, but legit content. For example, lets say that NBC decides to post 180 hours of 8K Olympic coverage on Decent in 2020, then again in 2024, then again in 2025. With thousands of other user also posting 8k content. With petrabytes upon petrabytes of data. All that data cannot possibly stay in the blockchain.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
August 23, 2016, 02:52:42 AM
Is september 10 still sacrosanct?

DECENT Software Sale starts on 10 September 2016.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
August 23, 2016, 02:39:20 AM
Is september 10 still sacrosanct?
August 23, 2016, 02:28:56 AM
Exactly how many DCT are there to be sold. And how much is the foundation keeping?

Information about this are going to be updated soon. In the meanwhile, I would suggest to check out DECENT Software Sale and join our Slack.
I already joined. Another question, if I publish something, can I un-publish it?

Great! DECENT is a blockchain based p2p network. A key characteristic of blockchain is immutability. So once something is published, it cannot be unpublished.

It's similar to Bitcoin transactions. After you send BTC from your wallet to someone else, you can't undo it.

But how would that work when millions of 4k, 8k videos get published. Unless the whole world is mining, there's just not going to be enough hard drive space as time moves along.

There is a small publishing fee for each piece of content. This is aimed to prevent network spam and to incentivise publication of great genuine content. 
dx5
August 23, 2016, 01:59:53 AM

August 23, 2016, 01:29:13 AM

dx5
August 23, 2016, 01:27:06 AM

August 23, 2016, 12:24:20 AM

dx5
August 23, 2016, 12:20:28 AM
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
August 22, 2016, 11:19:30 PM
decent
Activity: 938
Merit: 522
August 22, 2016, 10:23:33 PM
SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN UPDATE

Hello guy, here are some forms that will make us automate the process of out signature campaign and ensure, non of your requests got lost.

Bounty Appeal form

- Have you been rejected? Or do you have any issues with the campaign? Use this form to submit your request

Spammers and abusers report form

- Have you noticed there is an obvious spam attempt? Let us know!

Rank change request form

- Did you membership level change during the campaign duration? Report it here please.

Hopefully we will reach the best possible level of transparency within our Bounty campaign.
Thank you all for the support!

what about more than 200 lower ranks accounts enrolled already ? Just remove the lower ranks from the campaign or limit it to only 30 accounts.

We won't count accounts that were created after 3rd of August (after the bounty campaign start)
If you encounter some obvious spam attempt let us know through the forms posted in our OP.
Thanks for support!
I don't understand why do you want to ignore it but all or most of those accounts are created before 3rd & were only made to shill/spam campaigns & shitcoins.

one person with 50 low level accounts get 600 stakes while they don't even display the signature properly & also reduce the amount of DCT for the other participants.

why do you give so much importance to lower ranks ? at least in this campaign. Why cant you limit the lower rank accounts to 30-40 & let the higher ranks participate & promote in much more fair atmosphere.

Thanks. I hope you understand my point.

That's why we have created the form were you can submit spammers that you have noticed. Every entry will be individually considered.
The form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnzZExsA38UDqUxheGntVBKH41CPkkgJc5WEIIFyyqB10Osw/viewform?c=0&w=1

thank you for information  Wink
Activity: 1234
Merit: 528
Decentralized Content Distribution
August 22, 2016, 03:48:07 PM
Blockchain conference in Helsinki starts this Friday, August 26.
Come and meet DECENT founder Matej Michalko!

https://cointelegraph.com/blockchain-conference
August 22, 2016, 02:15:52 PM
joined signature

Thank you for the support!
August 22, 2016, 02:15:32 PM
Joined signature campaig  Wink

Thanks for support!
Activity: 112
August 22, 2016, 02:06:44 PM
DECENT is expanding another News site to jump on the decentralised content sharing with us. http://decent.ch/decent-partners-coiniran/
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
August 22, 2016, 01:42:18 PM
joined signature
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1049
Smart is not enough, there must be skills
August 22, 2016, 11:09:41 AM
Joined signature campaig  Wink