Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 8. (Read 19623 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
November 15, 2012, 10:22:48 PM
It's refreshing to have a big, prominent company coming out and supporting Bitcoin. It does a lot of good to have something to contrast with SR. Especially when WordPress.com goes sout of its way to point out the quasi-censorious nature of PayPal.

Haha, I loved that. I guess PayPal will be thrilled when they see that! I would not be surprised if their knee jerk reaction was: "Remove bitcoin from your site, or else we will freeze your PayPal accounts". I hope Wordpress are upstanding Guys and won't cave to PayPal or anyone else. Giving the nature of their business, I would think so.

Or better yet, give them the middle finger and go Bitcoin only!  Grin Well one can dream, right?  Roll Eyes Cheesy
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
November 15, 2012, 10:20:16 PM
It's refreshing to have a big, prominent company coming out and supporting Bitcoin. It does a lot of good to have something to contrast with SR. Especially when WordPress.com goes sout of its way to point out the quasi-censorious nature of PayPal.

Haha, I loved that. I guess PayPal will be thrilled when they see that! I would not be surprised if their knee jerk reaction was: "Remove bitcoin from your site, or else we will freeze your PayPal accounts". I hope Wordpress are upstanding Guys and won't cave to PayPal or anyone else. Giving the nature of their business, I would think so.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
November 15, 2012, 10:15:41 PM
Anyone else notice how the official announcement from Wordpress has subtly changed since it was originally posted?
I noticed the change from Cuba and Iraq to Ethiopia.

I guess they didn't want to go all the way balls to the wall on the freedom issue..  Roll Eyes
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
November 15, 2012, 10:13:52 PM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
November 15, 2012, 09:54:58 PM
This is actually pretty big news, not "wikipedia accepts bitcoin" big, but big nonetheless.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
November 15, 2012, 09:52:38 PM
This is indeed great news.

But while we're all jumping up and down praising Wordpress, let's give a little credit on the side to BitPay shall we? They've probably made things easier and smoother for everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076
November 15, 2012, 09:48:46 PM
Anyone else notice how the official announcement from Wordpress has subtly changed since it was originally posted?
I noticed the change from Cuba and Iraq to Ethiopia.
November 15, 2012, 09:46:24 PM
I always tought bitcoin was a great concept, from the first time I learned about it. I am glad more people, and esp. people who actually amounts to something realizing this. Wordpress is huge. As more and more 'bigger' entities follow, then more will follow. This will have a snowballing effect. And the more merchants and companies that adopts bitcoin, the harder it will be to justify 'regulating' it to death.

I haven't been too active in the bitcoin community the last few months, so actually seeing things like this, makes me very happy and give me even more renewed confidence in that bitcoin will succeed big. When wordpress now accepts bitcoin, other sites will be thinking "Hm.. wordpress takes bitcoin, then we should too". Then the boss of some larger retailer sees that wordpress, and site x, site n and site b takes bitcoin, and it should amount to something, and before you know it, you can buy on newegg.com with bitcoin, then comes amazon... and so on....  Grin

Cheers for freedom to the individual and for a great payment solution !
legendary
Activity: 1498
November 15, 2012, 09:27:37 PM
@gweedo can you STFU? Please

Why? cause I disagree that wordpress is the almighty blogging platform. I just don't like wordpress company, plus they said this is half ass launched, they should support anything they sell in bitcoins, and do it right, instead of just half or pick and choose. Sorry my opinion is different and I forgot this isn't a forum for discussions.

For what it's worth, I respect your opinion and wasn't dissing you by posting comments/replies to your posts. (I know your post above wasn't directed toward me, but I wanted to go on record, nonetheless)

Don't worry I got my big boy panties on, I am good LOL

Why? cause I disagree that wordpress is the almighty blogging platform. I just don't like wordpress company, plus they said this is half ass launched, they should support anything they sell in bitcoins, and do it right, instead of just half or pick and choose. Sorry my opinion is different and I forgot this isn't a forum for discussions.

Meh, because bitcoin...

Exactly... no answer

Here is the PR boom

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2012/11/15/wordpress-com-criticizes-paypal-credit-card-firms-for-restrictions-now-lets-you-pay-with-bitcoin/

http://smartdatacollective.com/rajasekarnonburaj/85541/pay-another-way-bitcoin

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/15/3651684/wordpress-payment-bitcoin-bitpay

http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4791122
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
November 15, 2012, 09:44:03 PM
legendary
Activity: 1002
Bitcoin
November 15, 2012, 09:43:00 PM
Fantastic...  BTC will became widely used, maybe faster than most of us think !

I Like the press coverage that follows, and all this may just make a snow ball !

That news make my day Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I like the artice from Douglas French about acceptance of new currency, well written, well reashershed.  A must read, kinda related..

http://lfb.org/today/currencies-of-the-future/

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
November 15, 2012, 09:36:30 PM
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
November 15, 2012, 09:35:44 PM
I don't remember. Who was next?

google.com
facebook.com
youtube.com
yahoo.com
baidu.com
wikipedia.org
live.com
twitter.com
qq.com
amazon.com
taobao.com
linkedin.com
blogspot.com
google.co.in
yahoo.co.jp
sina.com.cn
google.de
yandex.ru
msn.com
wordpress.com
google.com.hk
google.co.jp
bing.com
ebay.com
google.co.uk

Reddit?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
November 15, 2012, 09:33:24 PM
I don't remember. Who was next?

google.com
facebook.com
youtube.com
yahoo.com
baidu.com
wikipedia.org
live.com
twitter.com
qq.com
amazon.com
taobao.com
linkedin.com
blogspot.com
google.co.in
yahoo.co.jp
sina.com.cn
google.de
yandex.ru
msn.com
wordpress.com
google.com.hk
google.co.jp
bing.com
ebay.com
google.co.uk
legendary
November 15, 2012, 09:16:37 PM
If not now, then later will one be able to upgrade via Bitcoin to a self-hosted blog:

Bitcoin should be accepted for all purchases within two or three months.

As I said before it is a half ass launch kinda sucks great PR just seems it was rushed. Also what can you buy if your self hosting a blog? Just the spam stuff? At that point I would just get Disqus.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
November 15, 2012, 09:29:18 PM
This is good news, but: How exactly is this target group supposed to get hold of bitcoins? Oh, right. There are no bitcoin exchanges in Kenya, Haiti, Cuba, or Iraq. I am not being sarcastic, but genuinely concerned about this problem.
Remittances and donations should be more than sufficient. Most bloggers from these countries have family abroad who do have access to bitcoins, and if they have any international audience at all it's shouldn't be hard to get enough bitcoins from their readers to pay for the services.

https://bitcoinnordic.com/  I think they offer services in Africa and the middle east.
legendary
November 15, 2012, 09:12:16 PM

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
November 15, 2012, 09:24:37 PM
Take a gander at some of the comments below the announcement: http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2012/11/15/pay-another-way-bitcoin/
My favorite comment: "This is fantastic! With a place to spend Bitcoins, we can now begin accepting them from our readers. Thanks, WordPress!"

Mine:

This is very interesting. I didn't know of Bitcoin… thank you!

Image of the day:

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
November 15, 2012, 09:20:00 PM
Merit: 1007
November 15, 2012, 09:18:27 PM
Take a gander at some of the comments below the announcement: http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2012/11/15/pay-another-way-bitcoin/
My favorite comment: "This is fantastic! With a place to spend Bitcoins, we can now begin accepting them from our readers. Thanks, WordPress!"
Pages:
Jump to: